Have you noticed more RVs on your block? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Over the past couple of months, I have noticed more and more RVs being stored in town, in folks driveways.

At first I just thought it was the summer kick off, and folks were bringing them home to spiff and fix, but I started noticing they never move. Or they do, but are back again after the weekend (Like mine)

On my block alone, 3 more besides mine have been added. These are all older RVs, stored respectfully off the road, in driveways or side yards.

The question came up as to whether these folks bought RVs as a way to save vacation costs, and just haven't arranged for a storage facility yet. I also have been learning, in 2 cases, it is because in the great budget cuts we all are experiencing, they can no longer afford the 110+ a month for a facility.

Has anyone here noticed the same thing happening in their neighborhoods? Is it possible that some developments are going to be more lenient on the RV storage rules to help folks from losing their rigs?

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
PS.. one of the ones that moved in on my street is a T@B. I didn't object too much
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Up here in my end of the woods, more and more RVs are being purchased and used. We live 1 1/2 hrs to nearest City. We also live in a great area for weekend and long term camping.

The price of the big 3/4 and one ton trucks are coming down , so more are being purchased.

I myself will continue to do what i have too to travel and camp. I am not going to let high fuel prices get in my way, but i will be driving much slower.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Chester...Once I could afford to fill up the P.U. when we got home from our "Maiden Voyage" I figured our best mileage @ 19.4 M.P.G. towing on the 401 @ 58-60 M.P.H.
In Brockville Ont. gas was $1.18 ltr. in St. Thomas Ont. $1.24 ltr. in London Ont. $1.34 ltr.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
p.s. I have never seen so many R.V.'s parked throughout the country in rural driveways. Still saw a lot moving east while we were going west on the 401 last week!!! Only 1 Fiberglass unit though.
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote