Headed to visit Parkliner - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #81

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Just for grins & giggles, we're gonna run 10 miles south today and check out a new Livin Lite 13QBB at Boat N RV Warehouse...

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #82

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Just for grins & giggles, we're gonna run 10 miles south today and check out a new Livin Lite 13QBB at Boat N RV Warehouse...

Frank
here is a link Camplite 13QBB Gallery | Livin' Lite RV
Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #83

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
Thanks! Already checked that page out. Thought it was cool the 2nd pic shows it being towed with a tug that looks just like the Outback we have up for sale. The Escape we just bought has lots more power. I still think I'd rather have an egg, but these folks are literally just down the road, nice thought if ya needed warranty work.

Frank
Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #84

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Only problem there is Escapes are made in western Canada. That's a long, long ways away.

Frank
Hey, picking one up makes the start of a great trip! 2011 Cross Country Trip.

Seriously, there are quite a few scattered around the east and it has been a wonderful trailer. I've shown my 17B a number of times. While not everyone has posted a location, here is the Owner's Map.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #85

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Hey, picking one up makes the start of a great trip! 2011 Cross Country Trip.

Seriously, there are quite a few scattered around the east and it has been a wonderful trailer. I've shown my 17B a number of times. While not everyone has posted a location, here is the Owner's Map.
I get 3 weeks vacation per year, and would blow it all on a trip like that! Can't do that. I figure to buy a Lil Snoozy or ParkLiner from the factory would take at least 3 vacation days and they're both a day's drive away. I'm willing to do that!

Frank
Old 08-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #86

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Frank, Escape regularly delivers out east. That could be a time saving option. Bottom line though, is you have to be fully happy with what you get, and it needs to work for your camping style.

I have never seen a Parkliner or Snoozy in person, but sure would like too. Not too keen on the look of the Snoozy or the lack of propane, but despite the Parkliners woes of late, I do really like the layout for its size.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #87

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Frank, Escape regularly delivers out east. That could be a time saving option. Bottom line though, is you have to be fully happy with what you get, and it needs to work for your camping style.

I have never seen a Parkliner or Snoozy in person, but sure would like too. Not too keen on the look of the Snoozy or the lack of propane, but despite the Parkliners woes of late, I do really like the layout for its size.
I'm sure they do Jim, seems I've heard that before. I can't rationalize paying shipping on top of the cost of a new trailer. Just thinking about a new trailer makes me worry about affordability enough! Something a day's drive though is different. Or something that is serviced 10 miles down the road from us is attractive too, but it's not an egg.

Thanks!

Frank
Old 08-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #88

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Frank... on the Livin Lite designs...
My wife and i were leaning heavily toward the 16 footer (an easy tow behind our chevy 1500 awd van). Really like the idea of all-one-material (aluminum) and the interior was quite nice. BUT. The salesman talked us right out of buying one quite accidentally... He said he and a couple buddies took one out on a hunting trip, it was early fall in Oregon, temps in mid 60's and he said it was like living in a tuna can and dripped condensation from the ceiling with the three adults in there. That comment sealed its fate for Cari & I.

Happy Ponderings,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #89

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
My wife and i were leaning heavily toward the 16 footer (an easy tow behind our chevy 1500 awd van). Really like the idea of all-one-material (aluminum) and the interior was quite nice. BUT. The salesman talked us right out of buying one quite accidentally... He said he and a couple buddies took one out on a hunting trip, it was early fall in Oregon, temps in mid 60's and he said it was like living in a tuna can and dripped condensation from the ceiling with the three adults in there. That comment sealed its fate for Cari & I.

Happy Ponderings,
Thom
Gee, no ventilation?!? Heavy duty!

Frank
Old 08-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #90

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post

Happy Ponderings,
Thom
LOL.
I was just getting ready to say I like the 14DB model.
But I've had a pickup camper that dripped all over me and did not like it at all.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #91

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Cari & I were in the same model used by the salesman and his two friends. It had the standard (nice!) dometic hinge-at-top opening windows with built in screens/shades and one roof mounted fantastic fan. He said that on their trip even with windows open and fan going there were times when the condensation was noticeable. I honestly liked the units and floor plans, but since we do all our camping in nearly identical conditions (mid 60's / ~80+ humidity) we took his tale as an omen... And here we are... talking to fellow EggHeads
Old 08-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #92

NE Oklahoma

I like the comradery of the EggHeads as you call it.............LOL
Old 08-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #93

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post

I like the comradery of the EggHeads as you call it.............LOL
Agreed.
I've found that at the end of the day (of mingling at FGRV), all the Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge vs (Scamp/Casita/etc...) ... simply melts away and we can all enjoy the campfire and the "Comradery" as you mentioned.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #94

Name: chris
Trailer: currently shopping
North Carolina
I looked at several different campers me and my wife purchased a used park liner we love the extra storage and the queen bed. We do most of our camping in the mountains of North Carolina and have no need for ac or the refrigerator we went to the coast last week on vacation and I had a question about the refrigerator and called park liner I talked with Cameron and he told me that he would have someone contact me about 1 hour later Chandler called me back and answered my question. I know that they are a small company but I couldn't be more happier with our investment we love it.
chris ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #95

NE Oklahoma
Congrats Chris................making memories.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #96

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
So Keith - how is that decision-making thing going for you? Narrowed down your choices any further? Cooler fall weather is on the way. It's time to get off the fence and get camping!

As soon as we fully understand the intricacies of some electrical modifications made by a previous owner to our new-to-us little egg, including three deep-cycle 12V batteries wired in parallel driving an additional 1000W AC inverter(!), we're ready to hit the road. Anyone have any ideas what we should do with that extra 1000W of AC power? Maybe put in a tanning bed or host a small Rolling Stones concert?

Hope to run into you (so to speak!) out there somewhere soon. Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #97

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
So Keith - how is that decision-making thing going for you? Narrowed down your choices any further? Cooler fall weather is on the way. It's time to get off the fence and get camping!

As soon as we fully understand the intricacies of some electrical modifications made by a previous owner to our new-to-us little egg, including three deep-cycle 12V batteries wired in parallel driving an additional 1000W AC inverter(!), we're ready to hit the road. Anyone have any ideas what we should do with that extra 1000W of AC power? Maybe put in a tanning bed or host a small Rolling Stones concert?

Hope to run into you (so to speak!) out there somewhere soon. Dale
No I am still on the fence, I like the Lil Snoozy so far but my wife seems to lean to Casita or Scamp. I have seen them all but she hasn’t seen the Snoozy so I maybe making another trip to NC unless I find a LS near South Florida.
Flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #98

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Keith, I don't mean to always be the bearer of bad tidings, but have you checked out the "spongy floor" issue with Casitas that have been treated roughly - even unintentionally on rough roads? In a nutshell, as I understand it from the forum posts of others, the fiberglass seal covering the wood flooring can crack for whatever reason (hitting a big pothole, etc.), water from wherever (shower splash, etc.) can then seep through the crack and into the wood flooring, the water can't get back out, and the affected area of the wood flooring deteriorates (rots) over time. When you step on the affected area, the floor feels spongy. So if/when you feel a spongy floor, chances are the wood flooring underneath is deteriorating. It's rare, but a headache if it happens to you. It's worth a quick web/forum search just so you're aware of it whether you're concerned about it or not.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #99

Colorado
I should have added that thousands of happy Casita owners will likely tell you that if you buy the camper new and take good care of it, the wood subfloor is no problem at all. Folks are just saying that it's something to inspect if/when considering buying a used camper with unknown history.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #100

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Keith, I don't mean to always be the bearer of bad tidings, but have you checked out the "spongy floor" issue with Casitas that have been treated roughly - even unintentionally on rough roads? In a nutshell, as I understand it from the forum posts of others, the fiberglass seal covering the wood flooring can crack for whatever reason (hitting a big pothole, etc.), water from wherever (shower splash, etc.) can then seep through the crack and into the wood flooring, the water can't get back out, and the affected area of the wood flooring deteriorates (rots) over time. When you step on the affected area, the floor feels spongy. So if/when you feel a spongy floor, chances are the wood flooring underneath is deteriorating. It's rare, but a headache if it happens to you. It's worth a quick web/forum search just so you're aware of it whether you're concerned about it or not.
Thanks for the info
Flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner