Funny moments & adventures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2022, 11:44 AM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Funny moments & adventures

Backing up in a campground, I could not hear my wife. I yelled back, "I can't hear you!" She was using hand signals which is always opposite to what was needed.
I still could not hear her. I finally got it parked & I asked her why I couldn't hear her?
She replied, "I did not want to sound like a fish wife." I busted out laughing.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 04:50 PM   #2

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Ha! Along with being "common," "fish wife" was the worst insult I ever heard my mother use.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:50 AM   #3

Virginia
We had a 5-hour trip to our campground. We pulled off the interstate to get something to eat. We noticed a large fresh mud spill on the road as we approached the green turn light. Driving through the spill, we realized someone had dumped their black tank. The smell was awful. We pulled into a parking lot & found our truck & camper were coated in toilet paper and crap. The smell was so bad we parked far away from the burger joint. Folks were seated outside in front of the burger joint. We went inside, and the wind must have changed direction because folks started running inside and for their cars.
We left & looked for a car wash but had no luck. My wife was too embarrassed to go to a car wash.
So we hit the interstate. We were doing 60 mph. Cars would come up beside us & back off. No one would pass us. We had a long line of cars & trucks behind us. This must be how Troopers feel when nobody passes them.
We were one hour away from the campground & we called ahead & explained our problem & asked if we could go straight to the dump station to wash our camper & truck.
When we arrived & slowed down, the smell went past us & attacked the guard shed. He was gagging & frantically waved us to go straight to the dump.
We worked on the mess for two hours. We used every chemical in the truck & camper to get rid of the stink. We parked in our space & went into the camper. After a while, I took the dog for a walk & because of the wind, there was no stink at the camper. But the stink was awful once I got on the other side of my truck! It had soaked into my tires & paint.
It was so strong & wide folks downwind could not pinpoint the cause of the stink. I walked the dog & several folks asked if I knew where it was coming from. "Must be a busted pipe somewhere."
We talked about leaving before the mob with torches showed up, but since it was getting dark, we decided to leave in the morning.
When we got home, I used a pressure washer & lots of chemicals, which did help a little. It took about 20 washes & a month before the truck fully recovered.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:11 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
If there's an outhouse in hell, they earned a spot just downwind!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 11:26 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
My wife use to give hand signals with her hand open so I couldn't tell which way she was pointing .
johnlochbuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 12:10 PM   #6

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlochbuie View Post
My wife use to give hand signals with her hand open so I couldn't tell which way she was pointing .
HAHAHA
Old 09-17-2022, 08:23 PM   #7

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
20 years of camping together and I still have to remind my spouse that standing back by the rear of the camper where I can neither see or hear her is of little value. As opposed to standing off to the blind side or slightly in front where she can watch what I can't see and most importantly she can tell me about the picnic table or fire ring or electric box that is invisible to me.

Always confuses me. I used to place large form dies on presses as a fork lift operator often without being able to see the die. Set up person would direct the entire operation with hand signals. Generally allowing us to set the die so that it aligned within an inch or two of final location if not closer. Not being able to get guidance to put a camper in a spot within 5 feet of the intended location seems surreal to me. Like a Twilight Zone episode or something.

It is worth noting I have seen worse, like tree to the roof worse as spotter watched the fire ring clearance and camper alignment like a hawk so I figure we just need to work on our teamwork a bit more with more camping and we will one day take it to that semi-pro back up team I know we can be!

Another way of saying with luck and another decade I expect we will have this all worked out to a routine... or not. :-)
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:42 AM   #8

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
20 years of camping together and I still have to remind my spouse that standing back by the rear of the camper where I can neither see or hear her is of little value. As opposed to standing off to the blind side or slightly in front where she can watch what I can't see and most importantly she can tell me about the picnic table or fire ring or electric box that is invisible to me.

Always confuses me. I used to place large form dies on presses as a fork lift operator often without being able to see the die. Set up person would direct the entire operation with hand signals. Generally allowing us to set the die so that it aligned within an inch or two of final location if not closer. Not being able to get guidance to put a camper in a spot within 5 feet of the intended location seems surreal to me. Like a Twilight Zone episode or something.
It is worth noting I have seen worse, like tree to the roof worse as spotter watched the fire ring clearance and camper alignment like a hawk so I figure we just need to work on our teamwork a bit more with more camping and we will one day take it to that semi-pro back up team I know we can be!

Another way of saying with luck and another decade I expect we will have this all worked out to a routine... or not. :-)
HAHA reminds me of the wife & I trying to move a couch through a door. It can't be done in a timely matter. Not without some feelings getting hurt.

The life saver for us is the cell phone.
Old 09-25-2022, 03:12 PM   #9

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Casita
Washington
When one of us is the 'monback', we always make eye contact in either the mirror or sticking one's head out the window and being eye to eye. We take it slow and aren't afraid to say STOP in order to go to the back of the camper to make sure things are clear before resumption.
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote