Happier Camper has partnered with Camping World - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Seems like a lot a folks here have had many issues with Camping World or have heard of many horror stories passed around the campfire does anyone here have something specific they have endured from Camping World would like to hear it ,I myself have purchased many products from them ,some great deals and have never incurred anything that would cause such vitriol, maybe I’m missing something ,I hear a lot of trash talking but nobody seems to have any relative experiences to speak of .. I do realize Camping World has not paid much attention to the fg rv World but don’t you think with the investment in Happier Camper they are now
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've had good experiences with Camping World because I've only bought products in the store. The service experience and warranty work of others who bought RVs from Camping World is what I've read about for the last several years. I belong to several huge Facebook groups for large 5th wheels and motorhomes. The consensus seems to be.... run... away... from Camping World. Plus, it seems they have almost zero interest in working on any RV not purchased from them. Remember Lessons Learned? I read and learn....

My question Mike, is Happier Camper no longer going to sell the Adaptiv™ system direct and all sales are going to be through Camping World? Frankly, I prefer to purchase from a manufacturer rather than a second or third party reseller as the manufacturer has a vested interest in good customer service.

I hope it all works out for Happier Camper. I truly do
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:13 PM   #23

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
My question Mike, is Happier Camper no longer going to sell the Adaptiv™ system direct and all sales are going to be through Camping World? Frankly, I prefer to purchase from a manufacturer rather than a second or third party reseller as the manufacturer has a vested interest in good customer service.
Good question Donna, because that's a true point in all industries.

The bigger the business, the less control there is on service and quality.

Camping World can offer inexpensive products like COSTCO or Sam's Club, but you're not going to get the best skills or service like a small business, customized shop.

I don't take my car to a national box store for maintenance and repair work by minimal wage employees, I go to a local shop with crackerjack mechanics.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've had good experiences with Camping World because I've only bought products in the store. The service experience and warranty work of others who bought RVs from Camping World is what I've read about for the last several years. I belong to several huge Facebook groups for large 5th wheels and motorhomes. The consensus seems to be.... run... away... from Camping World. Plus, it seems they have almost zero interest in working on any RV not purchased from them. Remember Lessons Learned? I read and learn....

I hope it all works out for Happier Camper. I truly do
No the camper division is not part of the deal ,all sales still go through HC , there is no Camping World dealership although there are future plans to have HCs in their showrooms . The deal is mainly on the adaptive system for sprinter and similar platforms that are being developed.Those same adaptive systems are also on the HC1 and HCT so it would only be natural for someone in North Carolina to purchase addaptive products at there local Camping World rather than get them in California.also to your point on service and warranty work on your A typical trailer isn’t that an issue across most dealerships and not just Camping world
Old 07-08-2021, 08:25 PM   #25

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Seems like a lot a folks here have had many issues with Camping World or have heard of many horror stories passed around the campfire does anyone here have something specific they have endured from Camping World would like to hear it..
Just a quick sampling.. you can find more examples if you seek them out. Now its true that not all of these have a lot of specific details but when you see these types of comments time and time again you have to wonder why so many have a negative impression. Perhaps the sheer size of Camping World and Gander is one reason but other large (non-RV) companies have good reputations... look at Toyota. My own experience is that they would not install a furnace in my Scamp, apparently because the fiberglass egg camper is so unusual. But now they are going to expand to "the van and camper conversion market?"

Don't get me wrong.. Camping World is really the only retail RV option to partner with. And it might work out well.. and I hope it does.

Now for the links...

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...html#post22521

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...html#post23184 (related to above)

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post814154

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post792875

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post811469

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post779841

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post779860

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post798925
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 05:24 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Just a quick sampling.. you can find more examples if you seek them out. Now its true that not all of these have a lot of specific details but when you see these types of comments time and time again you have to wonder why so many have a negative impression. Perhaps the sheer size of Camping World and Gander is one reason but other large (non-RV) companies have good reputations... look at Toyota. My own experience is that they would not install a furnace in my Scamp, apparently because the fiberglass egg camper is so unusual. But now they are going to expand to "the van and camper conversion market?"

Don't get me wrong.. Camping World is really the only retail RV option to partner with. And it might work out well.. and I hope it does.

Now for the links...

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...html#post22521

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...html#post23184 (related to above)

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post814154

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post792875

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post811469

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post779841

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post779860

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post798925
Yes most of those posts look like Camping Worlds sort of speak discrimination or lack of knowledge of small fg trailers and I get that , would teaming with a small fg rv manufacturer help them with that I would hope so .
Old 07-09-2021, 05:46 AM   #27

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
The forward looking statement is typically of a financial news release. That caught my attention to look at the stock CWH.

If only we had known. In March 2020 it was at an all time low of sub $5 and currently it is in the $40 range. Pays 2.6% dividends. Zacks is suggesting to buy.

That makes me think the market value of our trailers is going to remain high.

I hope this works out well for HC.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:42 AM   #28

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
If only we had known. In March 2020 it was at an all time low of sub $5 and currently it is in the $40 range. Pays 2.6% dividends. Zacks is suggesting to buy.....
Or if you thought the merger with Gander was a positive and bought CW stock on the day of the announcement (shown at the crosshairs on the left side of below chart), then you would find out you are up only 4.4 % after more than four years. But if you bought on 5/4/2021 and sold on 6/17/2021 you would have a 26% loss! Stock timing is not for the faint of heart. You can pick any two points on the chart for buy and sell, and come up with a large profit, a large loss, or anything in between.

Yahoo finance short and mid term outlook is bearish and it is bullish for long term.
Attached Thumbnails
CWSTOCK.jpg  
Old 07-09-2021, 06:54 AM   #29
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I asked if Camping World would be selling trailers and you said "yes at 227 locations". I'm sure they won't be doing that for free which means an already top shelf camper will get even more expensive. I'm not a potential customer, so my opinion is worth what you're paying me to give it, but having watched both the Nest and the Happier Camper from the begining, I'd hate to see Happier Camper end the same way. As to the Adaptiv System installations, years ago when I built my house I found out that here in Vermont anybody who can strap on a hammer can call themselves a carpenter. You're going to have atleast 227 people installing your product. And you have no control over what they do. You folks are going to be busy.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:42 AM   #30
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
I asked if Camping World would be selling trailers and you said "yes at 227 locations". I'm sure they won't be doing that for free which means an already top shelf camper will get even more expensive. I'm not a potential customer, so my opinion is worth what you're paying me to give it, but having watched both the Nest and the Happier Camper from the begining, I'd hate to see Happier Camper end the same way. As to the Adaptiv System installations, years ago when I built my house I found out that here in Vermont anybody who can strap on a hammer can call themselves a carpenter. You're going to have atleast 227 people installing your product. And you have no control over what they do. You folks are going to be busy.
You must not understand the addaptive systems as there will be no need for carpenters or pretend carpenters to install and the beauty is if you can build a 20-30 piece lego product you can install the addaptive interior, this is one of the reasons CW has been impressed with the addaptive systems as any one of their trained or some here believe untrained untrained mechanics should easily handle. All fg platforms will be built by HC and CW will simply sell and install the modules or the owner will simply install it them selves . As to the 227 locations that may be wrong as it is stated in the press release to be 180 locations but google says 227 but in any case the deal only applies to the addaptive systems mainly for van platforms and does not apply to the HC trailers but their will be a presence of trailers in their showrooms eventually but all sales will be done through HC ,that could change in the future
Old 07-09-2021, 07:55 AM   #31
Commercial Member

Ontario
To be clear with everyone here as I know this is lighting up different fg groups even Happier Camper owners group, this is not a merger or takeover or anything close , this is an investment by Camping World into the patented Addaptive systems and there will not be any inference by Camping World on the operations of Happier Camper or the build process of its trailers .
Old 07-09-2021, 08:30 AM   #32
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I understand the system fine. I used my experience with "carpenters" as an example. There are folks claiming all kinds of skills they don't have. My point was that poor installation could reflect poorly on Happier Camper. If you want it done right.... I hope it works out.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #33

North Carolina
I think it will help Camping World sell RV's, especially to Russian hackers who will buy their camper using Bitcoin....
https://investor.campingworld.com/pr...s/default.aspx
Old 07-09-2021, 09:29 PM   #34

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I bought a teardrop trailer at Camping World. It was a good deal for me. The price was quite low and I never figured out why. However, the salesman's final words kind of soured things. He said very sarcastically, "Come back when you are ready to buy a REAL RV."

I decided at that point I didn't want to go back. I haven't.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:56 PM   #35

Name: Lawson
Trailer: In the market
Texas
I’ve definitely seen plenty of cases of Camping World’s shoddy work first hand, mainly in the form of clients coming to me with broken RVs (non-fgs) and it being solely CW’s fault. So contrary to the suggestion, this isn’t just unsubstantiated rumor. CW does poor work and then doesn’t fix the problems they create.
Let’s not pretend this is anything outside of a business decision. But there’s little doubt in my mind HC’s reputation for quality will suffer. And unfortunately their litigation budget will probably have to be increased.
lawcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #36
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawcamper View Post
I’ve definitely seen plenty of cases of Camping World’s shoddy work first hand, mainly in the form of clients coming to me with broken RVs (non-fgs) and it being solely CW’s fault. So contrary to the suggestion, this isn’t just unsubstantiated rumor. CW does poor work and then doesn’t fix the problems they create.
Let’s not pretend this is anything outside of a business decision. But there’s little doubt in my mind HC’s reputation for quality will suffer. And unfortunately their litigation budget will probably have to be increased.
You don’t say but I assume you are a rv mechanic from your statement as clients. are coming to you to fix as you say CW s poor work ,most issues in the rv industry and especially fg rv s in fact are not caused by the coach builders but by the numerous different suppliers of different components and parts, breakdowns and failures can occur on any rvs cross using these components so the best way to counter that is for RV manufacturers to source and start out with the best products they can . HC s philosophy has been from the beginning to source the best products it can and to always improve rather than rely on the same design and products year after year . Of course HC has incurred many setbacks and issues on some of it’s earlier trailers but have learned a lot from those. You say HCs quality will suffer a lot from this even though this deal has no influence on HCs build and sales process and just maybe CW s reputation will get better rather than HCs suffer . CW is the the largest RV sales and repair facility in North American and it would only make sense they would have the most complaints and might just have the most positive responses also it’s just those don’t make good topic.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:32 AM   #37

Name: Judi
Trailer: 16' Scamp
North Carolina
Having had my Scamp STOLEN from the Colfax, NC Camping World location with no remorse or help/call backs from CW (they post that issues should be brought to the owner's attention), I want to warn the owners of any small camper left there for any repair to not trust them at all. Fifty thousand thumbs down for CW.
Judi in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:22 PM   #38

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500
Kalifornia High Desert
Registry
Quote:
You don’t say but I assume you are a rv mechanic from your statement as clients. are coming to you to fix as you say CW s poor work ,most issues in the rv industry and especially fg rv s in fact are not caused by the coach builders but by the numerous different suppliers of different components and parts, breakdowns and failures can occur on any rvs cross using these components so the best way to counter that is for RV manufacturers to source and start out with the best products they can . HC s philosophy has been from the beginning to source the best products it can and to always improve rather than rely on the same design and products year after year . Of course HC has incurred many setbacks and issues on some of it’s earlier trailers but have learned a lot from those. You say HCs quality will suffer a lot from this even though this deal has no influence on HCs build and sales process and just maybe CW s reputation will get better rather than HCs suffer . CW is the the largest RV sales and repair facility in North American and it would only make sense they would have the most complaints and might just have the most positive responses also it’s just those don’t make good topic.
I am just courious about what it takes to to be a "Commercial Member" and if this is supposed to give more creditability to some ones post? Is this an advertisement for HC or CW? How does that go " I'm just asking for a friend" lol. I am trying to figure this out as I have a trillium and would like to update several things in it or add things to it that HC may market. Doesn't seem like CW see us FG owners as any part of their customer base. I have bought several items from CW and been happy with them but I am a DIY person and don't let anybody work on my toys. But I do look for advice and tips from retailers that I purchase from. When they ask what I have for an RV or the see me walk in to their store form it they don't pay a lot of attention to me, I also own and use a 34 ft Class A but find it hard to get into most CW parking lots to buy accessories from them.

All of our hope should be that CW would stepup customer satisfaction and we all would spene more money with them. I choose to buy most stuff online because of price not being close to a RV store that has a stock of things we want to buy, CW has them inmost of their stores but to far to drive to see the item and the cost to get there is added to the overall price.

Pack it in and Pack it out........
ROBERT ONEILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:14 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT ONEILL View Post
I am just courious about what it takes to to be a "Commercial Member" and if this is supposed to give more creditability to some ones post? Is this an advertisement for HC or CW? How does that go " I'm just asking for a friend" lol. I am trying to figure this out as I have a trillium and would like to update several things in it or add things to it that HC may market. Doesn't seem like CW see us FG owners as any part of their customer base. I have bought several items from CW and been happy with them but I am a DIY person and don't let anybody work on my toys. But I do look for advice and tips from retailers that I purchase from. When they ask what I have for an RV or the see me walk in to their store form it they don't pay a lot of attention to me, I also own and use a 34 ft Class A but find it hard to get into most CW parking lots to buy accessories from them.

All of our hope should be that CW would stepup customer satisfaction and we all would spene more money with them. I choose to buy most stuff online because of price not being close to a RV store that has a stock of things we want to buy, CW has them inmost of their stores but to far to drive to see the item and the cost to get there is added to the overall price.

Pack it in and Pack it out........
Robert just to give you insight on my commercial member status and for some others here who have questioned the same I have been a longtime member here long before Happier Camper came to be , As my status states I do still own a trillium 4500 and the boler but have sold the burro ,I also own or have owned numerous other brands of fg trailers . Happier Camper for those that don’t know was started by my son Derek after I sent him one of my bolers from Windsor Ont Canada to Los Angeles California to use in the Consumer Electronics trade show in Las Vegas Nevada for a product he developed called I balz which is a simple case that he made when the I pads first came out. To make along story short more people were interested in the trailer than the product he was selling out of it . This is where the inspiration came to build our trailer
While my status has been changed to a commercial member I personally have no financial interest in Happier Camper and receive no payment or incentives from them but I will defend happier Camper from any falsehoods or misinformation seen here or elsewhere ,a dads got to do what a dads got to do.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:40 PM   #40

North Carolina
Quote:
Robert just to give you insight on my commercial member status and for some others here who have questioned the same I have been a longtime member here ...
You could put some of that in your ABOUT ME tab on your profile page.

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...may-33465.html

Tags
happier camper