Happier Camper build quality - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-29-2020, 07:58 AM   #21

Name: Jairon
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig D. Thompson View Post
Jairon, how is your research progressing?

Despite loving the layout of the HCT, we couldn't get a call back from anyone to answer our questions. We had a meeting scheduled but the call never came. We've since settled on the less optimized but better tested Oliver put down our deposit.
Jairon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:04 AM   #22

Name: Craig
Trailer: U-Haul
South Eastern Pennsylvania
I have no personal experience with Oliver but from my research it should be a high quality trailer. Congrats!

What is the wait time?
Craig D. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #23

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot FT20
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig D. Thompson View Post
After much research and soul searching my wife and I decided to order an HCT. Contract signed, money sent, in the cue.

Now the agonizing wait. While we are waiting for the trailer to be built and shipped I will have a few cubes sent to us so we can experiment and learn how to best use them. Might seem a bit silly but the packing style will be rather different with cubes. And it gives us something to do while waiting.

I also need to get a brake controller. And decide what type of toilet to get (can decide before trailer is built). And new tow mirrors, the old ones are not good at all. A lot of preparation to keep me busy I suppose.

Jairon, how is your research progressing?

Make sure you order there newer air conditioner unit. And the rear bumper water tank.

Sweet, you’ll love it!
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:55 AM   #24

I am told the 12v air conditioner is still in the testing phase and I am not able to order it yet.

What is the rear bumper water tank?
Old 07-29-2020, 12:22 PM   #25

Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot FT20
Michigan
Seen the ac unit at Quartzsite, bummer. You’ll love your unit, and become part of there family. Enjoy, see ya at a rally in the future.

They have a extra tank that can be mounted on the rear bumper.
Additional storage, hose setup, might come in handy if boondockering.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #26

A lot of those options do not seem to be shown in the HC web site.

I will ask about it.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:00 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita 16 ft
Texas
HC AC

I wonder what Happier Camper is using for an air conditioner. In the South with overnight lows of 85^ or more you won't sleep well without it. The one my late model Casita uses is overkill and needs a 2300 watt generator.

The HC is cute, quite practical, but costs twice as much as the Casita. You would want a Ford Flex, Explorer, Chevy Tahoe, mid size or better p/u to tow the Casita.
Friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #28
tua

Name: Manley
Trailer: Happier Camper
Everywhere, USA
Thumbs up Happier Camper!

So much excitement!
Congratulations Craig!
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:14 PM   #29

Name: Gary
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Massachusetts
Hi Mike - wondering if there’s a way to get connected with that HC1 owner in Massachusetts? We’re seriously considering ordering one, but want to check one out in person if at all possible.
Pianoxcape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #30

Thanks tua. We are super excited!
Old 08-02-2020, 09:10 PM   #31

Name: Sarah
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
Thumbs up Perfect timing

Thanks for posting this. It was perfect timing. I have been eyeing the HC1 since it first came out, and finally decided to purchase! I love my Boler, and can't wait to love my HC1 even more.
Sarah in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:35 AM   #32
Commercial Member

Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairon View Post
Despite loving the layout of the HCT, we couldn't get a call back from anyone to answer our questions. We had a meeting scheduled but the call never came. We've since settled on the less optimized but better tested Oliver put down our deposit.
That is unfortunate ,it is a very frustrating time right now as the LA office is hit hard by the up and down situations with covid and at the same time being inundated with inquiries for the HC1and HCT . Hopefully this will come to an end soon . The Oliver is a beautiful and well made trailer and you will be happy, just not Happier.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:43 AM   #33
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in Seattle View Post
Thanks for posting this. It was perfect timing. I have been eyeing the HC1 since it first came out, and finally decided to purchase! I love my Boler, and can't wait to love my HC1 even more.
That is fantastic Sarah if you love your boler you will be ecstatic with the HC1 ,it’s like a boler on steroids .
Old 08-03-2020, 05:47 AM   #34
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoxcape View Post
Hi Mike - wondering if there’s a way to get connected with that HC1 owner in Massachusetts? We’re seriously considering ordering one, but want to check one out in person if at all possible.
Yes there are some HC1 owners in the north east if you pm me your info I can try and find one close that you could check out and put you in contact with.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:04 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friz View Post
I wonder what Happier Camper is using for an air conditioner. In the South with overnight lows of 85^ or more you won't sleep well without it. The one my late model Casita uses is overkill and needs a 2300 watt generator.

The HC is cute, quite practical, but costs twice as much as the Casita. You would want a Ford Flex, Explorer, Chevy Tahoe, mid size or better p/u to tow the Casita.
Friz the 2 air conditioners HC are testing are 3900 and 5000 btu and have so far been very impressive in cooling the HC1 . Th unit will also run up to 8 hours on dc with a good battery and solar setup and at the very least will run off the smallest generator setup. While the HC1 and Casita are completely different and hard to compare the HC1 is not twice as much as the Casita base price is $20.000 to $22.000 and the base for the HC1 is $24.000 .
Old 08-03-2020, 07:06 AM   #36

Name: Tiffany
Trailer: In the market
Canada
Happier Camper for family?

Hi! I'm going to jump on this thread...we are a family of 4 people. I read on the web-site that the HC1 can accommodate a family of 5 - is this 2 adults and 3 children? We are approaching the teen years and our littles aren't so little anymore. We are looking for something small that can still sleep all of us comfortably. We are upgrading from tent camping Thank you
greentravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:02 AM   #37
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentravels View Post
Hi! I'm going to jump on this thread...we are a family of 4 people. I read on the web-site that the HC1 can accommodate a family of 5 - is this 2 adults and 3 children? We are approaching the teen years and our littles aren't so little anymore. We are looking for something small that can still sleep all of us comfortably. We are upgrading from tent camping Thank you
Thanks for your interest Tiffany. The HC1 is a 13 foot trailer and with all fg trailers it includes the tounge. The HC1s adaptable interior can be configured into many different set ups to accommodate different needs. But it still is only around 70 sq feet I have personally camped with my wife in a full queen sized bed with my three grandchildren on the front double bed and the bunk option so it is doable but 2 children with the bunk would be very doable. You can check out the virtual tour at Happier Camper . Com and see if this could work for you.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #38

Name: Tiffany
Trailer: In the market
Canada
Happier Camper bunk weight

Hi, I've been looking at youtube and reading up on the HC1, but I can't seem to locate the max weight for the bunk option. Are you able to purchase additional cubes at a later date? Does anyone have one without the AC unit and camp in Ontario with it? Does the fan move enough air? Thanks
greentravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:37 AM   #39
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Hi, I've been looking at youtube and reading up on the HC1, but I can't seem to locate the max weight for the bunk option. Are you able to purchase additional cubes at a later date? Does anyone have one without the AC unit and camp in Ontario with it? Does the fan move enough air? Thanks
I see you are in Ontario we have a showroom in Amherstburg Ont and have 3 trailers here on display, onecommercial, one off road lifted and a standard with bunks .come on down and check them out.almost all items can be purchased towards the end of the build or after. With the large rear hatch air is not needed but is nice to have
Old 08-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #40
tua

Name: Manley
Trailer: Happier Camper
Everywhere, USA
Happier Camper without AC

Quote:
Hi, I've been looking at youtube and reading up on the HC1..... Does anyone have one without the AC unit and camp in Ontario with it? Does the fan move enough air? Thanks
I did not have an AC on my HC-1. I camped in Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Winnipeg, Manitoba and across Ontario, Canada in Michigan, in July, August and September in various summer heat up to 104° f, 40°c. At the beginning of my journey I was afraid that I would not be able to tolerate the humidity (I come from the low humidity, low temperatures of California), or be able to tolerate the heat and sweating, but I found that the fan worked great to keep me comfortable!.......but, to AC or not AC is more of a personal preference.
tua is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper