Good Sam - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #41

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
How much is the cost of the basic owners club membership in the USA?.....here in Canada right now it is $39 for one year, $70 for two and $94 for three .......I don`t use most of their benefits but have to have their basic to get their ERS, I believe, which apparently seems to better than AAA.......Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:00 AM   #42

Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Registry
Wink

Well I had to use it again yesterday. I have two pickups, four minivans and a Chevy Sprint. With four drivers in the house, and the vehicles ranging in age from 1986 to 2005 I would not spend one day of my life without ERS.
I am a Charter Life member of Good Sam, and cannot count the times since 1995 that I have used ERS. As long as the vehicle is registered to me and a family memer is driving GS ERS will cover it. This year, we have been towed to a service facility along the Coquihalla highway when the fuel pump failed on one van pulling our trailer. When the service facility installed a rebuilt fuel pump which failed after only 70 miles, GRS towed us to another facility and also towed our trailer to a nearby campground, where the operator after hearing of our experience, gave us our first night camp fee for free. They have also provided boosts, gas and flat tire service when requested.
One of the most difficult times was when we lost a front universal joint on a suburban a few years ago in the foothills of the Rockies in West Central Alberta and had to have the trailer and Suburban dragged into Red Deer (80 miles) to have a new drive shaft built before we could continue. The tow truck operator found a shop and a machinist willing to do this for us on a July 1 weekend at a reasonable cost. The best point to me is that Good Sam covered all vehicles in the household and all drivers without having to hold multiple memberships or pay surcharges.
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #43

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Quote:
$39 for one year, $70 for two and $94 for three .......I don`t use most of their benefits but have to have their basic to get their ERS, I believe, which apparently seems to better than AAA.......Benny

Hi Benny,

Good Sam Club and Good Sam ERS are two separate entities. You can have one without the other. We just renewed ERS @ US$99.95 (= CA$118.46).

Not planning to travel far we had dropped Club membership. But then, the travel bug bit harder, and, as last year they offered "one $25. night camping free" with a membership, we rejoined. In effect our first night camping almost paid for the membership and the 10% discount on any subsequent nights was gravy.

Des
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote