Frank & Gail's ParkLiner - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #41

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Oh well. 100 bucks worth of PEX stuff this morning, but that did include a crimper (for 1/2 & 3/4) and cutter, plus a bunch of 1/2" stuff - bag of crimp rings, 2 angles, one coupler, one "t", a valve, and a PEX adapter for the tank, which the guy at Home Depot thought was probably 3/4 pipe. Buying the "t" saved me from having to buy a crimp cutter.

Saturday...

Frank
If you own a Dremel tool, a cutoff wheel, carefully applied, does a great job of scoring the crimp rings to the point where they will simply pop apart. Then you can use a screwdriver to pry them loose.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #42

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
If you own a Dremel tool, a cutoff wheel, carefully applied, does a great job of scoring the crimp rings to the point where they will simply pop apart. Then you can use a screwdriver to pry them loose.
Aha! Thanks Brian, own 3 dremel tools, an old electric, an old battery driven, and one of the new models. Got plenty of cut-off wheels. That means I can take the "t" back!

31 degrees here both yesterday and today early, but hopefully that isn't a problem. It will be Saturday before I can get at this hot water tank shut off valve thing, then go through those winterization steps you posted. Saturday's low is supposed to be 34, so hopefully I can proceed. Just been behind the darn 8 ball since last Saturday!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #43

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Hi Frank,
OOpppss, well the door mat i have isn't a "Magic Carpet" brand ...guess i've seen to many Disney reruns lately.
The little carpet you see is actually called a "Miracle Door Mat".

Unless you can find them at a local retailer they are IMO very pricey! (we purchased ours for half their advertised online cost at our local Costco)

Link to their website. I will say we have two door mats, two area mats and one runner...we LOVE them! This is one of those rare products that has actually exceeded the manufacture's claims.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #44

New York
Quote:
I just ordered a new cover through Amazon for $40 and change including shipping.

Frank
Turns out I ordered the wrong part, but the part they sent was mislabeled as well! I ordered a stainless steel cook top (2702AST), but turns out it was for a different two burner Suburban stove. The part they sent me was labeled 2702AST, but was an exterior furnace vent! Sheesh!

When I get home tonight I will get the model # off the stove and order the correct cover.

By the way, two emails to ParkLiner about this have gone unanswered. The first one was Sunday morning before I fixed the shelf myself and determined the microwave was 50 bucks at Walmart. The second one was today, simply saying I fixed the shelf and would buy the new microwave, but would they consider sending me a new stove top? I mean, it's not my fault, and certainly not the previous owner's fault that the microwave shelf was so poorly attached. Sheesh!

Great trailers, but boy, customer service is NOT their strong point!

Frank
Old 10-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #45

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Cool

Quote:
Great trailers, but boy, customer service is NOT their strong point!

Frank
As a PL owner i am allowed to say this in brotherly love:

YA THINK?

Old 10-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #46

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
As a PL owner i am allowed to say this in brotherly love:

YA THINK?

Ya know Thom, I went into this with my eyes wide open. Most of you folks know I did a voluminous amount of research on what egg to get, and even reading all I could about ParkLiner, including all the customer service problems, kept coming back to ParkLiner. Oh well.

Frank
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #47

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Frank, i know that you, like Cari & I did all the right homework. Before we purchased even back in January of this year we knew what we were getting into... and guess what? (Probably like you) We would not swap our PL for anything out there!!

Here is to many, many great memories for you two in your PL !

Thom
Old 10-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #48

New York
You got it Thom. It all came down to a moment of decision a week ago Tuesday morning when I got on the computer at 5 (after taking the dog out), and with Buckley's paws on my left leg, encouraging me to get off the computer and go play (darn dog is a play nazi), I spied the ad on the list of new topics on the right side of the forum. it was all I could do not to wake Gail and tell her. She would have likely killed me. But finally an hour later she got up, got the news, said let's go for it, and the rest is now history. We feel very lucky. Now I just need to do a bit of plumbing and winterize it. Also I think we're going to buy a steel carport to keep it under at our place.

I'd rather be in OR. Ya know, I went to school at Wazzu, and have hiked in the Wallowas... 30 some years ago!

Frank

Frank
Old 10-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #49

New York
By golly, I got home to an email from ParkLiner. They're sending me a new stovetop and a check for 50 bucks to replace the microwave. I could not be a happier fellow.

Plus, they said stop in when we're in the neighborhood and get that battery upgrade...

Frank
Old 10-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #50

Name: Monica
Trailer: Exploring fiberglass, 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6
Michigan
Wow! That's great new, Frank. I'm hoping that customer service improves for the sake of PL owners and, of course, for the sake of the long-run success of Parkliner itself.
drstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #51

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstock View Post
Wow! That's great new, Frank. I'm hoping that customer service improves for the sake of PL owners and, of course, for the sake of the long-run success of Parkliner itself.
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said! I could have handled this stuff myself, but now don't have to. I think it says great things about the company. As an owner, I very much want to see them be successful!

Frank
Old 10-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #52

New York
Well, by golly, picked up some PEX tools today, got the new dremel tool out and did fine. This is at least a start. Dark out and I gotta check the shop and see if I have any 1/2" PEX around. May need to buy some, but can also bring back some fittings.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #53

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Frank and Gail's Parkliner

Frank and Gail. Though sad for your microwave shelf mishap I am very glad to hear to hear that you got a timely response and appropriate solution from PL. Question to the tool men.... What is a PEX tool that was mentioned?
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #54

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL Chiffons View Post
Frank and Gail. Though sad for your microwave shelf mishap I am very glad to hear to hear that you got a timely response and appropriate solution from PL. Question to the tool men.... What is a PEX tool that was mentioned?
Yes, I was very pleased as you might very well imagine. The PEX tools above are the crimper (the big orange thing) and the other is a PEX/PVC ratchet-type cutter for the PEX tubing in our ParkLiners. Newer Parkliners have the hot water heater on a separate valved line so it can be closed when winterizing. That saves you filling the hot water tank up with antifreeze. I hope to have mine modified in that manner by Saturday.

Frank
Old 10-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #55

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
By golly, I got home to an email from ParkLiner. They're sending me a new stovetop and a check for 50 bucks to replace the microwave. I could not be a happier fellow.

Plus, they said stop in when we're in the neighborhood and get that battery upgrade...

Frank
I dont get it...I havent gotten a call or email back from them in months... which is why I finally contacted the BBB...I was begining to think it was because of buying mine used.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #56

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I dont get it...I havent gotten a call or email back from them in months... which is why I finally contacted the BBB...I was begining to think it was because of buying mine used.
Deryk, I have no idea why they haven't got back to you. All I can say is I sure hope they do. It's in everyone's best interest!

Frank
Old 10-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #57

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah Frank it baffles me...and Chandler knows I have had a few people come and see my ParkLiner who then ordered one...so Im just confused which is why after all the calls and emails I felt its time to let them know that I will report them, gave them the holiday weekend time to call me, when they still didnt return my call or email I filed with the BBB and the North Carolina Consumer protection because I love my ParkLiner but feel that this is a manuf oversite and they just dont seem to return my messages and I just want a resolution before something happens... and even though we have the original axle they were using how many years until it starts to sag and we get the rubbing that all the other owners are experiencing?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #58
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Deryk, I suspect what is happening is that they receive your email, say to them selves "I've got to decide what to do about that" and then move on to some immediate crisis. Having been in your position let make a suggestion. Either fix it yourself and send them the bill or drive down there with trailer in tow. Gibsonville has to be within a days drive from anywhere in New Jersey. Face to face, I suspect they will take care of you. You may have to leave the trailer to get it taken care of. Be prepared for that.

I do not think that waiting for them to get around to you or hoping others will intercede on your behave will get the results you hope for. Just a thought. Hope it all works out, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #59

New York
Glad I got this done. Now on to winterization (tomorrow).

Old 10-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #60

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Gail and Frank's Parkliner

Deryk, truly baffles me as to why PL have not gotten back to you in an appropriate amount of time. How frustrating. Have you tried to send something certified mail? Hope you hear from them soon. Really shouldn't matter purchased new or preowned.so sorry for your frustrations. BL
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner