Helio camper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2020, 06:57 AM   #21

Name: Linda
Trailer: Helio O2
Pennsylvania
We have one...

Just picked up our Helio O2 two weeks ago. Tow with 2018 Subaru Outback base model. We are near Reading PA. Any other Helio owners who would like to chat or camp let us know. We had an Aliner Scout for 12 years, an Aliner 400 2004 , and a 1963 Apache Eagle. Not sure how to post a pic here....
warlinda94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:15 AM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Helio camper

I believe one or two other O2 owners have posted recently. Try the “site search/google” option at the bottom of the search menu on “Helio O2” to find the posts. You can connect directly with the owners using the private message system if desired (click on the user name in any post to get a private message option).

To post a picture, look for the paper clip icon. If you don’t see it, click “go advanced.” After you choose the picture(s) and click “upload,” wait for the upload to complete before posting. It can take a while.

Welcome, and congratulations on your new trailer!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:27 PM   #23

Name: John
Trailer: Burro, HELIO
Washington
Registry
Thank you Jon!

John
John Colangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #24

Washington
Registry
Hello!!! John in Seattle, I just bought a 2020 O3!
Let’s connect!

John
Old 06-20-2020, 06:23 PM   #25

Pennsylvania
Helio reply

Great! Have you camped in it yet? We got an awning, Haskita. Works pretty good with 3 suction cups. We also got a lithium battery 50 amp from Gowesty.com out of CA. Pretty reasonable price. We are going out 6/28- 7/3 in NY State Letchworth SP. Everything worked great first time out. Friend me on FB.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:24 PM   #26

Pennsylvania
Thanks ��
Old 06-21-2020, 01:23 AM   #27

Washington
Registry
There are YouTube videos available and you can go to HELIORV.com

There is also a Facebook page: Helio RV Trailers Group

John
Old 06-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #28

Washington
Registry
Tell me more about your awning? Does it slide into the track on the side of the HELIO?

John
Old 06-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #29

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Please note that the Helio is not a molded fiberglass trailer. It is constructed of panels of insulation that have fiberglass material bonded to them. Then those panels are joined together and gel coat is sprayed onto that structure.

Two very different methods of construction. The method this forum is focused on is molded fiberglass where strands of fiberglass and resin are sprayed inside of a form that first has a layer of gel coat sprayed inside of it. After curing the shell is then removed from the mold.

This forum is focused on molded fiberglass trailers rather than panelized construction methods. The Helio is a nice looking trailer, this is just a reminder that a Helio is not made the same way as the molded fiberglass Casitas, Bigfoot, Scamps, Bolers, etc.

Apples and strawberries both classified as fruits but not the same. The same applies to panellized monocoupe and molded monocoupe, both are trailers that use fiberglass but they are not the same thing.

The Helio has more in common structurally speaking with a T@B trailer than it does with a Casita.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:10 AM   #30

Washington
Registry
I started a HELIO owners page on Facebook if you want to look for it. I love my HELIO O3. I bought it this past Spring 2020 in Salem, OR. I live in Seattle.

John
Old 07-21-2023, 11:03 AM   #31

Name: Parker
Trailer: Shopping
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceInPA View Post
My husband and I bought our first RV last October, a new 2019 Helio O2, and only managed to take 2 short trips before winter began, but we love it so far. We visited two PA State parks and stayed in full hook up sites. We chose the Helio after looking at a lot of other options (we attended our first Hershey RV Show). Helio does not sell an A/C unit, but placing one in ourselves will be very easy, come summer. The vented, floor level cabinet designated for the AC has an outlet built into it. There are some YouTube videos (search Helio) made by the dealer from which we purchased our, Beckley’s in PA, that will give you a better idea of the product than photos alone. Beckley’s, which also has a MD location, is only one of 2 Helio dealers in the US, I believe. I love the very minimal and clean design and the lack of a TV is perfect for us. The ceiling is high enough for my husband to stand up straight in the shower (he’s 5’10”) and it is light enough to tow with our Subaru Outback (we don’t currently own a truck). I’ll try to answer any of your questions.
Are you still happy with your RV? After doing a lot of reading we had settled on NuCamp but there’s an interesting looking Helio at a local dealer that has caught my eye. I don’t want to get it if they’re known to have issues, but I can’t find a lot of reviews positive or negative, so I’d love to hear your opinion.
Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:31 PM   #32

Name: Grace
Trailer: Helio
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks View Post
Are you still happy with your RV? After doing a lot of reading we had settled on NuCamp but there’s an interesting looking Helio at a local dealer that has caught my eye. I don’t want to get it if they’re known to have issues, but I can’t find a lot of reviews positive or negative, so I’d love to hear your opinion.
Yes, we are still very happy with our Hélio! We have not had any problems with it. We still tow it with our Subaru Outback, and that’s been good for our use pattern. We don’t take our Hélio on long distance, extended trips, so folks who do might have a different opinion about their Hélio. We generally take about 8 or so short trips a year, 2-4 nights long. We camp at state parks in PA and MD and private campgrounds at the Jersey shore. We also love to camp on our friends’ driveways (way better than staying in their guest room). We added a Thule roof box as part of our regular camping gear, and we like that a lot too. No leaks. No breaking, degrading, or failure of any interior or exterior materials, fixtures, appliances or systems. My husband and I do take very good care of it and it is stored indoors, which are likely factors in how well it is wearing.
GraceInPA is offline   Reply With Quote