From Fort McMoney to Florida - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Ok, several long time friends have posted to my Casita Trailer for sale ad that they are glad to see we're still out there camping.

Rest assured, Pam and I were out there camping in fiberglass BEFORE the internet was invented ... and while I can't say we'll be out there camping AFTER the internet ... I know that we'll be out there camping for a long, long time.

Gas prices be darned ... we ran everywhere from Fort McMoney to Florida to Colorado and numerous points in between during 2007.

Alright, Fort McMoney is really Fort McMurray, Alberta ... but I had to see for myself what was driving the Canadian dollar higher than the US dollar. And the Athbasca Tar Sands were absolutely amazing. (For those who don't know about the tar sands ... they've discovered MORE oil in northern Alberta than exists in Saudi Arabia ... no joke ... and they are discovering more on a daily basis.

And we also fell in love with Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park in Lac La Biche. Chester, Ferne was hot when we rolled through there!

We then hit Glacier National Park on the way down to Colorado. No, Mary, we didn't make it to our super secret campground ... but we've found several spots just as nice. Well, maybe not JUST as nice, but still high mountain hide-outs.

For the first time in 38 years of marriage, Pam and I found ourselves by ourselves at Christmas ... so we headed for just north of the Florida Everglades, camped on a river full of alligators and manatees.

So yes, our third Casita is for sale ... but rest assured, we are having way too much fun to not order a fourth rig.

And if it doesn't sell ... so be it. That will make it easier to split up the trailers when Pam and I get divorced. She'll take one and head one way ... I get the other rig and chase after her, begging for forgiveness.
Charles Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I knew you wuz still campin', but it sure is good to hear from you.

Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Charles
I no longer live in Fernie BC. I am now at Grande Cache Alberta.
This area also run on money.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
Yup. Lots of oil in Alberta and they won't share.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Ok, several long time friends have posted to my Casita Trailer for sale ad that they are glad to see we're still out there camping....
Hey that was a serious inquiry!

No, wait, I guess I didn't ask a question... but you answered it anyway.

I (still) like to confuse Ches.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Good to hear from you Charles. Keep on kamping and konsuming Kasitas!!
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #7

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Pete! Glad to see you're up and at 'em also!!!

Mary, seriously, I've missed you too.

Ches ... I remembered you had left Fernie ... that's why I didn't get in touch. We just spent one night in that provincial park outside of town before blowing on down the road. I'm not a skier, so it really didn't do much for me.

>>lots of oil

Ayup, James ... but mark my words ... all my Canadian friends are going to own the world and the world's oil supply. I'm stockpiling Canadian dollars as we speak. Do you realize you can make more than C$100,000 to "start" as a truck driver up in Fort McMurray? It's a real gold rush mentality and I LOVED it ... we're headed back up this summer.

Now, if Pete and I can just figure out how to develop a rat-driven tow vehicle ... we'll never stop traveling.
Charles Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Charles---You weren't to tell every one how much these guys make. My trades people make $5.00/hr retention bonus where iam at. Its crazy around this area.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Now, if Pete and I can just figure out how to develop a rat-driven tow vehicle ... we'll never stop traveling.
Sadly, rats really don't like to run in wheels all that much (reportedly, one has to get them started when they are young; the older ones won't even try it). So if one is seeking critter power one needs something like gerbils or hamsters (ugh, evil little beasts!) or even the hedgehog I once had. Problem with all them is they are nocturnal, so there energy would have to be stored in a battery system, like on a Hybrid.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #10

Hmm, these guys (in the rat family, just with ugly, fuzzy tails) might be trainable, but being in the rat family they are likely smart enough to unionize and drive the costs up.

http://www.maniacworld.com/squirrel-...le-course.html