Frog & Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #1

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Frog & Burro

After a couple of active postings, the thread I was on got moved to the closed archives, so at DonnaD's request from that thread, here is my response on this thread;

OK, I'll give it a shot. This was taken on my way home from Chicago after an overnight in scenic Hamilton, OH with friends. You can see the temporary lights I had to rig. Enjoy!

Froggie

PS Darn, no joy. Now I've gotta figure out how to shrink a 4 Mb file down to 400 Kb
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #2

Virginia
Registry
OK, here go my next efforts at posting a reduced sized picture! You can see me welcoming you into the camper, looking at what's going on behind, and you can see the Burro with its current tow vehicle, an AWD 2000 Chevy Astro (which is actually overkill!)

Froggie
Attached Thumbnails
Froggie's Burro-1.JPG   Froggie's Burro-2.JPG  

Froggie's Burro-5.JPG  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #3

Virginia
Registry
Now a couple of interior shots... I had temporarily rehung the OEM type cabinet doors in some places where they showed in the pictures, but could do nothing about the gaping holes where the stove and 'fridge should be. You can just make out the vinyl covered cushions... sort of like the material in a '60s soda shop booth. All off-white under the accumulated grime and grunge. The box beside my leg contains a brand new Fan-Tastic, and of course you see the spaces where my carpeting on the ceiling and up the front wall needs replacing... my niece is pushing for a deep red I/O carpet we found @ Lowes.

I've got all the cabinet doors back in now, but still haven't carpeted the ceiling or done anything about the floor. I'm leaning toward laminate for that now. I have an original Safari stove coming, but am still trying to promote an affordable replacement for the 'fridge. I also need to finish installing the large rear and small front tables.
Attached Thumbnails
Froggie's Burro-3.JPG   Froggie's Burro-4.JPG  

Old 07-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Look at that happy smiling face! Thanks for sharing Charlie
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #5

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Fellow Burro-er, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #6

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Nice! I hope you enjoy it!
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Looks good, I love the shiny inside of burros and uhauls. Was this a 'project camper' gone awry that they decided to sell? (hense no doors, fridge, or stove)
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #8

Virginia
Registry
Basically, Life seems to have interfered with the PO's plans. He got it from someone who had also started on it but left a lot unfinished, hence the cabinet doors out, no appliances, etc. etc.. I was fortunate enough to intercept the project at just the right time to suit my own needs and skills, and unless something goes terribly awry I should have it up to at least 90%+ for the Spring season. I have to get the exterior 12 volt light system up and working before I drive it very much, and as mentioned elsewhere, my stove is on the way, so progress is being made, and my little Burro should be usable on a limited basis even for the rest of this camping season. Camping is supposed to be an adventure, isn't it?

Froggie
Old 07-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #9

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Smile Burro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Basically, Life seems to have interfered with the PO's plans. He got it from someone who had also started on it but left a lot unfinished, hence the cabinet doors out, no appliances, etc. etc.. I was fortunate enough to intercept the project at just the right time to suit my own needs and skills, and unless something goes terribly awry I should have it up to at least 90%+ for the Spring season. I have to get the exterior 12 volt light system up and working before I drive it very much, and as mentioned elsewhere, my stove is on the way, so progress is being made, and my little Burro should be usable on a limited basis even for the rest of this camping season. Camping is supposed to be an adventure, isn't it?

Froggie
Hi Froggie...Had to look twice, as I have an 82 Burro which I bought in 89 or 90..I call it Burrito! It's had a new floor, new table but basically as I bought it..Would love to get it reupholestered, but don't like any stuff better than what I have..Will look forward to seeing it in the spring!
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:38 AM   #10

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen L. View Post
Hi Froggie...Had to look twice, as I have an 82 Burro which I bought in 89 or 90..I call it Burrito! It's had a new floor, new table but basically as I bought it..Would love to get it reupholestered, but don't like any stuff better than what I have..Will look forward to seeing it in the spring!
Karen,

I'll need more time with using it before I decide whether I like the all vinyl upholstery... it seems like it may be pretty hot in the Summer, but we'll just have to see how it works out. I don't know how many Naugas had to die to make all that Naugahyde upholstery, but I would hate for their deaths to have been in vain!

I'm still torn between whether I want to use some peel-and-stick squares of linoleum that look like parquet, some actual wood strip laminate, or carpeting on the floor. I may do the carpet as a sort of stop-gap and get everything else done first. All for now, gotta run.

Froggie
Old 07-20-2011, 06:49 AM   #11

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
He's cute! Poor guy
Attached Images

Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #12

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
Wait!!! They aren't killed for their hide!!! They SHED their skin without harm to themselves!!! Phew!!!!
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #13

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Smile Peel & stick flooring

Quote:
Karen,

I'll need more time with using it before I decide whether I like the all vinyl upholstery... it seems like it may be pretty hot in the Summer, but we'll just have to see how it works out. I don't know how many Naugas had to die to make all that Naugahyde upholstery, but I would hate for their deaths to have been in vain!

I'm still torn between whether I want to use some peel-and-stick squares of linoleum that look like parquet, some actual wood strip laminate, or carpeting on the floor. I may do the carpet as a sort of stop-gap and get everything else done first. All for now, gotta run.

Froggie
I bought peel & stick vinyl flooring @ Home Depot...Steve H. put it in for me, said it was really easy & it looks GREAT! Won't tell you anything except that my carpeting was destroyed during the night by my......... porta-potty! At Bandon in the sweltering heat, which cancelled my "open house".. I think the vinyl flooring is the way to go...my dog stays in my trailer w/me, so there's not doggie smell, which there would be w/carpet! Consider the peel & stick seriously! I think it is the perfect way to go! Karen
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #14

Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen L. View Post
I bought peel & stick vinyl flooring @ Home Depot...Steve H. put it in for me, said it was really easy & it looks GREAT! Won't tell you anything except that my carpeting was destroyed during the night by my......... porta-potty! At Bandon in the sweltering heat, which cancelled my "open house".. I think the vinyl flooring is the way to go...my dog stays in my trailer w/me, so there's not doggie smell, which there would be w/carpet! Consider the peel & stick seriously! I think it is the perfect way to go! Karen
Thanks for that encouragement, Karen. I was already sort of leaning toward P&S tiles for the ease of installation and cleanup. The I/O carpet would have to be pulled out and deep cleaned periodically (not a big problem with that camper, but certainly a consideration!) Our local Lowes and Home Depot both have the P&S tiles at pretty attractive prices, so I should be able to do a pretty economical floor treatment that will hold up for several years of hard use too.

Froggie
Old 07-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #15

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Quote:
...am still trying to promote an affordable replacement for the 'fridge...
The way we camp, convenient kitchen storage space is more valuable than an on-board fridge or cooler. In our UHaul CT13 (a near-clone of your Burro), I tossed the ice-box and used the space to build in a very useful utility drawer and kitchen cabinet for storing food, pots 'n pans, etc. An ice chest in the tow vehicle is more than sufficient for keeping our food cool.

The FanTastic Fan is a great investment, BTW!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #16

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack maloney View Post
The way we camp, convenient kitchen storage space is more valuable than an on-board fridge or cooler. In our UHaul CT13 (a near-clone of your Burro), I tossed the ice-box and used the space to build in a very useful utility drawer and kitchen cabinet for storing food, pots 'n pans, etc. An ice chest in the tow vehicle is more than sufficient for keeping our food cool.

The FanTastic Fan is a great investment, BTW!

I copied Jack Maloney on the pantry mod (thanks, Jack!), & it has worked out well. I certainly agree with Jack that storage space is more valuable..
Patty S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro