Guess where I’m going…… - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #1

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Guess where I’m going……

Guess where I’m going……
……on my next epic road trip. I added 5 south eastern states to my travel map last fall. That leaves only two states in the lower 48 that I have not driven in. I still hope to get to the last two this year but so far things do not look great for traveling. I think that I was in 15 states total last summer, that’s multiple trips, and 13 in the trip to the south east.
Attached Thumbnails
MAPTEST2.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
Guess where I’m going……
……on my next epic road trip. I added 5 south eastern states to my travel map last fall. That leaves only two states in the lower 48 that I have not driven in. I still hope to get to the last two this year but so far things do not look great for traveling. I think that I was in 15 states total last summer, that’s multiple trips, and 13 in the trip to the south east.
You are going to Georgia to get a Tattoo and do some Bowling?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Hopefully you will get out here soon. Washington and Oregon are beautiful and there's lots to see and do. July and August are our warmest months but ots not bad on the west side of the mountains. It's still nice into the fall.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #4

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita 17 SD - sold - Lance 1475
Tennessee
Have fun and be careful. The PNW is beautiful. We only lack NE and Vt.
jimiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Looks like you are heading west! Very cool that you have filled up that map!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
If you're coming to Oregon and Washington, try to coordinate around a gathering or two or three. You may never pass this way again and you'd meet people you wouldn't otherwise meet.

Be safe, be well.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:55 PM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
You are going to Georgia to get a Tattoo and do some Bowling?
If you come through Iowa you can now stop at a farmers market and buy some kale. If you don’t like your looks, you can also now go to the doctor and get your nose fixed (elective surgery). We got us one fine gubernor. Set a new record of cases and deaths per day today. Curve looks like the Matterhorn.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:34 PM   #8

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
If you come through Iowa you can now stop at a farmers market and buy some kale. If you don’t like your looks, you can also now go to the doctor and get your nose fixed (elective surgery). We got us one fine gubernor. Set a new record of cases and deaths per day today. Curve looks like the Matterhorn.
Iowa Dave
I spend a lot of time in both Iowa and South Dakota. The histories of both highways 20 and 30 in Iowa are time well spent. (and this year I'll miss the worlds largest truck stop on I-80, a destination truck stop for sure)
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:32 AM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Highways

Quote:
I spend a lot of time in both Iowa and South Dakota. The histories of both highways 20 and 30 in Iowa are time well spent. (and this year I'll miss the worlds largest truck stop on I-80, a destination truck stop for sure)
I haven’t been in the truck stop at Walcott for a couple years. Last time I looked they had a fully restored Dodge Power Wagon from the 50s on display. Neat.

Drove a little bit of the Lincoln Highway yesterday. My Cousins daughter is now President if the Iowa Chapter of the Lincoln Highway Association.

When we go west we always go north to Waterloo then west across Iowa on 20. Nice road, mostly divided highway now, speed limit as fast as I want to go. Lots less traffic than I 80. What’s not to like?
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #10

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Guess where I’m going……
Washington and Oregon are 2 of the prettiest states. We've made several trips to them. They have everything from beaches with awesome sunsets and whale watching to beautiful forests and high snow capped mountains. The weather is pretty good also. Allow plenty of time in each state. We drove the coast highway and now we've seen so much more we could have done. Hopefully we'll all get to travel this year.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:27 PM   #11

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
I'm lacking 1 state only - RI.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:27 PM   #12

Name: Tom
Trailer: Escape 21 and Northern Lite truck camper 2014 2500 HD Duramax
Michigan
We also only lack 1 state, Hawaii. I don't think Ill get there, maybe a bridge or ferry might help
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:21 AM   #13

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
When I first read the title of this thread (Guess where I’m going), I got a mental image of a news reporter, wearing a protective mask, asking an unmasked person “(Name), you just walked out of the hospital having survived CORONA-19. What are you going to do now?” And the response, of course is “I’m going to Disney World.”
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote