general chat - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #1

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
general chat

we were at bennet springs this week we had a thunderstorm come through I was watching the couple next to us put up a tent. He had a nice looking blonde with him I saw her cook so I assumbed she was his wife.

we get up the next morning they are gone I told my wife they left and left their tarp. So I sidle over to take a look it wasn't their tarp it was their whole tent laying down there including the tent poles!

that was the dangest thing I have witnessed for a long time! maybe I scared them off!!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
we were at bennet springs this week we had a thunderstorm come through I was watching the couple next to us put up a tent. He had a nice looking blonde with him I saw her cook so I assumbed she was his wife.

we get up the next morning they are gone I told my wife they left and left their tarp. So I sidle over to take a look it wasn't their tarp it was their whole tent laying down there including the tent poles!

that was the dangest thing I have witnessed for a long time! maybe I scared them off!!

bob
Sometimes people just give up on this idea of camping. I watched a couple guys trying to put up a tend at Rio Grand Village Campground in Big Bend NP, TX with 50+mph winds. They did take the shreds of the tent with them when they left. They just were not going to give up until the tent tore to shreds.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Hey Bob next time pull your shades.. I am surprised looking at the "NICE LOOKING BLONDE" you even noticed the "TENT".
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post

bob
Occasionally, I try to come up with something clever to tweak the sensibilities of my friends to my left. It would have taken me an hour to come up with something as good as that first paragraph... THANX!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Saw this many-a-time while hosting at the National Forest Where people would come for a weekend and then leave tent / sleeping bags and habachi's, especially if it's raining.
Out-fitted all my grand kids with camping gear.
This gear was not high quality or expensive and I think camping for them was a spur of the moment thing and who knows they may live in apartments in a city with no room to store it when done.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote