Fun with Cleaning! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
I spent all day cleaning my Casita. Washed it from end to end and top to bottom. Went inside and scrubbed, vacuumed, washed the linens and dried them on the line in the sunshine (they smell so fresh that way!), cleaned out the fridge and freezer, restocked the closet, cleaned the shower stall, removed some slight stains from the carpet, and generally had a blast working on our toy!

For people who are not retired, we use our Casita quite a lot. At least once per month since we bought it, sometimes more often. When we tent camped, we went about three times a year (not counting my backpacking trips). Now we camp every month. Yes, Winter, too.

The only drawback is that I don't do quite so much backpacking. What I've begun to do is camp in National Forests and state parks and use the Casita as a base camp while I day hike. I'm seeing just as much of the mountains and such, and sleeping in far more comfort. My backpacking trips are down to one a year, now.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
I spent all day cleaning my Casita. Washed it from end to end and top to bottom. Went inside and scrubbed, vacuumed, washed the linens and dried them on the line in the sunshine (they smell so fresh that way!), cleaned out the fridge and freezer, restocked the closet, cleaned the shower stall, removed some slight stains from the carpet, and generally had a blast working on our toy!
I am exhausted! Did I do all that today? Oh, no, I did not. I read "important documents" while sipping a gin and tonic and "supervising" the BBQ....

Shoot!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Quote:
CharlynnT Posted Today, 06:58 PM
I read "important documents" while sipping a gin and tonic and "supervising" the BBQ....
Gee....I don't feel any smarter, I am still hungry, and very, very parched.....maybe I better get another gin and tonic......
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Question

Quote:
WOW! I can spend all day just washing the outside. Waxing requires a 2nd day!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:50 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Fun Cleaning is an Oxymoron.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:49 AM   #6

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
The only drawback is that I don't do quite so much backpacking. What I've begun to do is camp in National Forests and state parks and use the Casita as a base camp while I day hike. I'm seeing just as much of the mountains and such, and sleeping in far more comfort. My backpacking trips are down to one a year, now.
That's a use I have thought about, but haven't done it much. Our diesel Jimmy gets as high as 24 - 25 MPG solo and drops only to 18 - 19 towing the Scamp. So the extra fuel cost is just slightly significant, and can easily be offset by eating a meal or two 'home prepared'.

When my parents were still alive they were avid potters. One of the pottery supply outfits in the Seattle area had a fenced parking lot that was locked slightly after 9 pm, then opened about 8 in the morning. They were very happy to let my folks over-night there and also leave their Scamp in the parking lot while they toured the city during the day. It would have been a win-win customer relations sort of thing.

This doesn't have much to do with cleaning, except not cleaning out their pocketbook.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:55 AM   #7

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
WOW! I can spend all day just washing the outside. Waxing requires a 2nd day!
I haven't waxed the Casita yet. I'll do that next month.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #8

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
MY little Scamp is finally going to be able to be put in MY driveway tonight! Our driveway is finally all dried up!!!

I have a 20 year old son still living at home- and HE owes me about 500.00 right now- so............ I says to him," Son- I just had a great idea- you are going to work off part of that debt for me, by refurbishing the exterior of my little Egg! Won't that be nice?"

He admitted that it sounded better to him to do work than come up with the money right now! Yippeee!!!

Hey, from other threads on this forum, I learned and read all about VertGlas for fiberglass. It SOUNDS super! Since someone here has used it and liked it, I'm ordering some for myself. It sounds like after WIPE on enough coats of the sealant- NO BUFFING mind you, with this stuff.... that all you have to do is keep it washed and re-apply the sealant when it seems necessary.

I guess this is one time it's handy for son to owe me $$$$. I went to a local boat repair and service place and got a price to do a "13" ft boat. They said it would be about 300.00! So I figure if I pay sonny boy 150, I'm getting a good deal.
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote