HC-1 ordered - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #1

Name: September
Trailer: Happier Camper
North Carolina
HC-1 ordered

Hi All,

After about a year of obsessing, we finally ordered a new Happier Camper. I'm so excited - I keep planning where we are going to go this weekend before I remember we don't actually have it yet!

Thanks to everyone for providing me with a free fiberglass camper education. I look forward to meeting some folks at rallies around NC.
Toxdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Good for you!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:16 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations! I feel your excitement. When is the hatching?
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:11 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
congrats September on you new hc1 ,I can tell you from experience not to expect to much alone time as you will be swamped with crowds of people , expect a great time and camping experience.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I sure wish you had it and was coming to a campground near Tennessee! I'd LOVE to see an HC. I've seen so many pics/vids and I follow them on IG. From what I read, you wont find a more enthusiastic manufacturer than HC! (Such a contrast from the old goofball Scamp had doing the orientation with our new Scamp. NEVER AGAIN! )

I'm not sure how I would like that camper for use personally, but you DEFINITELY have to give it an A+ on "originality", open-design, modular..... just plum different! To me, just on first observance, it strikes me as a baby FG "Toy Hauler"

And a BIG "Amen" on what MikMay said!

Hey enjoy and keep us posted. You're the most eastern HC customer I've seen thus far!
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #6

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Congratulations! I feel your excitement. When is the hatching?
Sending the check tomorrow so maybe end of May- just in time for hot summer. It's a good thing we got the AC. I'll have to check my work schedule, but I would love to go to eggs on the outer banks.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #7

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
What kind of configuration did you order? (I know it is flexible, just wondering what units.)

I thought seriously about one of those but then a) I couldn't get a response from the company when I emailed with questions and b) our ferry system lowered the underheight height to 7 foot 2" so it wasn't going to be under any more, and c) I found my Escape. But I really like the concept with the hatchback (though I'd have liked the side door in a different place) and the ability to take everything out and use it empty.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #8

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
What kind of configuration did you order? (I know it is flexible, just wondering what units.)

I thought seriously about one of those but then a) I couldn't get a response from the company when I emailed with questions and b) our ferry system lowered the underheight height to 7 foot 2" so it wasn't going to be under any more, and c) I found my Escape. But I really like the concept with the hatchback (though I'd have liked the side door in a different place) and the ability to take everything out and use it empty.
We got the "Essential" plus a few extra cubes and table top/leg combos. We also added small kitchenette with sink, AC, solar, archaus tent, rear screen, and lift package.

We planned for 3 scenarios. One with all 4 of us: mom and dad on one bed, 2 kids on other bed, and a sink. Another with mom and 2 kids: in megabed or 3 smaller beds. And one with mom and dad and a dinette.

We come from a backpacking background, so we think of the HC-1 as a really cool hard-shelled tent.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #9
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Congratulations!!!!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #10

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Sounds great!
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:51 PM   #11

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Congratulations on the decision to purchase. We are really enjoying ours.
Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:13 PM   #12

Name: Kristen
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1
Colorado
Ohh! I'd love to know how the lift kit works out. We have an HC1 (and LOVE it!) 95% of the time, we don't need any kind of lift or suspension, but there have been one or two times when it would have totally rocked! Do you happen to know - can you get it upgraded with a lift kit after purchase? Mikmay?
Coolbean60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Hello Kristen and thanks for being our 1st costumer and enjoying your HC1. I just talked to Derek and asked him if your axel could be raised as your trailer is one of the first models and he said yes it can. He also said if you could get it to him that he has many other upgrades available now that we're not available at the time you purchased yours.please contact the office for more info. Please note we have moved a couple miles north to Chevey Chase blvd in Atwater village.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote