HELIO Fiberglass RV Owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Burro, HELIO
Washington
Registry
Post HELIO Fiberglass RV Owners

There is a new Canadian Fiberglass RV maker, the HELIO. I live in Seattle and I just now bought a HELIO O3 model. Their website is HELIORV.COM, I am really enjoying my new fiberglass RV! It weighs 1560 pounds. I am attaching a photo. Can I start a forum for HELIO owners?
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 6.10.11 PM.jpg  

John
John Colangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #2

Washington
Registry
@heliorvowners page on Facebook created also.

John
Old 06-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #3

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
This review of the Helio gives a lot more information about the build of the trailer and its structure that is given on the Helio website.

The Helio is NOT a molded fiberglass trailer it is made up of a series of panels that have a fiberglass skin applied to them that are then connected with fiberglass cloth and a gel coat is then applied to the outer surface. So not the type of fiberglass construction method that this forum is focused on. This trailer is not created by spraying resin and fibers into a mold form.

From the article below which include a description of what the structure of this trailer actually is:
"Shell: Monocoque, vacuum-bonded fiberglass sandwich w/EPP insulation"

https://www.pop-up-campers-trailer.c...l-trailer.html

I understand that is is quite confusing to see the word fiberglass and then conclude that all fiberglass trailers are the same thing and made in the same way. This does appear to be a nice little travel trailer but it is not the same type of construction method as the Casitas, Scamps, Bigfoot, Trillium, Bolers etc that are created using a mold.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:59 PM   #4

Washington
Registry
With all due respect, the name of this forum is not "MOLDED FIBERGLASS RVs". It's a forum for all types of RVs that are made of fiberglass. We have to be open to progress and newer types of RVs. I don't recall there were constraints placed upon fiberglass RVs that were not entirely "molded". This is just a way to use reinforced materials and fiberglass.

The link that was attached was very useful and did contain components that were indeed created out of molded fiberglass. VERY INFORMATIVE. Thanks for sharing!

I enjoy emerging technologies and enjoy learning about the past, present, and future. I've owned both a Casita and a Burro (enjoyed both of them), this RV though lured me in with very modern design elements.

I'm very glad there are all types of ideas and opinions and I don't want anyone to think that they can't participate if their RV isn't manufactured a certain way.

Thanks!

John