Furnace follow - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Took Toad in Tuesday afternoon and just got her back Friday afternoon.

It was a real conondrum for the service centre. Turns out they were dealing with two intermittent problems ( one at a time is enough ). There was a crack in a switch causing a short and a problem with the fan that only ocurred at speed and disappeared when it was shut down.

I asked if these were a result of installation or manufacture and was told that both were the fault of the manufacturer.

I'm looking forward to some chilly October nights.

baglo

And, you know you're getting anal when you get upset about bug stains and nicks in your rock shield...
Old 08-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Took Toad in Tuesday afternoon and just got her back Friday afternoon.

It was a real conondrum for the service centre. Turns out they were dealing with two intermittent problems ( one at a time is enough ). There was a crack in a switch causing a short and a problem with the fan that only ocurred at speed and disappeared when it was shut down.

I asked if these were a result of installation or manufacture and was told that both were the fault of the manufacturer.

I'm looking forward to some chilly October nights.

baglo

And, you know you're getting anal when you get upset about bug stains and nicks in your rock shield...
Is it fixed or not?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Is it fixed or not?

Didn't make that clear did I? I don't know. I assume it is, since I brought Toad home and they've replaced the parts they found to be the problem. But, I haven't actually tried it. Probably should do that. It's supposed to be cold and wet Sunday. Might have to give it a go in the driveway.

baglo
Old 08-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan A
Quote:
Didn't make that clear did I? I don't know. I assume it is, since I brought Toad home and they've replaced the parts they found to be the problem. But, I haven't actually tried it. Probably should do that. It's supposed to be cold and wet Sunday. Might have to give it a go in the driveway.

baglo

Hi Glenn,

Where did you take it? I'm having a slight furnace issue as well - and I'm more-or-less located in North Vancouver.

Cheers,
Dirk
Dirk Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi Glenn,

Where did you take it? I'm having a slight furnace issue as well - and I'm more-or-less located in North Vancouver.

Cheers,
Dirk
North Shore RV Centre. It's just below Marine Drive, a half-block west of Lloyd on 15th St. Store front is nothing to brag about, but they have room for several RVs inside ( access from the alley ). I let them back it in for me.

I ran the furnace for an hour the other day and it seems fine.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan A
Quote:
North Shore RV Centre. It's just below Marine Drive, a half-block west of Lloyd on 15th St. Store front is nothing to brag about, but they have room for several RVs inside ( access from the alley ). I let them back it in for me.

I ran the furnace for an hour the other day and it seems fine.

Great - thanks Glenn.
Dirk Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace