going to oregon need some spots to camp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Smile going to oregon need some spots to camp

hi everyone i need some camping spots along the i5 we what to go to grants pass we are from vancouver bc we are leaving july 3rd or 4th
we would like to stop close to portland and another stop springfeild and then grants pass any help would be great if you have any favorites along the i5 would be great thanks everyone
nick piccott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Just click on the Oregon town and you'll get several RV Parks to choose from:
RV Park Reviews :: Oregon
Steve & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
I stayed in Columbia river RV park inside Portland, it was OK for an overnighter and the location inside the city makes it convient. Not too many choices inside a big city like that. Valley of the Rogue state park is really nice, full hookups, near Grants Pass.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's a recent thread for you, lots of good suggestions: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...5-a-46855.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sowers View Post
Just click on the Oregon town and you'll get several RV Parks to choose from:
RV Park Reviews :: Oregon
great site thank you
nick piccott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Grants Pass

Here is our favorite place in Grant's Pass:

Rogue Valley Overniters :: Home Page

There is a good restaurant next door, the spots are all pull through and level. They have a nice recreation center. I do see that the rates have increased, of course this may be summer rates. We have always stayed here in the winter.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick piccott View Post
hi everyone i need some camping spots along the i5 we what to go to grants pass we are from vancouver bc we are leaving july 3rd or 4th
we would like to stop close to portland and another stop springfeild and then grants pass any help would be great if you have any favorites along the i5 would be great thanks everyone
I just got back from Oregon.

I spend some time at the Silver Spurs RV Park just outside of Silverton. http://www.SilverSpurRVPark.com
It is about 20 minutes from the I-5, but it is within one hour of Portland if you want to go for a day trip. The facilities are very nice, and I found it to be a great jumping off point for South Portland and Gervais and Albany (to the South). BTW, I joined Parks of America which brought the rate down to $17 per night.

You might want to consider Sauvie Island: http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...e_Island).html There are 2 RV Parks there. Everyone seems to like Reeder park.

Many have suggested Waterloo http://www.co.linn.or.us/parks/parks/waterloo.html, which is an hour north of Eugene. It is a partial hookup and more park-like than Silver Spur.

Also, consider Myrtle Creek:http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...tle_Creek.html

I have participated in hunt tests in the Glide, OR area. Lots of wine tasting out of Roseberg.

With respect to Grants Pass. There is a park on the Rogue River. We do pit stops there, but see lots of trailers.

It will be hot in Southern Oregon, particularly in the Grants Pass area.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #8

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick piccott View Post
If you want RV Parks, then the suggestions are probably good. If want to spend a bit less look at Linn County Parks, Oregon State Parks, and a little farther off I-5 Willamette National Forest and Benton County Parks.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #9

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Jane when you said "BTW, I joined Parks of America which brought the rate down to $17 per night." were you referring to Passport America?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #10

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Jane when you said "BTW, I joined Parks of America which brought the rate down to $17 per night." were you referring to Passport America?
Yes, thanks. If I do not check on my "wording" mistakes are sure to be made.