Good Sam's Emergency Road Service - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #1

Trailer: Aliner
We got back from our trip to Florida last night. Our yard was soaked from too much rain, and while trying to back the Aliner into our spot, we got hopelessly stuck in mud.

Since it was dark and pouring rain, we decided to wait until this morning to see if it was something we could solve ourselves. It wasn't. So I called Good Sam's Emergency Road Service.

They had a truck out in 45 minutes, got us out of the mud and even backed the trailer into its spot for us.

I almost didn't renew my membership this year. I am SO glad I did!!!

Usual disclaimer... no connection with GS... just a very grateful customer!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Glad it worked for you. I just bought it also.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I almost didn't renew my membership this year. I am SO glad I did!!!
I didn't renew the "RV" portion of our AAA membership. After the sorry response from AAA last July, I'm saving that $37 and putting it on 3 years of introductory membership in Good Sam's Club, and getting to keep $4. I look forward to getting my own information about their emergency service, I've heard such good things about it.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I saw in Wally the other day that they are selling Good Sam Annual Memberships in the RV aisle. They're hanging on the wall and are credit cards type thingies that they activate when you checkout. The really good news is they had Wally red tag markdowns on a 1 year for only $7. I'm going to go up and see if I they still have them.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #5

Trailer: Aliner
Frederick, I hope you have as good an experience with them as I did if you ever need them. I read a complaint on another board about them not servicing your RV if you are not hooked up to the tow vehicle. Don't know if it is true or not.

I do know that the Good Sam's ERS also works as an automobile emergency road service even if you are just in your truck or car without your RV. It's nice knowing that if I ever had a flat tire or lock myself out I can call them.

Greg, be sure to check what the Wally Good Sam's membership includes. The regular Good Sam's membership does not include the emergency road service unless they've added something new that I don't know about.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Thanks Sharon, that's good to know.
I have the Allstate RV road package currently thru KOA, but I've never had to use it yet. Not sure if I'll stay with that or go with GS when it expires.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
We have used GS road service for just our vehicles twice and couldn't say enough about them. Excellent service, fast and I like the call back to make sure everything is ok.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
This is good to know, as I was considering joining them before we hit the road next summer. Anyone else have experience using their emergency services?
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #9

Trailer: Tent
I have had both GoodSam and Allstate RV Service. Fortunately neither service has towed my trailer, but have used both for emergency and stupid service (blown alternator on the highway out of state, locked the keys inside, etc). I would say both were comparable, both arrived on time and with the correct equipment. Both also called to make sure that the service had arrived, or just to make sure that we were safe etc. In my case a large flatbed truck to tow a suburban or full size truck.

I have switched back and forth each year, because both companies are more interested in signing on new customers than keeping their current customers. Thus they offer a discount to new members, but not on renewals.

I have never tried AAA.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #10

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I had to use my good sam once, for gas (Stupid me!) and they did all they said they would, just like everyone here has mentioned.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote