For any who like a saga....this is mine - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Rita')
For any who like a saga....this is mine

Hi,
I have a problem. I am an addict. I am a camperholic. And I am never satisfied longer than 30 minutes. I first heard of FBRV in 06.
Have camped in tents, slide-ins, Toyota motorhome(s), and more. In 06 my problem escalated. I bought a Scamp 5er over Ebay. So, I loaded up the truck with 3 of my friends, and leaving AR. we drove to St. George Utah.

This arrangement worked out great for me, as they all chipped in for gas, and rooms, to get to come along on the trip! What a deal!Stopping at a restaurant as we got into southern Co there was a sign that told us which passes were open. I commented how a month ago (this was May), this would have been really relevant info. Ha! Little did I know, as we drove on, it began to snow. And then I saw the really deep snow along the road, as we climbed higher. Did I mention we were heading for Wolf Creek Pass?!

Creeping along, I noticed a zippy little car closing ranks behind me. Suddenly it fishtailed and slipped off and up into a snow bank.

Picked up my Scamp, after getting the hitch installed, and we began the fun parts of Grand Canyon, and more. 9 days worth.
Coming home, the brakes were grabbing on the Scamp. Try draggin one down the interstate at 70 miles an hour like that! In the middle of nowhere we found a little garage, that could only disable the brakes, but it got us home. By then we were out of the mountains.
But after a while, I began to cast a roving eye at Casitas. So, I advertised the Scamp here, and a nice man from PA drove out here with his 2 kids, and bought it. Off they went, for their own adventures.

We ran an ad in the Springfield, Mo paper and 2 weeks later a nice older couple from Springfield, called with an 03 Freedom Deluxe. We bought it. It was a dream to pull to Co. and more. We named her Rita. But then the 30 minutes were up again. Thought I wanted more room.
Saw an ad on Craigslist from someone in S. AZ who offered to drive 1,000 miles to get a Casita. We were 1,200. He came. He bought.

I wanted a 5th wheel Shadow Cruiser, and found a nice one in--you guessed it AZ! Days later we drove to AZ to pick it up! On the way out in January, we met up with 2 Olivers that were being taken to the RV show in AZ. Got the tour! Beautiful.

There were a series of Shadow Cruisers. Finally we wanted a TT, an aerodynamic one. A Trail Cruiser, 27', 08, more room, ducted heat & air.

It's nice, but sometimes I think a little camper is just really nice too. So--we began to run ads on Craigs list. Came into contact with Ed, and then I put Shelly in touch with him. As I found a Spirit Deluxe, and 03-- in Tulsa. So, I am now a proud owner of yet another Casita, unnammed as yet.
Looking for adventure.........
Betty L.
Betty L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 PM   #2

Name: Stan Hansard
Trailer: 2004 13" Scamp
Tennessee
Cool

Wow,I'm getting a Headach....Better hold off giving it a name.Wait 31 min..
stanintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #3

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Very nice.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
great story Betty.. thanks for sharing!

What is it they say... what goes around comes around. I think the adage was meant for some other situation, but somehow think the words fit your story just fine!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Betty L., I really enjoyed your post. I'm betting though that this time, having the experience with several that this may be the one that sticks around for awhile. It just sounds like you have had some serious fun!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #6

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
hmmmm wonder if i can block this post from my wife,,,, don;t want her to have a heads up on what she could be in for....
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #7

Thanks for the kind words --and the funny ones!!
Love reading them. And got a laugh out of them as well.
Betty L.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp 5th Wheel
Oklahoma
No matter how much I want, and no matter what I wish for................

I'll probably keep my Scamp 5th Wheel.

John
John Cotrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
The grass always looks greener..... right? Hey, that's all right, keep having fun.
Mike Magee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #10

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I just want more Trillium 4500's. I was so close on Tuesday, but someone got there before me.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #11

David,
I feel your pain! Been in that situation too.
Betty L.