Full time in your Scamp? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2022, 03:59 PM   #21

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
The latest ARRL and ARES Anderson recomendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
Andersons come in MANY sizes. The small ones can be installed in different ways and people and companies do. Two loads or sources can be connected together, They are not water proof. Mostly, for me this is ham radio,standard number FIVE. I am forced to change every time ARRL gets a new advertiser.
The current ham radio plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Powerpole_Orientation.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:24 PM   #22

Name: zack
Trailer: scamp 13
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell in Al View Post
By chance why don't you like Anderson connectors? Have you had a problem with them or something? I've used them for over 20 years on my Jeeps for winch connection, jumper cables and now for "house" power in my new Jeep. I'm not trying to fling poo just trying to see if there is any better connectors or detractors from them.

Zach sc
Not a bad way to support the house lead acid (L.A.) battery. IMHO
LiPo batteries vs L.A. can be a harder for some of us to get use to using. In a twisted way I've been learning and using LiPo 12 v system for over a year. I would have probably got a Jackery and could have been a done deal for multiple uses but kinda built my own system in my Jeep.
Thanks. The Jackery is kinda overpriced I guess. Pretty nice inverter though and it's quiet. I bet your system is good.
zack sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 12:55 AM   #23

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
Full timing in Scamp

Well not so much "grid" power but I've got 1 acre of land, with water, power and septic system. Then all my other stuff Jeeps, boats, 4wheeler. I've got solar system on my new Jeep (JT) it's got 180 w of solar panels and house (LiPo) batteries, with Renogy charging controller. I don't have a Jackery or other battery bank, I would like to replace the lead acid battery with LiPo battery.
My Scamp is due some renovations and repair. I need to do the window seals, fridge and replace screens on screen door, and few windows.
A few weeks back I ordered a new tankless water heater for my Scamp to replace the original one, I had to replace the water tank a few years back. After 10 years of constant use it corroded out.
It's looking like I need to downsize some of my stuff and then I might be traveling some depending on what happens but probably not much travel with current fuel cost. I was looking in to starting to travel until last week's fuel cost changes.
My "take" on Anderson connectors I have been using two sizes small and large different uses winch and jumper cables and then solar/ regular 12v system.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp