Gettin Our New Rig - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 13 ft Scamp / 2006 Jeep Liberty Renagade V6
Well it's just about time for us to pick up our lil egg ! Eight more days we'll be heading to Minnesota to get the Scamp.been very busy getting ready. Ted & I plan to do some camping on the way back home. Any good camp sites between Missouri and Minnesota ? Let me know. Also I've been working on a web site where all our photo are going. It's under construction as of right now, but you can go an look the addy is www.geocities.com/veeflo/scampage1. Another question? How do you store your eggs in the winter ? Outside covered up , in a garage ? ? I work in a underground facility (yes a cave ) and they do have a storage place to put our lil egg inside. I think its a good idea vs. leaving it out in the elements. Well hope to see ya on the road soon . Vera
ted saxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
How do you store your eggs in the winter ?
We leave our trailer outside all the time. I'm not to worried about the elements (rain/hail/snow/ice), the only thing that I can see doing any damage is the sun. UV rays will ventually damage the rubber tires, dull the finish on the gel coat or paint, the plastic parts and everything else. For me, sitting in the shade would be best.

I actually like that our trailer sits out in the rain and snow, I find out when I'm at home if I have a leak or some other problem, rather than when I am camping hundreds of kilometers from home and can't fix it.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
I'd opt for inside storage if available. My Casita was stored outside at my house before I moved out here to the plains. I built a large insulated shop building that holds lots of stuff, including the Casita. I like having it inside and out of the weather, which can get pretty intense out here. (Also, but hardly critical, nobody knows when I'm gone!)
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Ted,
I saw a little city park campground right in Backus. Behind gas stations in town along the lake area. There's another one just south of town too.
If you want to hang around a day or two.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 13 ft Scamp / 2006 Jeep Liberty Renagade V6
Thanks Pete ! We,ll be leaveing at midnight and since we will be driving most the morning to get there we'll want to sleep some time . I think we will probably check out the indoor storage. Well see ya ! Ted & Vera
ted saxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #6

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Ted,
I'm such a dolt!
The campgrounds were in Pine River the next town south of Backus.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote