Happy Fourth, All! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-04-2003, 11:48 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Happy Fourth, All!

I'm in Blanco, TX, now. Actually about ten miles out in the country side, but the address is Blanco. Had a heckuva rain and thunderstorm this morning. When I finally peaked out the door-side awning support post had slipped and the awning was all catty-corner. No damage apparently. I had been trying to cure myself of tightening the knob TOO much and evidently didn't tight it enough. When I first came out I thought the post had dug itself into the ground from the furious rain! And, oh!, the tenacious Texas mud. It has a life of its own.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to the Austin Farmer's Market with my hosts. Their booth is Texas Specialty Cut Flowers, so if any Austonians (?) drop by, it will be fun to meetcha. (I'll be the guy with the camera.) And the flowers will be especially good, too.

Last night was my 46th from home. This trip has definitely given me some insights into the "sustainability" of the Casita lifestyle. I hope to share some of those notes when I finally get home (on the 17th) and can transfer them from my laptop.

By the way, the gray tank seems to take FOREVER to drain. May I assume that everyone has the same problem? I even ramp up the starboard side when draining. That seems to help, but it's a pain when there is someone behind you wanting access to the dump.

I'm stopping at Rice Monday morning on my way to my next stop (the last before home) in Tennessee. Nothing major, but I have a few questions plus a coupla parts to buy (broke both front running lights on gravel roads) and would like to take the factory tour again if possible.

That's it for now. Happy holiday, everybody.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 12:05 PM   #2

We're Austinites!

Robert, get your hosts to steer you to Las Manitas for breakfast/brunch. It's in the 300 (maybe 400) block of Congress Avenue. Very, very good food!

(Alas, a trip into downtown Austin on the morning of July 5th is not in the cards for me.)

Old 07-04-2003, 02:03 PM   #3

Welcome to Texas, Robert. Don't forget to get your visa stamped :wink

Don't know if you saw it on your other post, but there are some mighty good peaches just up the road from you. Stonewall, I believe...is that right Mary? Halfway between Johnson City and Fredrickburg. In fact, there's a road that cuts right over there to them from Blanco.

I think the time is actually next week for the free stone, but not sure.

Good to hear from you. Have a safe continued trip.

Old 07-04-2003, 04:11 PM   #4

If there even are any peaches this year, Suz. Remember that late sleet storm we had in (late) March? Last I heard, what peaches there are, are very expensive. :sad

Old 07-04-2003, 04:17 PM   #5

lots of peaches

not ready yet but lots of peaches between haggerstown and dc
at least they look like peaches from the road
i think the winter that would not end just pushed things back a few weeks

Old 07-04-2003, 08:19 PM   #6

The hail storm....Oh, man. I forgot all about it. I know some people that are going there in a couple of weeks...they should probably call first.

Old 07-05-2003, 06:46 AM   #7

so close!

Wow Robert - you're just about in my back yard, but I have a prior engagement this Saturday morning. Darn!!

Had no idea you were coming to our area. I haven't been diligently reading these forums either, so that's probably why I am so clueless.

Hope you've been enjoying our somewhat rainy weather. It sure beats the blazing heat we usually have on July 4th.

Audrey

Old 07-05-2003, 07:40 AM   #8

>>Tomorrow morning I'm going to the Austin Farmer's Market with my hosts. Their booth is Texas Specialty Cut Flowers, so if any Austonians (?) drop by, it will be fun to meetcha. (I'll be the guy with the camera.) And the flowers will be especially good, too.

There are so many fields of wonderful flowers between there and Fredricksburg. Fields and fields of flowers (aren't some of them seed farms?) I wonder if your hosts are the owners of some of these wonderful fields that I have often admired when I drove by.

If so, thank them for me. Thank them for the awesome sights of acres and acres of blooms!