Fuel prices - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #21

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
I keep forgetting to check. It is about time for me to fill up. I'm guessing our prices are similar to what Jon is seeing.

If prices did drop into the below $2 range, that would be a great time for the ranchers around here with large, elevated fuel storage tanks to fill up while it's cheap! Assuming they aren't already full.

When I worked in a remote area a few summers ago we had one of those tanks, and it was really nice. And sort of necessary, since the nearest gas was just over an hour away, including 30 miles of dirt road. But it was nice to just pull up to the shop in the back yard and fill up the tank.
I drove the bulk fuel delivery truck in the early 1970's for the local farmer's cooperative (18 years old, no CDL required for it back then). Farm delivery of diesel was dirt cheap because there was no road tax charged at delivery: #2 diesel (engines; still green back then, not pink like off-highway diesel is now) was $0.13/gallon, #1 diesel (home heating fuel; clear) was $0.11/gallon. Both prices held pretty steady. I recall gasoline delivered in bulk was in the $0.30/g to $0.35/g range including road-use taxes, and then ranchers/farmers had to file for reimbursement of the road taxes for their amount of on-farm usage.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #22

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
It really doesn’t matter if gas drops to 50 cents / gallon cause we aren’t going anyplace in the near future . As we come out of this pandemic and the economy picks up , fuel prices will rise accordingly
In a strange way the return to $2.50 / gallon may signal that life is returning to normal and looked upon as a blessing
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #23

Name: Hal
Trailer: looking
New Mexico
$1.25 yesterday but diesel is still is still being stubborn @ $1.92.
Just hope the little guys here can hold on till it rebounds. I don't think they can survive on much under $40 a barrel.
HalStClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:10 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Alberta oil sands crude was selling for under $4 a barrel yesterday. Costs more than that to ship it, but you can't store it and if you shut down, it costs a fortune to restart.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #25

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
In a strange way the return to $2.50 / gallon may signal that life is returning to normal and looked upon as a blessing
Or put another way, the dirt cheap fuel prices are the result of a collapsing economy (and to a lesser extent, the Saudi price war). Like I said before... not good news at all.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #26

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
... In a strange way the return to $2.50 / gallon may signal that life is returning to normal and looked upon as a blessing
Also, in a strange way, children running, screaming and laughing in airports is a bellwether sign. When parents fear what's going on in the world, they don't fly with their kids. For those who don't know, the Atlanta airport is a major hub for families flying to Walt Disney World in Florida. I had to fly out of Atlanta two weeks after 9/11 for my grandmother's funeral, and the place was eerily dead quiet. Not a child anywhere. I learned to like the sound of kids carrying on at airports after that. Means everything is okay.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #27

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
The Russians are trying to bankrupt our fracking business.
Well that's the first good thing I've heard about Russia in awhile
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:34 AM   #28

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
The Russians are trying to bankrupt our fracking business.
Conspiracy theroys abound. You must watch Fox Noise.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:59 AM   #29

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
In eastern Iowa, Buck fifty five for 87 octane regular unleaded with 10% ethanol. Gasoline sales are down 20% in Iowa and some ethanol plants are about ready to close. Prices on Corn, beans, pork, cattle all soft and getting softer.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:05 AM   #30

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
In eastern Iowa, Buck fifty five for 87 octane regular unleaded with 10% ethanol. Gasoline sales are down 20% in Iowa and some ethanol plants are about ready to close. Prices on Corn, beans, pork, cattle all soft and getting softer.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Right now I'm getting 4 weeks to the gallon. Doesn't matter what the price is!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:53 AM   #31

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Iowa Dave... Right now I'm getting 4 weeks to the gallon. Doesn't matter what the price is!!!

Love it ( 4 weeks to the gallon)
My son just purchased a new vehicle... he is concerned the factory warranty will expire before the first oil change
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #32

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Just topped off my truck. Paid $2.90/gal for 87 octane regular. Of course, our state enjoys sucking the money out of your wallet as fast as it can, and in any way it can. We enjoy the "luxury" of paying one of the very highest gas taxes in the country. And it all disappears into the General Fund "black hole" never to be seen again, at least as far as fixing the roads that it's supposed to be funding. They do a right fine job of pissing it away on other much more important things, like illegal drug "shoot-up rooms" and equally inane projects.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:12 AM   #33

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
There is something going on between the Saudis and Russians that is more likely than COVID-19 to be the cause of lower prices. Two deplorable countries yet we love them....
That was true in regards to the drops taking place a month ago. But with most of the worlds cars parked for weeks and a large percentage of manufacturing shut down around the world that tends to have a very big impact on the supply and demand economy.

When there is a large supply of a product and a drop in the need for it, the price of the product drops fast!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #34

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
It’s looking like I will burn more mower gas than car gas this summer. And more home grill propane than camper propane. After about 80 nights out last year we are sure getting off to a slow start. But I’ve got a heck of a pile of firewood here, a great fire ring. And plenty to drink when I put on Bing Crosby doing “in the Cool Cool Cool of the Evening.” Ever the optimist I am
Iowa Dave

Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote