found a hidden treasure in my uhaul frame - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #1

Name: andrew
Trailer: 17 boler
Ontario
found a hidden treasure in my uhaul frame

i was taking part of my frame to have a piece bent and as i'm walking to the shop a tube drops out of the rear of the frame. i look at the frame and then a look around to see if anyone had drop something. it was just me. i look at the frame, and notice there is a tube welded on the back with two yellow caps. i look at the tube like it was a bottle that had just washed up on shore with a hidden message in it.
so i pick it up, on roll the paper and found a (copy) of the original ownership for my trailer. not a huge value but a cool find one i thought

andrew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Boy what a find . That is grate
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Good find! All the UHauls had this secret tube welded just in front of the bumper. Mine has the original registration, others have just found an empty tube.

UHaul was hyper paranoid about theft. You will find UHaul ownership stamps all over the trailer from the windows to the charge controller, the battery case, the furnace, the hood vent, the original tires, the frame in numerous places. Mine even has a decal that says possession without a valid rental contract is evidence of theft!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #4

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew78 View Post
i was taking part of my frame to have a piece bent and as i'm walking to the shop a tube drops out of the rear of the frame. i look at the frame and then a look around to see if anyone had drop something. it was just me. i look at the frame, and notice there is a tube welded on the back with two yellow caps. i look at the tube like it was a bottle that had just washed up on shore with a hidden message in it.
so i pick it up, on roll the paper and found a (copy) of the original ownership for my trailer. not a huge value but a cool find one i thought

There is also on some CTs a stainless steel plate stamped with the VIN and manufacture date...pics at thread # 164-167
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-54255-12.html
I believe it was painted over at the factory so as to be pretty much undetectable by the theives!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Score!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul