GIRler, like a BOler except... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
GIRler, like a BOler except...

GIRler, like a BOler except...

As imagined by a female human, circa 1959.

1. Lost in Space, Season One, they were basically camping. So in Episode 2 or three, the wife/mother/astronaut is having a conversation with Daughter 1 and while they talk she puts a laundry basket's contents into a long low white shiny thing outside. At the other end, at the end of the conversation, she opens a hatch to retrieve the folded and pressed with pins and any buttons re-attached, in a cellophane package, her individual laundry items.

I want one of those.

2. My 1977 17' Boler has a lav, that is a Beautiful Thing, don't leave home without it. I mean, we boon-dook, we dry-camp, we take everything in and out.

2. Ray O., who designed the Original Boler, was picturing his wife and two kids and a small car. I love his original design (the smaller size, all fg inside and out) then the very next thing he did was add insulation.

3. I would have a taller window over kitchen sink, to better view the creek, river, lake or ocean we are currently camped beside. Not just for me: but for everyone who stands at the sink with warm fragrant water on their hands and who gazes out from time to time.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Ray probably never envisioned doing dishes, so never thought of putting a window there.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I'm just imagining an egg trailer made of some clear material (polycarbonate maybe?) so the entire top is like a bubble. And when a dimmer switch is dialed up the clear material can become dark, a little at first and then a lot, till at the end it's smoky dark and can't be seen through (for privacy). Wouldn't it be great to have a panoramic view of the outdoors without having to step out?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Thank you, Lizbeth and Mike. I think the designer had pictured doing dishes, because a sink and a window is there. Maybe his wife had input: "And where am I supposed to change into my swim suit?" so maybe sit on the lower bunk for that. Modesty windows?
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler