Headed to visit Parkliner - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #41

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Capital idea Jim, & I did just that via email earlier this morning. Then again, maybe a Lil Snoozy owner might reply with useful info.

Thanks!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #42

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
The problem with current owners information and issues with a new manufacturer can be demonstrated by Parkliner, where the company has the right and will change their product during production so if you want the most up to date and current answer the manufacturer is the best source, if you want information that may not be current, then that of a owner may be of little help to you.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #43

New York
Current info regarding the questions I emailed Lil Snoozy this morning:

1. 4 pin flat connector
2. There is a built in 20' 30 amp connector that is housed in the front of thew camper with a small door to access and pull it out.
3.Standard toilet is a porta potty and optional is A Thedford Cassette toilet that empties into a tank that is accessible out side and to the rear of the camper.

Alan, the prez, said to call if I had other questions. I did, and am very satisfied with the answers received and just the tone of the conversation. Nice to get that kind of response, as I have not had that sort of response with others.

Frank
Old 08-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #44

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
That is the same with Escape, you can call and ask to speak with Reace, the president and builder, he knows everything about his trailers.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #45

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
I too would like to know how many trailers ParkLiner has produced. Seems like a lot of problems for somebody like me who has been watching a while. We were certainly impressed with the one we visited, but because of this thread, have some questions about the Lil Snoozy, like does it have hydraulic brakes? Looks like it does. If so, is it a 5 pin flat rv plug? Do they offer a flush toilet? I can't tell. Is there a 30 amp plug to hook into campground power, & where is it?

Frank
Frank,
The Snoozy has a surge break system.
It now uses the 4 pin rv plug.
Has an option of Thetford cassette toilet.
30 amp plug to hook to campground power.
Plug located in front of trailer.
Factory in South Carolina.

EDIT: Didn't see the factory response.

Here's a photo shoot of mine if you are interested:

http://lilsnoozyclub-com.webs.com/ap...bumid=14699527

And here's some pics from the factory.
Some I took and some BAMA took.

http://lilsnoozyclub-com.webs.com/ap...bumid=14183253
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #46

New York
Boy, what a great bunch of pics Carl! Thanks, you got your act together better than Lil Snoozy's web site!

I like the outside wheel openings, and the Thetford toilet looks like a great idea. I just wonder how much longer I'll be able to lift 40#s of anything. I'm willing to think about it. While I would rather have an indoor shower, I'm willing to think about the outside one. We'll see what the wee lass thinks of that.

How are the surge breaks? Smooth, or are do they "clunk" on start and stop?The ones on my boat trailer are new, but not modern, and they do "clunk" on start and stop, but also work great. Someday maybe I'll spend the big bucks on a new more modern hydraulic coupler.

One of the things I like is I don't have to spend $ and time installing a 7 pin RV connector. It's not much $, but boy, my time is so darn limited.

Thanks again for the response. I appreciate it.

Frank
Old 08-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #47

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I came close to buying a lil snoozy, but the dislikes outweighed the likes. Dont care for the frontal shape and the all electric... I like the layout, the way the bed is setup, very gypsy'ish...I wish more manuf would use the rear door.The all electric is great if your camping in full facility campgrounds. If boondocking you need either alot of solar panels or a generator to keep the batteries topped off.

You need to think clearly of what your needs are and go with it. If ParkLiner is lifting the frame to clear the tire rub issue and moving the batteries to the front forthe venting issue then Frank I think your going to be fine. I dont regret my purchase.

For the people who are in warranty and Chandler isn't reimbursing them (as a few have said they haven't been) A letter from a lawyer will speed that along because unhappy customers will voice their opinion quite a bit and it will turn possible potential customers running. But a company who moves on a problem to satisfy their customer will get some great free advertising!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #48

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
I too would like to know how many trailers ParkLiner has produced. Seems like a lot of problems for somebody like me who has been watching a while. We were certainly impressed with the one we visited, but because of this thread, have some questions about the Lil Snoozy, like does it have hydraulic brakes? Looks like it does. If so, is it a 5 pin flat rv plug? Do they offer a flush toilet? I can't tell. Is there a 30 amp plug to hook into campground power, & where is it?

Frank
Frank I was just there looking at those, it does have a 30 amp plug it come out on the lower right (as your looking at it) front. They explained that it exits there because the generator mount is right there. It is low and off to the right so it would just go back to plug into shore power pole at the campsite. The brakes are surge type like heavy boat trailers have as the TV breaks the pressure sets the trailer brake so no brake controller is used in the TV. I never looked at the pin but I would assume since it doesn’t use a controller it is the flat standard four pin although Alan did mention getting the TV wired to charge the battery while driving was something you could do.
Flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #49

NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Boy, what a great bunch of pics Carl! Thanks, you got your act together better than Lil Snoozy's web site!

I like the outside wheel openings, and the Thetford toilet looks like a great idea. I just wonder how much longer I'll be able to lift 40#s of anything. I'm willing to think about it. While I would rather have an indoor shower, I'm willing to think about the outside one. We'll see what the wee lass thinks of that.

How are the surge breaks? Smooth, or are do they "clunk" on start and stop?The ones on my boat trailer are new, but not modern, and they do "clunk" on start and stop, but also work great. Someday maybe I'll spend the big bucks on a new more modern hydraulic coupler.

One of the things I like is I don't have to spend $ and time installing a 7 pin RV connector. It's not much $, but boy, my time is so darn limited.

Thanks again for the response. I appreciate it.

Frank
You're welcome Frank.
We can only make an informed decision if we have the information
available to us. I'm not pushing the Snoozy, just helping every one
see the bare facts. That's why I took the bed clothes off so everyone
could see what the mattress looks like, etc.

I used to be a truck driver in the '70's and one company I worked for had
a large trailer with surge brakes. They were awful. I always wondered
if they made the brakes themselves.

The Snoozy brakes work just fine on mine. No bumping or pushing.
The Snoozy does sit on a "boat" trailer. They pull better than some other type.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #50

New York
You know Deryk, we were just about sold on the ParkLiner, but I have been overloaded with information. Then I get an email yesterday from someone who just picked one up suggesting I beware. I'm hesitant to post the 7 concerns they outlined to me here, because as far as I know, they're just allegations. Nevertheless, why email me stuff that isn't true? And it was emailed to me from fgrv...

Our primary thing is we want an egg with at least a king bed. Really everything else fades to insignificance. We were tent campers for more than 40 years, and have an impressive camp set-up, including a kitchen tent, Cabela's big camp kitchen, 3 different other self-standing canopies and lots of propane "stuff."

So I don't know. This tire rub issue with ParkLiner, the battery move thing, other stuff, just has me concerned, especially after getting this email from a new owner yesterday. I turned around 1st thing this morning and emailed ParkLiner laying out these 7 points, and have not yet had them get back to me. It's too bad, as we really like the basic trailer. I don't know what to do.

Frank
Old 08-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #51

NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I came close to buying a lil snoozy, but the dislikes outweighed the likes. Dont care for the frontal shape and the all electric... I like the layout, the way the bed is setup, very gypsy'ish...I wish more manuf would use the rear door.The all electric is great if your camping in full facility campgrounds. If boondocking you need either alot of solar panels or a generator to keep the batteries topped off.

You need to think clearly of what your needs are and go with it. If ParkLiner is lifting the frame to clear the tire rub issue and moving the batteries to the front forthe venting issue then Frank I think your going to be fine. I dont regret my purchase.

For the people who are in warranty and Chandler isn't reimbursing them (as a few have said they haven't been) A letter from a lawyer will speed that along because unhappy customers will voice their opinion quite a bit and it will turn possible potential customers running. But a company who moves on a problem to satisfy their customer will get some great free advertising!
You're right Deryk.
For the reasons you didn't buy one is the reason I bought one........LOL
I don't plan on any boon docking and will most likely do all my camping
in some type park. Which is what I've done so far.

I never liked the back door, but once I saw how it changes the dynamic,
if I were building one, I would use the back door approach.

We can only recommend those looking to make their lists of what their
needs are and what works for them and then find the tt that fits the bill.

I'm glad you enjoy yours. I wish I could enjoy mine a little more.
But that day is coming.......LOL
Old 08-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #52

NE Oklahoma
Quote:
You know Deryk, we were just about sold on the ParkLiner, but I have been overloaded with information. Then I get an email yesterday from someone who just picked one up suggesting I beware. I'm hesitant to post the 7 concerns they outlined to me here, because as far as I know, they're just allegations. Nevertheless, why email me stuff that isn't true? And it was emailed to me from fgrv...

Our primary thing is we want an egg with at least a king bed. Really everything else fades to insignificance. We were tent campers for more than 40 years, and have an impressive camp set-up, including a kitchen tent, Cabela's big camp kitchen, 3 different other self-standing canopies and lots of propane "stuff."

So I don't know. This tire rub issue with ParkLiner, the battery move thing, other stuff, just has me concerned, especially after getting this email from a new owner yesterday. I turned around 1st thing this morning and emailed ParkLiner laying out these 7 points, and have not yet had them get back to me. It's too bad, as we really like the basic trailer. I don't know what to do.

Frank
Lil Snoozy can fix you up with a King bed, but it would be at the expense
of some of the other things. But looks like your setup would take care of that.

Seems you more or less just need the bed and the toilet........LOL

You can order just the shell or shell with toilet and build everything else
to suit yourself. That's pretty much what Denny Wolfe did.

http://wanderingourway.wordpress.com/about-the-trailer/
Old 08-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #53

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flharleycop View Post
Frank I was just there looking at those, it does have a 30 amp plug it come out on the lower right (as your looking at it) front. They explained that it exits there because the generator mount is right there. It is low and off to the right so it would just go back to plug into shore power pole at the campsite. The brakes are surge type like heavy boat trailers have as the TV breaks the pressure sets the trailer brake so no brake controller is used in the TV. I never looked at the pin but I would assume since it doesn’t use a controller it is the flat standard four pin although Alan did mention getting the TV wired to charge the battery while driving was something you could do.
Keith, I would know how to do that extra wire. I could do it independent of the existing flat 4 plugs or install a 5 pin flat on both, which is probably what I would do. Thanks!

Frank
Old 08-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #54

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
The Snoozy brakes work just fine on mine. No bumping or pushing. The Snoozy does sit on a "boat" trailer. They pull better than some other type.
That's very interesting Carl (the boat trailer thing), and a great idea for a new manufacturer making one size of fg rv. Tell me, do the frame rails have holes to move the axle front or back? Many boat trailers do - mine always have.

Hmmmm....

Frank
Old 08-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #55

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Frank could you post that message you got... cut out the persons name but I would like to see what they said. Someone who bought the prototype ParkLiner after selling it posted alot of negatives that my #003 didn't have those problems.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #56

New York
Quote:
You're right Deryk.
For the reasons you didn't buy one is the reason I bought one........LOL
I don't plan on any boon docking and will most likely do all my camping
in some type park. Which is what I've done so far.
We're not boon dockers either.

Frank
Old 08-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #57

Florida
Quote:
Frank,
The Snoozy has a surge break system.
It now uses the 4 pin rv plug.
Has an option of Thetford cassette toilet.
30 amp plug to hook to campground power.
Plug located in front of trailer.
Factory in South Carolina.

EDIT: Didn't see the factory response.

Here's a photo shoot of mine if you are interested:

Backyard Photo Shoot

And here's some pics from the factory.
Some I took and some BAMA took.

SNOOZY TOWN FACTORY
Great pics those really show the unit. Did you let them know about the crack you showed in one of the pictures? If so what did they say?
Old 08-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #58

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Frank could you post that message you got... cut out the persons name but I would like to see what they said. Someone who bought the prototype ParkLiner after selling it posted alot of negatives that my #003 didn't have those problems.
Okay, but I'm not positing the email, just the points that were raised. Actually I copied this from the email I sent ParkLiner:

1. Batteries have been moved outside and wedged between the propane tanks with terminal & wiring exposed to the elements?

2. There is only 1" of clearance between the tire & wheel well?

(I really don't understand why this problem isn't taken care of with the mold. I have at least 2" of clearance with my Sunline, which by the way, just got sold).

3. They said refrigerator lines were hanging down and the workers jacked & jammed it up into the undercarriage?

4. Tow chains were too short?

5. Rear taillight unit & the thermostat were both bad? This stuff isn't checked before a customer comes in?

6. Divider between the electrical panel & storage area is made of cardboard?

7. Stabilizer for the table extension is a plain 2X4?

I don't know what to think Cameron. Are these all lies or 1/2 truths? Why souls someone anonymously email me stuff like this? It really just leads to more questions. Please understand I am NOT just trying to give you a hard time, it's just I have no clue as to what is going on with the company.

Good luck!

Frank
Old 08-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #59

NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flharleycop View Post
Great pics those really show the unit. Did you let them know about the crack you showed in one of the pictures? If so what did they say?
No, I didn't tell them as it was superficial and such and easy fix.
I got some boat repair at Walmart, scuffed it up, dabbed the stuff
from the tube, and now you can't tell where it was at.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #60

Florida
Quote:
No, I didn't tell them as it was superficial and such and easy fix.
I got some boat repair at Walmart, scuffed it up, dabbed the stuff
from the tube, and now you can't tell where it was at.
Okay thanks, they went over the process they use for the glass and being from a boating area and always owning one. The process they showed seemed like it was better than what my experience is, they said it doesn’t bubble and no loose matting etc. It seems like a nice process for the glass that is why I asked, just think if it was covered in fur you would never know….. yuk.

Tags
parkliner