Front Table Size - LIL Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #1

Name: o
Trailer: not in the market
Ontario
Front Table Size - LIL Bigfoot

Im about to remove my front bench seat at the front of my 93 LIL Bigfoot and install a table dinette for two.

Would anyone who has this setup let me know the table size so I can cut one to correct size.

Thankyou.
greg0066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 13.5 ft 1987
Registry
I depends on how you configure it. It can be a permanent dinette or a convertible single bed & dinette. I chose the convertable option. I took the bench and made a 24 inch gap. The fold up/down table is 22 inches wide (25 deep) with an angled side close to stove so it's easier to slide into.
Attached Thumbnails
bigfoot table1.jpg   bigfoot table2.jpg  

bigfoot table3.jpg  
John DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #3

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
John I also have a 93 "Lil" Bigfoot. I love the front dinette. What have you done with the existing at the back ? One could leave it set up as a bed. Put drawer glides on a removable 3/4" plywood floor and make a long drawer for each side. One could leave the support in place, leave the center opening to slide camp chairs down over the support. Maybe 4 shallow vinyl tote containers. I love the idea. will talk to my wife. My sister lives in Canmore. where are you located ? would like to see yer' rig. could one make the bunk bed usable ? With hinges on dinette table that pull apart at the pins allowing the table to slide to the left, or right ( depending on how they were placed ) and removed no unscrewing of a screw. Make the top bed in two pieces with sliding or pin removable hinges. Top bed could be used or pulled off the wall and set in the tow.or the garage.
I removed the clothes rod from the top of the clothes closet and made it into a pantry. attached 1/2" x 2" plywood to support adjustable shelve brackets on the walls Put a wood floor over the space above the wheel well. I made 3 shelves with a 3/4" x 1 1/2" front edge. (To keep heavy items on the shelf.) The door will not stay shut when on the road; shifting cans or heavy objects like pots and pans on the floor will open it I found a 3/16th " by 1/2" +- vinyl strap having a push snap on one end ( like those on jeans ) and nothing on the other end. I screwed the male end to the top of the door corner, slid the raw end under the trim at the top of the door. one must pull it taught to reach the snaps together. I bought it at the trailer sales accessories store.Pantry holds pots pans at the bottom.light items at the top. I put a 2" spacer over the axle, to to help fix sagging axle rubber. can show how if needed. can't buy a new axle,very strange construction. stepping up into the opening takes a bit to get used to. the wheels don't rub in the wheel wells, wheel covers can be put over the top of the wheel. Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:41 AM   #4

Registry
Thanks for the ideas and comments Kenny. I left the back area as convertible bed/table for now but rarely use it as a table. I permanently removed the front upper bunk but saved the parts so it could be added. I also converted the closet into a pantry but am still playing with the shelf configuration and locking mechanism.
I love the small trailer but like to carry lots of gear so it's always a challenge to find space saving and storage ideas.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #5

Name: o
Trailer: not in the market
Ontario
Thanks for all your input here, I have some ideas now.

I permanently removed the front upper bunk but saved it as well.

Im hoping to replace the window seals on the slider windows and the large

windows seals on each end.

Any input where I can purchase these.

Thanks
greg0066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #6

Registry
Sorry, I don't know how to source the window seals. I don't have any window leaks yet but if I did, I would check with my local RV shop (Edmonton RV), or plan a road trip to Summerland BC, to see the original window manufacturer, Sun-View Industries (https://www.sunviewindustries.ca/). Check for a logo on your windows to see if they made yours.

Tags
bigfoot