Hello Thanks to All - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
LLN

Name: Linda
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 2010
Pennsylvania
Registry
Smile Hello Thanks to All

Hello, I am Linda and about (20 Oct) to drive to Minnesota to pick up my first ever travel trailer, a Scamp 13 ft. I found your website to be the best and most informative of any on the internet. Thank you all for the detail, the information and the help you give everybody. I look forward to a new chapter in my life with the Scamp. Towing with a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (LW so hopefully this will work for awhile to get me started. It is me and two Golden Retrievers. I have done a fair amount of off-road travel after retiring from the military. Just can't do tents anymore although I love them--old Army. I have learned so much by tuning in and reading what you have to say to one another. Hopefully, I can join one of your events one of these days. Live in central PA.
LLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Welcome, Linda! Congratulations on your new adventure(s). We look forward to hearing about your camping experiences, and when you get it, of course, we'd love to have a pic of your rig!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Welcome Linda, we bought a new 13" Scamp in 2007 and picked it up about this time of year. You will be extremely pleased with the Scamp and will find it is a very reliable and flexible small trailer. If you have the time, spend a few days close to Bacus which will allow you to return to the factory to have anything tweaked, fixed, or adjusted. Chances are pretty good that all will be good but you never can tell.
Hope you enjoy your Scamp as much as we have, be prepared to have "visitors" who will be quite impressed and amazed at the room and utility of this little jewel. Good luck, Ron

PS- sounds to me like you have a great tow vehicle in your Jeep!!!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Linda - You are going to LOVE your Scamp. We had an 1983 13' that we just traded up to a 17' Casita, but had many wonderful adventures with our little Scamp. Welcome to the wonderful world of fiberglass trailers - a great bunch of people (and their 4-legged friends)
Marsha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Congrats, Linda! The wife and I were saving money for a new Scamp when we happened upon a used one that was too good of a deal to pass up. I didn't really want to spend a lot of time fixing it up, but here I am doing it! We're taking our first real camping trip this weekend. Our first outing was to Gettysburg, where my in-laws live. We "camped" in their driveway, since their guest room is occupied for a while.

I think you and the dogs will enjoy it... my German Shepherd is dying to go somewhere in the Scamp. She took to it like it was her own apartment! It's hard to travel in a subcompact car with me, the wife, a baby, and an 80 pound Shepherd, though...
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Whoo-congratulations!

Hi Linda! We'll add our welcome to this group of FGRV-nuts. We were also lucky enough to find this site and learn quite a bit before buying a new-to-us 1993 Scamp 13. We full-timed in that wonderful trailer for nearly 4 years and just recently upgraded to a 16ft with bath.

We enjoyed every minute and every mile in our 13 and we wish you safe journeys and many, many happy memories. Good advice to camp near the factory for a few days in case there are any 'issues' that need attention.

Happy camping - L 'n D
Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #7

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Welcome aboard! They say there are things to see in Bacus but whenever we picked up our trailers it was the dead of winter or we needed to be somewhere with it.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Welcome to the world of Scamps Linda! Hope you enjoy your trailer as much as I enjoy using mine.

As a female who traveled with a large dog heres a great tip another trailer owner passed onto me that I found worked great and I wish I had thought of sooner. Pick up a few power lock suction type hooks to put on the outside of the trailer by the door for hanging wet dog towels and leashes etc. while camping. The Container Store > Power Lock Hooks
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #9

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Those are great. I found them at Menards and Wal-Mart (bathroom section). I didn't want to drill holes or still that double back tape stuff. If these fall off while traveling you just stick them back on. I usually take heavy things off because it's going to end up that way anyway.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #10

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
North Dakota
Registry
Welcome! I am new here as well and love my Scamp 16'. I have had it 7 days and am headed out again tomorrow for my second trip. You will love your egg!
2005 Chevrolet Extended Cab Silverado
Tezha is offline   Reply With Quote