Floyd's New Ranger - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #61

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
I'm guessing you're pointing to the brake controller. What make is it, it's a lot smaller than my P2. Wasn't a lot of mounting locations in my Ranger. The P2 controller was the only thing I was able to salvage after it was totaled. A smaller unit may be in order for the next truck.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #62

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
I'm guessing you're pointing to the brake controller. What make is it, it's a lot smaller than my P2. Wasn't a lot of mounting locations in my Ranger. The P2 controller was the only thing I was able to salvage after it was totaled. A smaller unit may be in order for the next truck.
I had a P3 on the shelf and really wanted to use it, but I couldn't find a decent location.
In the picture I am actually activating the manual override on the brakes.
That tiny box is the slide brake. To the right is a Tiny Screen which is the readout. The actual brake control box is mounted up under the dash out of sight and out of the way. The other two units shown can be placed anywhere within reach or sight.
The Unit is a HOPKINS INSIGHT three piece brake control unit
shown below also a picture of the unit mounted under my dash..

https://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Contr...s/hm47297.html

Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail.jpgIB5.jpg  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:59 PM   #63

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Are you keeping that plastic on the seats? Just wondering. Very snazzy truck.
Mike,

You saw the condition Floyd's red truck was in; it takes some forethought and effort to keep a vehicle looking that nice.

Floyd's not only a good caretaker, but he's also frugal too. I figure he complained at the dealership and they salvaged those seat covers from the refuse bin. He'll run those until they wear out.

And now he knows just where to get all the replacements he could ever want; color: clear, fit: universal!
Old 06-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #64

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
More seriously, congratulations Floyd.

I confidently expect that the new rig will meet all your expectations.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #65

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Mike,

You saw the condition Floyd's red truck was in; it takes some forethought and effort to keep a vehicle looking that nice.

Floyd's not only a good caretaker, but he's also frugal too. I figure he complained at the dealership and they salvaged those seat covers from the refuse bin. He'll run those until they wear out.

And now he knows just where to get all the replacements he could ever want; color: clear, fit: universal!

Thanks for the kind words,but....

Seriously, that's not a bad idea! If I can't get clean ones from the dumpster...Maybe keep a couple of Drum liners under the back seat with a slit partway up both sides... They would cover the front buckets completely when needed and serve as rain ponchos or ground cover in inclement weather.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #66

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Thanks for the kind words,but....

Seriously, that's not a bad idea! If I can't get clean ones from the dumpster...Maybe keep a couple of Drum liners under the back seat with a slit partway up both sides... They would cover the front buckets completely when needed and serve as rain ponchos or ground cover in inclement weather.
Ouch. Let's not get started. I have been guilty of keeping extra-large heavy-duty plastic from equipment packaging in case I have to crawl underneath the vehicle, etc. Periodically, I have to discard the "extras" I find "here and there".

It's the same with the most excellent glass and plastic containers that I save for packing coffee or whatnot. I could equip a jamboree.

It's a dangerous habit if you can't stop at just one...
Old 06-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #67

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Ouch. Let's not get started. I have been guilty of keeping extra-large heavy-duty plastic from equipment packaging in case I have to crawl underneath the vehicle, etc. Periodically, I have to discard the "extras" I find "here and there".

It's the same with the most excellent glass and plastic containers that I save for packing coffee or whatnot. I could equip a jamboree.

It's a dangerous habit if you can't stop at just one...
You would not believe the kind of stuff I collected over the years, but then I think that you would believe!

When I was working I was able to build up a decent supply of interesting and "this could be useful some day" stuff. Now I am slowly using it up. The dumpsters in an office/industrial park can be goldmines!

Flat pieces of closed cell shipping packaging are great for comfort on wet and hard picnic benches, one long block of foam is what keeps the Scamp drawers from sliding open when towing, aluminum clad plastic sheets with Velcro strips attached cover our windows when it is cold, etc. etc. More closed cell foam insulates my roof vents. Various pieces of leftover metal were used on many of my projects.

Some of us were making dumpster diving into an art form and every lunch break walk included a quick peek. It is truly habit forming...
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote