Hello! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Hello out there!!
I hope everybody is having a great summer so far! Things have been moving along slow and steady with our trailer. Had several opportunities to take her out before it got too hot, including the Old Settlers Music Fest, and the Kerrville Folk Fest.

Our plans to move to the old house in TN were halted after several visits up to the house, and finding too many problems with it. We were just out there last week and discovered plumbing issues, leaky roof, and other unpleasant surprises. So the good news is, rather than dump our savings into the old house, we have reverted back to our original plan to pack up a pod next summer, set up the trailer, and hit the road for the Pacific NW!! (can you tell I'm excited?)

We still have some more updates to make on the trailer, including installing a 3 way fridge, the upper storage cabinets we found a while back, and the 2 way vent fan in the roof, awning, tongue box, adding another battery and getting more organized for being on the road.
I will continue to post photo's as we make more upgrades to the trailer.

I hope ya'll are out there having a good time this summer!
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #2

Unhappy

Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi April, you originally posted while I (and a bunch of people) were right in the midst of the Oregon Gathering. Sorry I missed the post, it didn't take much time for it to drop down the list.

Sorry to hear the TN house didn't work out, but when one door closes another opens... or is that a window

At any rate, if you hit the PNW, give us a shout... I'd love to meet you. Keep in mind the FOUR gatherings that go on here in Oregon and Washington too!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #4

Thanks Donna, I am looking forward to being in the PNW and getting to camp around in our trailer for a while, which was the motivating factor for buying this trailer in the first place. We will be taking a slow rout through the central U.S. passing through NM, Southern CO, Northern AZ, Southern UT (Zion), and making our way to OR through NV. It is turning out to be a much more exciting plan. Honestly, I have no bad feelings about changing directions again, as OR has been calling me for a while now. As soon as this heat lets up, we plan to make more mods to the trailer, so I am looking forward to that as well. I hope you have a great summer, what is left of it for you guys up there. I have been watching the Hood River forcast closely, and have been a bit jealous of the night time lows. Thanks for the reply!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hiya April,

I didn't see your post before either - glad you gave it a bump!

I've missed your postings and it's nice to hear from you again.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Lol, missed this because we had just taken off to our week long stay put camping stay. We did a bit of a detour through Washington state on our way to Yellowstone in June but we have decided that next year our 2 week road trip is to Oregon and North Cali - just keep hearing about how nice it is.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #7

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Hi April, I was following along with your adventures and was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Sorry about the house but glad to hear you've decided to head our way. Many of us just wrapped up the annual Oregon gathering last week and are still pretty pooped. Next campout is in October. I think you'll like it up here, lotsa beautiful parks to camp in, and like Donna said, keep an eye on the upcoming events 'cause there's always something goin on up here.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:30 AM   #8

for the well wishes, I'm glad so many folks are out camping!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pacific North West area, it always feels like home when I visit. Can't wait for next summer to roll around! We have already started getting our packing plans in motion. Right now it's a matter of shedding a few layers of stuff we don't really need. I enjoy this process as well, going through all my boxes that have been piled up in the closets for the last few years,waiting for the next move, walking down memory lane, and throwing out things we just don't need anymore. Very cleansing! Our trailer will get more of the much needed attention that we had originally planned to give it as well. I look forward to being able to meet many of you on the west coast.