Giggles, twinklely eyes and happy smiles - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2015, 06:10 AM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Giggles, twinklely eyes and happy smiles

Someone but no one, possibly anyone.

We are in contact with a number of people considering extended travels. The thought of giving up the known in whole or in part can be daunting.

We did choose a life of extended travel now 15 years ago but recognize it's not for everyone. It takes a willingness to change, to recognize the potential benefits, and to incorporate them into a new way of living.

Recently we met a couple who did that. The wife was delighted with their new adventure, it was all over her face, there were smiles and giggles of youthful discovery, so plainly visible it infused us.

In some way it's about discovering the adult kid still in each of us. The kid that's adult smart but still playful, still wondering, still seeking and wanting to share the joys available to those that cast aside a little of the reasons why 'it' can't be. Yes seeking the possibilities and not denying them.

No not for everyone but there for anyone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fiberglass RV mobile app

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Things

One has to change their attitude toward 'things.' Things engender a strange relationship with us.

On one hand, it is nice to have things like computers, RVs, and cars to tow them with.

On the other hand, things do have a tendency to own us, meaning that we can spend a lot of our life servicing. (serving?) them.

My Dad always said, "Everything in moderation." Good advice for a lot of things in life.

Happy Holidays.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
One has to change their attitude toward 'things.' Things engender a strange relationship with us.

On one hand, it is nice to have things like computers, RVs, and cars to tow them with.

On the other hand, things do have a tendency to own us, meaning that we can spend a lot of our life servicing. (serving?) them.

My Dad always said, "Everything in moderation." Good advice for a lot of things in life.

Happy Holidays.
: yes THings were learning to down size as we are going to be moving to an apartment and I like some of those FG trailers but need on about 20' and low so we can put in UG parking lot to keep it nice and dry in this wet climate we live in.
Hard to get rid of stuff u used extensively over the years and now after collecting it all u have to find someone to take it away for a small price of course
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #4

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
There are so many people on the Escapees forum who became fulltimers and love their time on the road. They were so happy about going fulltime and do not regret any of their travels or the change in their way of living. They think they made a great choice. That life seems to suit quite a few people.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #5

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
I can't wait to full time it!! Yes, getting rid of "stuff" is hard, but we are going to put our most precious treasures into storage until such time as we are tired of travelling and want to settle somewhere. Don't know how long it will take, but we will enjoy every moment until then. :-D
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
I can't wait to full time it!! Yes, getting rid of "stuff" is hard, but we are going to put our most precious treasures into storage until such time as we are tired of travelling and want to settle somewhere. Don't know how long it will take, but we will enjoy every moment until then. :-D
You are using your Boler or getting something else? Are you going on the road any time soon?
Old 11-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #7

Manitoba
We will be using our "new to us" 17' Boler, and should be on the road by spring
Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #8

Good luck with it and hope you tell us how it is going!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:54 PM   #9

Manitoba
:-D
Old 11-22-2015, 02:42 AM   #10

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
I'm not in the mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
:-D
: as I'm doing a cancer face burn and right now I'm in hell as the pain is almost unbelievable. It is time to try and sleep and maybe tomorrow will be a better day. It is not a fun thing to be a red head in your early days, I feel sorry for all those red heads out there they just do not know they have a 50% chance of Skin Cancer.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote