GPS - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2007, 08:23 AM   #1

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Any other DeLorme Earthmate PM20 users out here. I received mine just over a week ago And know a little bit about it. It works great as far as I have gotten . It is small and very portable will sit on your dash and is very visible even in the bright sun. My problem is way more features than are needed. I used DeLorme years ago till they went to the newer format on their maps which in my opinion aren’t as user friendly any more. Anyway I sprung for the new one and have it all programmed for our spring trip south next Sunday. It works great on my short trial jaunts. Has its own rechargeable internal battery which will stay charged through the lighter socket, so only one wire to it, which it doesn’t have to have for shorter durations. It comes with a map of the entire world and software to download of what regions you want to use such as the states you will be traveling through. Will let all know what I really think of it in two weeks.
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I have DeLorme on my laptop. If I did not have it, I would still be lost in St. Louis from the trip I took last summer. We used it to go to San Antonio and to stop off in Arkansas on the way home to pick up the UHaul. Even the hubby was impressed at how we were taken directly to our hotel in Little Rock that was not really easy to find.
You find yourself talking to the GPS voice.

I was using the Version 2006. I have 2007, but it seems a great deal more complicated and wants to install completely on my harddrive. Since I use an Intel Mac, the PC side is more limited in harddrive space. I had to clear it and go back to the older version that can run off the CD.

CindyL