good day so far - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2017, 11:48 AM   #1

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
good day so far

hello all your fiberglass nuts I am having a great day my back is not killing me for a change and I haven't got sent to the woodshed yet. Life is truly good I think we are going trouting next week for 3 days with the Scamp 13f the end of the season is oct 31 then nothing more until march God I hope I make it!!

good afternoon to all and blessings on all of you good people here!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Have fun fishing!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #3

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
"Worst day of fishing is still better than best day of work"
EricAllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:42 AM   #4

Missouri
trouting

This is our first year for touting first time drove 250m didn't catch anything. I don't think I have ever met more friendly helpful people than trouters! They go out of their way to help newbies such as what hooks, baits and all that stuff.

Sometimes human kindness is past believing!!

bob
Old 10-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #5

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
This is our first year for touting first time drove 250m didn't catch anything. I don't think I have ever met more friendly helpful people than trouters! They go out of their way to help newbies such as what hooks, baits and all that stuff.

Sometimes human kindness is past believing!!

bob
That's wonderful. What's the best tip you got from them?
cherylbredin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #6
GOB

Name: Michael
Trailer: Scamp 19
Missouri
Where do you fish? We go to Roaring River.
GOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
MO.

I have a friend from IL that had great luck fly fishing in Bennet Springs, MO. near Lebanon. To hear him talk; he often caught his limit. He lives in FL now, but still dreams of fishing there.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #8

Missouri
Bennett springs let us know when you might go I can shoot you a bit of info I know! I like Bennett much better!

bob
Old 10-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #9

Missouri
trouting

we use about anything we are pole setters last time we nailed big ones on red hots!! A guy limited out in 45 ms.

bob
Old 10-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #10

Missouri
ok to explain my back surgeries 2x rod in rods taken out fusing more fusing. I consider some small way God has watched over me. I am not on month 2 of the latest surgery. Take my word for it very painful lots of percoset, then lots of drug problems it is very wearing on you!!

bob
Old 10-05-2017, 07:37 PM   #11
GOB

Name: Michael
Trailer: Scamp 19
Missouri
Never fished Bennett Springs. RR is close for us, sometimes we camp, other times I take the bike and run down. I have limited in 10 min. Usually I'll keep 3 and catch & release the rest of the day. (37 is my personal best for C&R).
GOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOB View Post
Never fished Bennett Springs. RR is close for us, sometimes we camp, other times I take the bike and run down. I have limited in 10 min. Usually I'll keep 3 and catch & release the rest of the day. (37 is my personal best for C&R).
My buddy and I were fishing a lake like that; a fish on every cast. We've been avid C&R fly fishers for 20 years, but we went back to the trailers, sat down with a beer and discussed the meaning of life. Did we really want to torture fish for our pleasure, even if we didn't kill them?
Aboriginals around here look down on C&R. They don't fish for sport. They fish for sustenance.
Just something to talk about around the campfire...
Old 10-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #13

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
Good luck to you Bob! I hunt inland lakes bass and perch.
I'd love to try stream fishin' trout like that.

He's got the whole world in his hands - including you! Give it all to him.... EXCEPT the fish. Those are for you! Lol.

Good times Bob. Can't wait to get a line wet again, as always.
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #14

Missouri
glenn guy in branson caught a huge brown trout I cant remember the size but wow 25lb or better I think1

bob
Old 10-06-2017, 04:32 AM   #15

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
My buddy and I were fishing a lake like that; a fish on every cast. We've been avid C&R fly fishers for 20 years, but we went back to the trailers, sat down with a beer and discussed the meaning of life. Did we really want to torture fish for our pleasure, even if we didn't kill them?
Aboriginals around here look down on C&R. They don't fish for sport. They fish for sustenance.
For quite a few years back in the '80's and early '90's my friends and family would head up to a northern Ontario fishing and Summer resort. We loved it. The hosts were 3rd generation owners of the place. The surrounding lakes were loaded with lake trout and our preferred species, northern pike. We kept our legal limit (one day's catch) and returned the rest. It seemed too good to be true.

Then one year the owner warned us the Ontario provincial government knuckled under to the demands of the local Indians (aboriginals?) who claimed they had commercial fishing rights to all the lakes in that area. The non-aboriginals fought it to no avail. No evidence of the treaty was ever produced, but you can probably see where this is going. We came up that year anyway, but the lakes were decimated. No fish were caught. They gill-netted every lake. The resorts in the area all soon went out of business.

This isn't a political post. I have no idea who was right. Not taking sides here. Just a comment about the results. I'll bet if the hundreds of thousands of netted fish could talk, they would tell you they prefer the sportsman's methods, which include catch and release. I miss that place.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:08 AM   #16

Missouri
Oh my terrible well I own property with a good creek below it I had put up with neighbors who trespassed for 3 genearations! I finally got with the owner of the creek property he is a good joe and told him this had to stop!

We used to go down there catch hardly anything last trip down there we had a good catch the neighbors had cleaned the creek out. Finally after 20 years we can have a good time there. We don't hit it a lot just once in a while I cannot belive those clowns were allowed to do this. it will take years to rebuild your lakes then!
Old 10-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #17

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I have the same feelings about C&R.
cherylbredin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #18

Missouri
Every trouts we have caught they swallow the hook. On small ones I don't try to remove the hook I am not a surgeon I cut the line and turn them loose. The big ones we catch do that and they bleed out and die so I cut the hook off them too and string them! They live until I butcher them!

bob