Floyd's New Ranger - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Borrego Dave's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Posts: 3,738
I'm guessing you're pointing to the brake controller. What make is it, it's a lot smaller than my P2. Wasn't a lot of mounting locations in my Ranger. The P2 controller was the only thing I was able to salvage after it was totaled. A smaller unit may be in order for the next truck.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 7,794
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
I'm guessing you're pointing to the brake controller. What make is it, it's a lot smaller than my P2. Wasn't a lot of mounting locations in my Ranger. The P2 controller was the only thing I was able to salvage after it was totaled. A smaller unit may be in order for the next truck.
I had a P3 on the shelf and really wanted to use it, but I couldn't find a decent location.
In the picture I am actually activating the manual override on the brakes.
That tiny box is the slide brake. To the right is a Tiny Screen which is the readout. The actual brake control box is mounted up under the dash out of sight and out of the way. The other two units shown can be placed anywhere within reach or sight.
The Unit is a HOPKINS INSIGHT three piece brake control unit
shown below also a picture of the unit mounted under my dash..


https://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Contr...s/hm47297.html




Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail.jpgIB5.jpg  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:59 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Civilguy's Avatar
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Posts: 1,608
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Are you keeping that plastic on the seats? Just wondering. Very snazzy truck.
Mike,

You saw the condition Floyd's red truck was in; it takes some forethought and effort to keep a vehicle looking that nice.

Floyd's not only a good caretaker, but he's also frugal too. I figure he complained at the dealership and they salvaged those seat covers from the refuse bin. He'll run those until they wear out.

And now he knows just where to get all the replacements he could ever want; color: clear, fit: universal!
__________________
~ Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. ~
Civilguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Civilguy's Avatar
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Posts: 1,608
Registry
More seriously, congratulations Floyd.

I confidently expect that the new rig will meet all your expectations.
__________________
~ Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. ~
Civilguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 7,794
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Mike,

You saw the condition Floyd's red truck was in; it takes some forethought and effort to keep a vehicle looking that nice.

Floyd's not only a good caretaker, but he's also frugal too. I figure he complained at the dealership and they salvaged those seat covers from the refuse bin. He'll run those until they wear out.

And now he knows just where to get all the replacements he could ever want; color: clear, fit: universal!



Thanks for the kind words,but....

Seriously, that's not a bad idea! If I can't get clean ones from the dumpster...Maybe keep a couple of Drum liners under the back seat with a slit partway up both sides... They would cover the front buckets completely when needed and serve as rain ponchos or ground cover in inclement weather.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Civilguy's Avatar
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Posts: 1,608
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Thanks for the kind words,but....

Seriously, that's not a bad idea! If I can't get clean ones from the dumpster...Maybe keep a couple of Drum liners under the back seat with a slit partway up both sides... They would cover the front buckets completely when needed and serve as rain ponchos or ground cover in inclement weather.
Ouch. Let's not get started. I have been guilty of keeping extra-large heavy-duty plastic from equipment packaging in case I have to crawl underneath the vehicle, etc. Periodically, I have to discard the "extras" I find "here and there".

It's the same with the most excellent glass and plastic containers that I save for packing coffee or whatnot. I could equip a jamboree.

It's a dangerous habit if you can't stop at just one...
__________________
~ Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. ~
Civilguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Paul O.'s Avatar
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Colorado
Posts: 1,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Ouch. Let's not get started. I have been guilty of keeping extra-large heavy-duty plastic from equipment packaging in case I have to crawl underneath the vehicle, etc. Periodically, I have to discard the "extras" I find "here and there".

It's the same with the most excellent glass and plastic containers that I save for packing coffee or whatnot. I could equip a jamboree.

It's a dangerous habit if you can't stop at just one...
You would not believe the kind of stuff I collected over the years, but then I think that you would believe!

When I was working I was able to build up a decent supply of interesting and "this could be useful some day" stuff. Now I am slowly using it up. The dumpsters in an office/industrial park can be goldmines!

Flat pieces of closed cell shipping packaging are great for comfort on wet and hard picnic benches, one long block of foam is what keeps the Scamp drawers from sliding open when towing, aluminum clad plastic sheets with Velcro strips attached cover our windows when it is cold, etc. etc. More closed cell foam insulates my roof vents. Various pieces of leftover metal were used on many of my projects.

Some of us were making dumpster diving into an art form and every lunch break walk included a quick peek. It is truly habit forming...
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking at new TV Ford 2019 Ranger Boe and Suzanne Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 88 02-05-2019 01:35 PM
New Ford Ranger the_fixer Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 90 10-29-2018 07:16 PM
New here w/ a 1954 Ranger and a U-Haul socalvintagetraile Hi, I am.... 18 03-20-2012 09:30 AM
NEW TOW VEHICLE Ford Ranger steve dunham Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 47 02-10-2012 02:46 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.