Full timers warning - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #41

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
....If everyone would treat calls like this the robo and scam calls would stop.
True, but it will never happen because callers count on people being polite. With robocallers, spammers, and scammers your good manners work against you.

The cost of robocalling, spam emails, and spam texts is the cost of the electricity once the computer and software is paid for, and if they sent 10,000 spam messages and only get one decent sucker it could easily be profitable.

Another noxious thing they do is fake the originating call number that you see on your caller ID. It's called neighbor spoofing. Look how may spam calls you get that have the same area code and the first three digits of your phone number. the last four numbers are random, and may or may not be a real number. Ever get an angry call from someone who asks: "Why did you call me?" even though you never made the call. I have.

Harold
Old 09-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #42

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
[QUOTE=thrifty bill;755174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Not all of us have caller ID on our home phones. /QUOTE]

Whats a home phone?

Yeah? I told our grandson it was once illegal to own a telephone, and he about fainted. How did we LIVE?

Now that I think about it, how did we live? The phone cops were everywhere!

"K"
Old 09-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #43

Name: David
Trailer: Looking
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The IRS doesn't call anyone. All initial contact is done by mail. Information is done F-2-F in THEIR office. Smells like a scammer to me.

I wasn't going to respond to this but... I just had a meeting about Part D medicare and the rep said she has clients who HAVE gotten call from BOTH the IRS and SS, so no longer can you just "assume" a call from either is a scam... It might ACTUALLY be a real call.

All that being said, this MAY have something to do with the "real I.D." thingy that's going into effect. You cannot live at a business and get mail there and not expect to raise a few eyebrows.

I am still in contact with the owner of the park I use to go to, he's selling, the new owners are doing away with long term COMPLETELY. The longest they will allow ANYBODY to stay after Jan 1st is 30 days.

So, yeah, SOMETHING is going on... Part of the "real I.D." is going to be a "real address"... ESPECIALLY if you are getting any kind of government assistance.

I have a feelling Jan 1st will involve a LOT of scrambling around trying to get stuff figured out...
Old 09-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #44

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
WAY too much political talk going on here. I will ask members to please refrain or we will be forced take action. The focus of this site is to discuss our trailers and camping with them, and things related to this, and to do so in a pleasant and friendly manner.

This thread will be closed.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread