Hello - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
Ter

Name: Theresa
Trailer: Shopping
Arizona
Thumbs up Hello

Hello new to site. I hope to someday be a scamp owner🙏...been searching many sites and RV dealers looking for a 16 layout 4. Before I give in to a new one—-does anyone have any suggestion About where else I could be looking?? THANKS all of you lucky Scamp Campers
Ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Theresa!

Have you found fiberglass-rv-4sale.com? It collects Craigslist, Kijii, and eBay listings from across North America, as well as direct owner listings. Does a good job of filtering out all the scams.

You can also set up your own Craigslist search on SearchTempest.com, but then you have to do the filtering.

Not easy to score one, and this is a slow time of year. They do come up every now and then.

Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
Ter

Arizona
Thanks for the info. I will try that
Old 01-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #4

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Scamp search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ter View Post
Hello new to site. I hope to someday be a scamp owner🙏...been searching many sites and RV dealers looking for a 16 layout 4. Before I give in to a new one—-does anyone have any suggestion About where else I could be looking?? THANKS all of you lucky Scamp Campers
At The prices people pay for a used one, buying new is a good idea, especially if you want a specific floor plan. There was a several months waiting list at Scamp when I got mine. If you think you may end up buying new, give them a call now and get the packet of information along with the price list. They will not give you the "hard sell". Well maintained Fifteen-year-old Scamps are selling for about what they sold for new. Plus, you will get a 3500-mile road trip when you pick it up!
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
At The prices people pay for a used one, buying new is a good idea, especially if you want a specific floor plan. There was a several months waiting list at Scamp when I got mine. If you think you may end up buying new, give them a call now and get the packet of information along with the price list. They will not give you the "hard sell". Well maintained Fifteen-year-old Scamps are selling for about what they sold for new. Plus, you will get a 3500-mile road trip when you pick it up!
Plus warranties. Scamp 1 for their part. Appliances 2 to 3 years. At least this was the case when I bought mine. 2006
Old 01-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #6
Ter

Arizona
Thanks fir replying. Good info to think sbout