Happier Camper has partnered with Camping World - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 06:44 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Happier Camper has partnered with Camping World

https://investor.campingworld.com/pr...OfCCLezr1NQLTQ Pleased to announce Happier Camper has partnered with Camping World starting in 2022 ,official announcement tomorrow but thought I’d give a heads up here first.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Everybody loves Camping World.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:23 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Prayers for Happier Camper..... wow to below....
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:35 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Ontario
Of course the 2 first negative comments would be from the 2 guys who just couldn’t grasp what the Adaptive System is all about , but I would think the CEO of an 8 billion dollar camping company should know.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Of course the 2 first negative comments would be from the 2 guys who just couldn’t grasp what the Adaptive System is all about...
Oh I dont know how hard it is to understand the concept of customizing an RV for individual buyers. I think they might be able to grasp that idea. And maybe the "Adaptive System" will be a good selling point. But the first two comments actually echo my initial thoughts, which I decided to keep to myself when I first read them. The fact is that that among knowledgeable RV owners, the reputation of Camping World is far from stellar. Thats not to say it wont be a successful marriage... there are many people who rely on Camping World.

Also note the statement in the press release....

The forward-looking statements in this press release are only predictions.
... Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 04:39 AM   #6
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
"Customers will be able to bring a shell of a van or camper to one of our nationwide SuperCenters and we will act as renovation centers and install the Adaptiv™ technology in the unit. The ability to customize and convert your unit with different modular layouts brings new life and I believe a welcome addition to the future in RVing. "

As I recall, the system is based on 20" modules. Currently these fit in trailers designed for the modules and select vans. If I'm understanding this correctly, I will be able to drive into Camping World and they will install the modules in my vehicle, be it camper or van. Who wants to be first?

Will they be selling the trailers too?
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:06 AM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Congratulations! Best wishes for the venture!

CindyL
Old 07-08-2021, 05:41 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Oh I dont know how hard it is to understand the concept of customizing an RV for individual buyers. I think they might be able to grasp that idea. And maybe the "Adaptive System" will be a good selling point. But the first two comments actually echo my initial thoughts, which I decided to keep to myself when I first read them. The fact is that that among knowledgeable RV owners, the reputation of Camping World is far from stellar. Thats not to say it wont be a successful marriage... there are many people who rely on Camping World.

Also note the statement in the press release....

The forward-looking statements in this press release are only predictions.
... Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements.
I would think this would be a reasonable statement made by any publicly traded company involving any type of business venture ,not sure where your problem lies with it
Old 07-08-2021, 05:45 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
"Customers will be able to bring a shell of a van or camper to one of our nationwide SuperCenters and we will act as renovation centers and install the Adaptiv™ technology in the unit. The ability to customize and convert your unit with different modular layouts brings new life and I believe a welcome addition to the future in RVing. "

As I recall, the system is based on 20" modules. Currently these fit in trailers designed for the modules and select vans. If I'm understanding this correctly, I will be able to drive into Camping World and they will install the modules in my vehicle, be it camper or van. Who wants to be first?

Will they be selling the trailers too?
yes at 227 locations
Old 07-08-2021, 06:46 AM   #10

North Carolina
Quote:
I would think this would be a reasonable statement made by any publicly traded company involving any type of business venture ,not sure where your problem lies with it
Just a caution, and yes, it applies to others also. I have no problem with it.. its just worth noting. Not sure what your relationship is with either company as there is nothing about your comercial status in your "About Me" tab of your profile, no signature line in your post, and your trailers listed are "Boler13/trillium4500/buro13." But I am guessing you are with HC?

IMHO, Camping World rally should work to improve their customer service reputation before or in conjunction with entering the van and camper conversion market and expanding with the Happier Camper’s Adaptiv™ system.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:48 AM   #11

North Carolina
Quote:
yes at 227 locations
Just wondering where you got that number.. the press release says:

With over 180 locations in 40 states, Camping World, and sister company Gander RV & Outdoors, have grown to ...
Old 07-08-2021, 07:05 AM   #12

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
At least they didn't pardoner with Thor!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:57 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Just wondering where you got that number.. the press release says:

With over 180 locations in 40 states, Camping World, and sister company Gander RV & Outdoors, have grown to ...
That is the number when I googled it could be affiliated locations
Old 07-08-2021, 09:15 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Just a caution, and yes, it applies to others also. I have no problem with it.. its just worth noting. Not sure what your relationship is with either company as there is nothing about your comercial status in your "About Me" tab of your profile, no signature line in your post, and your trailers listed are "Boler13/trillium4500/buro13." But I am guessing you are with HC?

IMHO, Camping World rally should work to improve their customer service reputation before or in conjunction with entering the van and camper conversion market and expanding with the Happier Camper’s Adaptiv™ system.
Don’t know the details exclusively and won’t mention. names but I do know the the ceo of Camping World is a famous television personality known for his ability to move companies forward and has a similar vision with HC on moving the RV industry into the 22 century and realizes with the future going electric and other upcoming technologies it must adapt to the changes ,This is an investment made and sought by Camping World and not by HC looking for investment as some have mentioned on other forums. This is also only an initial investment into HCs patented Addaptive systems which will apply to many different platforms .
Old 07-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #15

Name: Lawson
Trailer: In the market
Texas
I seriously don’t think anyone is questioning if this will help HC’s bottom line, it surely will. Good for them in that sense. But it is a bit of a shame for a company that was all about quality getting in bed with a company known for lacking any.
lawcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:24 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawcamper View Post
I seriously don’t think anyone is questioning if this will help HC’s bottom line, it surely will. Good for them in that sense. But it is a bit of a shame for a company that was all about quality getting in bed with a company known for lacking any.
All quality control and build decisions will remain with HC this is only a investment in the Adaptive system and allow Camping World to be able to sell a better quality product ,this will also allow HC to increase their production and to even more so increase their quality so really a win win for both companies.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #17

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I have not been impressed with the quality of repair work at Camping World and would not trust them for anything except minor repairs which I could likely handle myself. If HC repairs were contracted out to CW that would be a non starter for me.

Walt
Old 07-08-2021, 04:00 PM   #18

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Quote:
Don’t know the details exclusively and won’t mention. names but I do know the the ceo of Camping World is a famous television personality known for his ability to move companies forward and has a similar vision with HC on moving the RV industry into the 22 century and realizes with the future going electric and other upcoming technologies it must adapt to the changes ,This is an investment made and sought by Camping World and not by HC looking for investment as some have mentioned on other forums. This is also only an initial investment into HCs patented Addaptive systems which will apply to many different platforms .
Does this mean we are looking at a future without propane?

I tend to steer away from the thinking of famous television personalities. Additionally, I trust most of the people on this web site more than the owner of camping world.

I know very little about happy camper; do people like the product after owning it for say 5 years? How many happy campers have they sold? Are the reviews good? What is the resale value like? With a major reset like this I’d guess the past has almost no reflection on the future.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:38 PM   #19

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Everybody loves Camping World.
Not me, the local stores have nice enough staff, but the owner of Camping World is not someone with whom I would associate or do business with if it it can be avoided.
Also they no longer cater to small campers or ordinary camping supplies anyway, they are now more of a network of bulgemobile dealers.

They don't want my business and I don't want theirs.
I know many who share my sentiments,
Enough to say...
"maybe somebody still loves Camping World."

Ask the present owners of "Happier Campers" a year from now if they are still "happier"!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:11 PM   #20

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hi Mike,
I hope you're doing well. Congratulations on your son Derek's accomplishments since his startup of Happier Camper. He's come a long way. His Adaptiv™ system is smart like Ikea. I believe partnering with Camping World is the right direction for his vision.

However, keep in mind that this forum attracts a different mindset. We're not the excessive money-earning millennial or mid-life, semi retired check writers to have a box store fill our menu items for fast food fiberglass.

Even if we were, I'd say the majority of this forum are DYIers and those who want to customize their trailer themselves, even if it takes this community of support to figure it out.

I'm sure Camping World will do everything in its power to make this system work for them through their marketing. Maybe Happier Camper will be featured in another camping trip disaster commercial like the chipped windshield one. Derek will will get the exposure he wishes for, and then some.

Hopefully this partnership will be better than Nest, made by Airstream. That was huge!

And just a side note, that was the worst press release ever. Awful. For the birds. Are we being sold into a cool new product or being advised by a board of lawyers? WTF?
Who has half their press release read at the end:

Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 concerning Camping World and other matters. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this press release may be forward-looking statements. Statements about our investments and investment objectives, our expectations regarding market potential, demand for our products, business plans and goals, our plans and our beliefs regarding our competitive position and prospects for the future, are forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terms such as ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘will,’’ ‘‘should,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘could,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘targets,’’ ‘‘projects,’’ ‘‘contemplates,’’ ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘estimates,’’ ‘‘predicts,’’ ‘‘potential’’ or ‘‘continue’’ or the negative of these terms or other similar expressions. The forward-looking statements in this press release are only predictions. We have based these forward-looking statements largely on our current expectations and projections about future events and financial trends that we believe may affect our business, financial condition and results of operations. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. You should carefully consider the risks and uncertainties that affect our business, including those described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including under the caption “Risk Factors” in our Annual Report on Form 10-K filed for the year ended December 31, 2020 with the SEC on February 26, 2021, as updated by our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2021, and our other filings with the SEC. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this communication. Except as required by applicable law, we do not plan to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of any new information, future events or otherwise. You are advised, however, to consult any further disclosures we make on related subjects in our public announcements and filings with the SEC.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper