Help with comparison - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #1

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Looking for Bigfoot or escape
British Columbia
Help with comparison

Hi new here

I'm looking at getting a fiberglass trailer, and I'm trying to understand at least the difference between the Bigfoot trailer and the escape trailer. Living in BC there are at least on the surface seem to be more options to buy these trailers. With the exchange rate as it stands a lot of the other brands that I see used are located in the US and it's just not economically feasible to spend an extra 30% of a mark-up on a used trailer

That being said. Other than the Bigfoot trailers being closer to a for season trailer compared to the escape trailers. Can anyone tell me out direct me to a place that will show me some of these major differences?

I also ask because it seems like you can get a 8-10 year old newer escape trailer (used) for the same price as an older Bigfoot trailer.

Ie. Escape trailer 2000
Bigfoot trailer 1990.

I'm hoping for a 17footer but not opposed to a 19 footer either...

Hope that question is clear as mud.

Thanks
dZtRailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Not sure of a place that will show you, but you may find members on this site (including me) who would show you their trailers, if you happen to be in their area this spring. I think a LOT, probably 90%, comes down to which trailer you prefer. If you're like most of us, $ certainly matters, but once you find what you actually want, suddenly getting what you want matters more than the cost, within reason.

Get out and see an Escape, inside, then a Bigfoot. They are very different trailers. Bigfoot trailers are much bigger and spacious. That's great but may not actually matter that much to you. Bigfoots are pretty unique in the fiberglass trailer world. If you want the more egg-shape trailer, not much reason to consider a Bigfoot.

They're both really good trailers. Both are perfectly acceptable for 3 season camping (people winter camp in everything from Scamp to Casita to tents).
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:19 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Dennis, I believe that the Bigfoot trailers are wider than the Escape trailers, so you would have more wind drag and need extension mirrors, plus they are heavier. What are you planning on pulling it with?
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You need towing mirrors with the Escape too, if you want to comply with motor vehicle act.
And, they are to be non-distorting.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #5

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Extensions are definitely a huge plus with my Bigfoot. My narrow little Tacoma makes it hard to see around the trailer even with them. Bigfoot trailers are 8' wide. It's really nice when you're hanging out inside. But it also makes a big difference in wind resistance and visibility towing.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #6

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
When they changed from 17 foot to 17.5 the weight went up considerable my 17 foot loaded comes in around 3000 pounds add about 1000 or more for the 17.5 Bigfoot.

The width is a big factor for Bigfoot and the reason I bought it does not sound like much but makes a difference.

Escape is also a really nice trailer as are the rest mostly it comes down to what one's preferences are. There is an Egg rally in Hope BC coming up June13-14-15 if your close you might consider driving out and having a look at trailers.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote