Frank & Gail's ParkLiner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #21

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
Minnesota
Deryk, have you considered a retractable door sweep. Might need to be shortened to fit the width of your screen door. They work quite well.

MD Products 07039 36-Inch Aluminum Automatic Seal Door Sweep: Hardware : Walmart.com

Dan
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #22

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Dan something like that should work....just need to take a few measurements for height.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #23

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstock View Post
Since I know almost nothing about metal work, you are likely correct. I'm always amazed by what the dent docs can do though--probably too easily impressed. I was thinking that the replacement top was really expensive, too.

I really like your trailer, by the way. I am heading back to North Carolina for the winter months, and Park Liner is less than one hour away from my NC house. I'm looking forward to a visit there soon.
I just ordered a new cover through Amazon for $40 and change including shipping.

Thanks, we really like our trailer too. Except for this mishap, everything else seems to be fine, but of course, we haven't camped in it yet, and won't until spring. The quality of construction seems exceptional, and the cabinetry is really nice. Best of luck to you!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #24

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Frank, I really don't remember but I'm thinking around #15. By the way I order a lot of stuff from Amazon , great place to buy most everything.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #25

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Frank, I really don't remember but I'm thinking around #15. By the way I order a lot of stuff from Amazon , great place to buy most everything.
Amazon sure is Tim, especially when ya live in the boonies like we do. Had 3 different orders from them today. They sure know what they're doing.

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #26

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Water heater bypass

Here are some pix of the set up on PL34. The first shows the shutoff valve at the cold water inlet to the water heater.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cold H2O shutoff 2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	66011

The second shows the drain valve on the hot water side. This will drain most of the water out of the water heater, but not all. To get the rest, you have to pull the anode rod and use a 3/4" diameter piece of tubing duct taped to the hose on a wet/dry shop vac to suck out the rest plus any sediment.

Name:	hot H2O drain.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	66012

Finally I've included my basic pex tubing tool kit. Instead of using crimp rings, they make push on fittings but they are a bit pricey. I think ~$5 -6 for a single 90 degree elbow.

Name:	pex kit.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	66013

The procedures I follow are here:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post426310 in the Parkliner winterization thread.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #27

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Here are some pix of the set up on PL34. The first shows the shutoff valve at the cold water inlet to the water heater.
Attachment 66011

The second shows the drain valve on the hot water side. This will drain most of the water out of the water heater, but not all. To get the rest, you have to pull the anode rod and use a 3/4" diameter piece of tubing duct taped to the hose on a wet/dry shop vac to suck out the rest plus any sediment.
Attachment 66012

Finally I've included my basic pex tubing tool kit. Instead of using crimp rings, they make push on fittings but they are a bit pricey. I think ~$5 -6 for a single 90 degree elbow.
Attachment 66013

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post426310 in the Parkliner winterization thread.
Excellent! Thanks Brian.

Tell me, maybe I'm missing something, but the pic with the drain valve seems like the valve is 1/2 way up the tank?

For all the PEX stuff I've done, I should buy a tool. I've probably spent more than the tool costs for push-on fittings.

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #28

Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Tell me, maybe I'm missing something, but the pic with the drain valve seems like the valve is 1/2 way up the tank?

Frank
I was wondering that myself. What I assume is happening (and remember the inlet bypass is not closed when you are doing this) is that by opening the kitchen faucet valves, you are creating a siphon action which pulls the water out the the water heater. The end result when I pull the anode rod is that there is less that a half gal of water in there.

Of course, I've been wrong before. It could be happening again!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #29

New York
How could you be wondering that?!? You're the person that did it!

Actually, that's the 1st good laugh I've had today, so thanks.

I'll get in there and cut some hoses so I have a sample and head for the Home Depot store here.

We had our first hard freeze last night, but just barely, so I hope & assume I'm okay. My air compressor fitting arrives today and I'll get at it as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #30

Upstate New York
Quote:
How could you be wondering that?!? You're the person that did it!

Actually, that's the 1st good laugh I've had today, so thanks.

Frank
Sorry Frank,
That was a factory mod, not done on the early production models. Wish I could take the credit but the job was already done for me. Tim Wood did his own plumbing mod and would probably be a better resource than me if you have any questions that my photos don't make clear.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #31

New York
No need to be sorry Brian. Maybe Tim will jump in here!

Enjoy your day.

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #32

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Attachment 66011

Attachment 66012

Attachment 66013

My water heater set up is different from yours Brian. I have a tee where you just have an angle coming out of yours. See pic. Any suggestions?

Frank

Old 10-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #33

New York
Well, if nothin else, it's 1/2" PEX, so off I'll go to the Home Depot tomorrow and get me a valve. I'm sure it goes to the right of the "t" in the pic above.

Got my air blow-out fitting today. Oh oh, says only to use an oil-less compressor? I've got a great compressor, but it is NOT oil-less. Now what?

To make things even better, the folks that fulfilled my Amazon order for a new stainless steel stove top (Suburban 2702AST) sent me a furnace vent with a 2702AST label on it, quite obviously mislabeled. Geez!

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #34

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Frank, don't you have a water separator for your compressor, that should make it OK to use. I just noticed today that Amazon upped the free shipping minimum to $35, was $25 when I ordered an item last week.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #35

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Frank, don't you have a water separator for your compressor, that should make it OK to use. I just noticed today that Amazon upped the free shipping minimum to $35, was $25 when I ordered an item last week.
I have a water separator Bob, but in my experience it's pretty much useless. Harbor Freight $30 special. I could use a $300 good one and then I'd be all set. I do have a couple one-time use filters for painting and I can give that a try. I'm going to check into it more.

Yes, I see where Amazon raised rates today. We're "Prime" members and pay some annual fee to get stuff marked "Prime" with free shipping. It sure makes it easier to shop Amazon, and thereby pays for itself over a year.

Tomorrow I'll deal with the folks that sent me a furnace vent for a cooktop.

Frank
Old 10-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #36

Upstate New York
Quote:
My water heater set up is different from yours Brian. I have a tee where you just have an angle coming out of yours. See pic. Any suggestions?

Frank

I think I would replace the tee with a coupling and move the tee to give enough space to put a valve in the leg to the water heater. Sort of like this -

Name:	piping diagram copy.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	66039

It's kind of a tight spot but you could go up over and down. This would prevent pumping 6 gallons of anti-freeze into the H2O heater but still allow you to pump anti-freeze to anything past it, i.e. sink, shower, toilet. That looks like the simplest to me but you may come up with a more elegant solution.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #37

Upstate New York
Quote:
Got my air blow-out fitting today. Oh oh, says only to use an oil-less compressor? I've got a great compressor, but it is NOT oil-less. Now what?
Frank
Oil-less? Oops. My old compressor was, but not the new one. Too late now, hope that stuff isn't too toxic. Maybe in the spring I'll have to disinfect the water system with vodka instead of clorox and water. Guess I'll have to get a separator before I do that again.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #38

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Congrats again Frank on your Parkliner : )

As an FYI the screen door to include welcome mat is an easy fix. I did mine on a friend's table saw by trimming off 3/8" from the bottom so i could have our magic carpet there to catch the dirt off shoes. Works great & the wife loves the addition (um'er subtraction?)

Cheers,
Thom

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:11 AM   #39

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Congrats again Frank on your Parkliner : )

As an FYI the screen door to include welcome mat is an easy fix. I did mine on a friend's table saw by trimming off 3/8" from the bottom so i could have our magic carpet there to catch the dirt off shoes. Works great & the wife loves the addition (um'er subtraction?)

Cheers,
Thom

Thom, we're did you get the magic carpet?

Hard frost here last 2 nights. I need to winterized our new ParkLiner!

Frank
Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #40

New York
Oh well. 100 bucks worth of PEX stuff this morning, but that did include a crimper (for 1/2 & 3/4) and cutter, plus a bunch of 1/2" stuff - bag of crimp rings, 2 angles, one coupler, one "t", a valve, and a PEX adapter for the tank, which the guy at Home Depot thought was probably 3/4 pipe. Buying the "t" saved me from having to buy a crimp cutter.

Saturday...

Frank

Tags
parkliner