Got an offer to sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 13 ft Scamp / 2006 Jeep Liberty Renagade V6
Today when I got home from some shopping I found a note hanging from the mailbox with a phone #. Some guy wanted to know if we wanted to sell our egg. A course that would be not ! I'm leery of people just walking up my driveway and looking at the trailer. And by coincidence the guy's name was Rick. Maybe I'm being just a little too paranoid !

Vera

ted saxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have had several "Cold" offers and inquiries on both of mine.

This is one of the ways of getting one if you are looking for used and local.

Thats exactly how I got my 17.. a blank knock on the door "You wannna sell that?"
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #3

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I've had offers, too, and mine doesn't even sit out visibly- the offers came as I was parking it in the garage or taking it out!

That used to happen with my old Toyota pickup, too.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
I've had offers, too, and mine doesn't even sit out visibly- the offers came as I was parking it in the garage or taking it out!

That used to happen with my old Toyota pickup, too.
I have had people approach me at gas stations and when we are towing it and ask if we would sell it. itook mine to an rv dealership last year for some work and the dealer told me that while it would be on their lot for about a week they would have 3 or 4 people stop to see if it was 4 sale.
Dan B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I've had numerous offers. Once, when I had the truck in for work, I parked the egg near the fence of the repair shop next to a highway. I went off with a friend and when we came back we noticed a "Not for sale!" sign on it -- The shop was having their work interrupted too often by would-be buyers!
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Once we drove to Phoenix and left the truck/trailer at my sister's while we did a quick fly-out to get some good birding in a far-away place. When we got back my brother-in-law said someone had stopped and asked how much he wanted for the egg. Luckily, my brother-in-law knows what's good for him and politely declined.

We have a 16' Casita in the neighborhood that I've never seen moved (and they're not listed as members here). I might take the address of this site and knock on their door. Might make a new friend.
MarianA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 1990 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Our egg is parked in our front side yard on a rather busy street. We got it about 11 months ago. My husband has had 3 people ask him if he'd sell it, when he's been out working on it. No one has knocked at the door, or left a note . . .yet!

I've had several ask where they could get one, and refered them to the Scamp website.

Maggie
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
We took delivery of our 2006 Scamp the 15th of Dec. 2005. We hadn't even had a chance to use it and a guy came to the door wanting to buy it. A couple months later there was a note on the door from somebody wanting to buy it. We're back off a busy highway. The trailer is visible from the road sitting about 200' back with a driveway that about 500' long that looks like it belongs to the neighbors.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:11 AM   #9

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
In the last year I have succumbed to two unsolicited offers to good to refuse on a Trillium 4500 and a 13' Scamp that I had just finished putting my personal touchs on. These were from people just driving by my home and seeing them in my side yard. I live off the beaten path.
Fortunatlely I am retired and have the time to start over again. The Scamp I have now is not for sale for. I have a Trillium Jubilee that is.
Get used to the unsolicited offers, you will probably receive many more.
John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #10

Trailer: 85 13 ft Scamp
I have found 1 note on my door so far, I live on a dead end dirt road in the country. Never did look up the number but it was local to the village and close to mine (you know you live in a small village when everybodies number is 674-1XXX).
Shawn Englehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #11

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
i had lots of offers when camping with the 13' scamp.....with the 5er lots of nice comments on how 'cool' the trailer is or thats the cuties 5er I have ever seen. no offers tho.. if they did i would say no... after all the re-do's i am not ready to give it up yet.....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #12

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: I always say " It never costs to ask!!!" I consider it a compliment to our taste when sooo many people ask... "Is it for sale".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
We live on a major street in Toronto. When we parked it conveniently in the front yard so that we could work on it before our first trip of the summer we got numerous offers. Also got a lot of "what is it?" One morning the doorbell rang before 7am and when I answered it was someone wanting to know the price. That day I made up a sign for the window. It said
"It's a Boler. It's a 1972. It is NOT for sale"
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote