Getting ready for the trailer... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2007, 12:22 PM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I need to have the garage ready to park the trailer when I leave in May so since this is my spring break (and it isn't in the 90s yet) I'm cleaning the garage. First step is to put up two or three new storage shelves. I found some nice heavy duty "gorilla" shelves at OSH (Orchard supply Hardware) that are 4x2 feet and six feet high, five shelves. Assembly proved to be pretty easy (rubber mallet.) I've got one up and I'm going to go do the other and may be take a "Before" picture as the mess is unbelievable. I'm going to put some hooks up to hang some other things, too. Hopefully I will end up with room for the Forester, the trailer and all the miscellaneous stuff.

I offered to give away some old carpet on Freecycle and said, "No phone numbers, earliest pickup with polite inquiry gets it." What do I get? Rude inquiries, phone numbers, and people who don't say when they can pick it up!

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #2

Registry
I got the garage clean, mostly. I still have to get rid of some stuff and move some other stuff upstairs to the house. But it looks a lot better!

Before:

Name:   b42.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  51.9 KB

After:

Name:   after1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  47.8 KB

That's two sides of the same two-car garage. The trailer will probably go on the left so the stuff remaining there will need to move; some of it I'm getting rid of. Depth of the garage is fine; I used to keep my 15 foot sailboat on the right side (which is about 3 feet shorter.) On the left side there will be room to get into it through the rear-opening door.

Bobbie
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Just don't put that "remaining stuff" inside the trailer!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #4

Registry
A lot of it is dog show stuff- I would get home from an agility trial and unload the car so I could go to work the next day, no time to clean anything up, and before now, nowhere to put it. $51 of it was cans that I took to recycling and there are still a couple of bags of cans and plastic bottles to go.

Unfortunately I didn't unearth many treasures. I did find my missing hat- hooray! And also an aquarium heater I could have used last week for a hatchling turtle but don't need now that it is warm again. And I found the "two-fer" (two -dog coupler) that I like to use to walk dogs.

Bobbie