For beginners.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
For beginners....

Help is just a click away.........

The #1 RV Video Education Source
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #2

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Great link!
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #3

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
nice,,,this should be stickied!
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #4

Name: John J.
Trailer: 13' Scamp / 34' Sunnybrook Titan
Virginia
Wow, what a great site, even though I've have had a 5th wheels since April 04, and the Scamp for almost 2 years, I'm going to read or listen to everything I can. Each time someone tells me something new it makes me a better person. For instance I just learned today from the gentleman that realized my Scamp he was going to buy didn't have an A/C (and he lives in south Florida) that putting Ice cubes in the Black water holding tank after dumping and heading home it would slosh around cleaning it up and all you needed to do was to drain the remaining black water into a pan and dump it into the home commode. Walah what a great idea. Thanks Roger for this one. and Thank you Jim for that great site, have already bookmarked it...
John J. Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:40 AM   #5

Name: randy
Trailer: in the market
Illinois
I need more of this type of information. I don't have a camper yet and I have never camped. in other words..... I'm clueless. I will be retiring in about two years and would like to do a lot of traveling to catch up with friends. Who wouldn't love to have my cute little rig parked in their driveway for a few days? Just sayin'. The idea of being able to do is occupying most of my daydreaming time. So I am counting on y'alls experience so I go into it as an informed buyer and future camper.
CREEKHOPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:44 AM   #6

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Thank you!!

Morgyn
1981 13' Boler
Nova Scotia
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #7

Name: Brent
Trailer: Casita
California
Casita vs scamp

I understand everything has it's pros and cons, what would the deciding factors that should be considered between the two brands?
Quality etc
Thanks
Brentsdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #8

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We've used a Casita 16 and a Scamp 16. We started off with the Casita and found it a fine trailer. The reason we bought the Scamp was the Casita 16 was 3 inches shorter floor to ceiling.

Additionally we preferred the Scamp's side bath over the Casita's front bath. Visually the Casita's front bath makes the trailer seem shorter than it's length. Also the lack of a front window adds to the smallness of the Casita.

Other than that we found them fine trailers.

Neither trailer is perfect for our travels. I find they, like most trailers, are designed for weekend travelers. I understand we are in the minority on the road as much as we are, but both lack storage for regular travel.

I will say the Casita has a bigger bathroom, but it adds nothing for us since we would only rarely take a shower in the trailer.

We like the Scamp's front couch, good for guests, reading and lounging.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:23 PM   #9

California
Thanks, it seems the scamp is lighter weight, both are quality products?
Old 03-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #10

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We bought a Casita 17 last November and spent the winter in it. Looked at a Scamp 16 a couple years ago but didn't buy it. Haven't heard of any frame issues with the Casitas as Scamp has had. Casita seems to be a heavier trailer and more tongue weight than Scamp.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #11

California
My tow vehicle is a mildly converted Mercedes sprinter (no plumbing) so tow weight is not a big issue. I mainly wanted to have bathroom facilities when I travel to places that don't have showers etc. the low profile will make windage a non issue, thanks for your comments
Old 03-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentsdeal View Post
I understand everything has it's pros and cons, what would the deciding factors that should be considered between the two brands?
Quality etc
Thanks
Based on your profile, I assumed you already had a Casita. If you are preparing to buy one or the other and looking for guidance, you might want to start a new thread, since this one is about something else entirely. Before you do, here is one of many previous discussions on the subject:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-65738.html

Perhaps a moderator could split this into a separate thread starting at post #7?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:42 PM   #13

California
Thanks
Old 12-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #14

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
I went with Scamp because I live closer to Mn . If I lived closer to Tx. , I’d get a Casita . If I lived central to both , I’d get either .
Jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #15

Name: Roger
Trailer: Northern Lite Trailer
Massachusetts
Does FiberglassRV have sub-groups organized by brands? Boler? NorthernLite? Casita? Etc.
Roger Maroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Maroni View Post
Does FiberglassRV have sub-groups organized by brands? Boler? NorthernLite? Casita? Etc.

Click on Community and scroll down to Groups.
I've not looked beyond that because I find this fragmentation of forums less than useful. I'm willing to bet a short while after joining a group, you'll be talking to yourself. Just not much activity.
Besides, most people need help with appliances and most trailers use the same appliances.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:41 PM   #17

Massachusetts
Got it - thank you. I’m always looking for anyone who owns a Northern Lite trailer. I only know of two others. (Sigh!)
Old 08-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
KV Investments, a hedge fund, now owns Northern Lite and Escape Trailer Industries. ETI has plans for two new trailers in 2020 ( a 23 and a revamped 21 ). Former owner of ETI told me that there were plans for new Northern Lite trailers. Don't have any more info on that.
You'll want to keep an eye on the Escape Owners Forum and you'll find a link to ETI in the ad on that site. http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/
Old 08-18-2019, 05:46 PM   #19

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
KV Investments, a hedge fund, now owns Northern Lite and Escape Trailer Industries. ETI has plans for two new trailers in 2020 ( a 23 and a revamped 21 ). Former owner of ETI told me that there were plans for new Northern Lite trailers. Don't have any more info on that.
You'll want to keep an eye on the Escape Owners Forum and you'll find a link to ETI in the ad on that site. Escape Trailer Owners Community
Fascinating - I only had rumors. Your info is more concrete. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #20

Massachusetts
More: I’m seeing that off grid trailers is part of the KV investments strategy 🤷🏻*♂️