Hitch Hotel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2021, 04:43 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Hitch Hotel

Is this what it's coming to? LOL! https://www.startengine.com/hitch-ho...9rdfhZzEQKTAGQ
Attached Thumbnails
Hitch Hotel.jpg  
Old 04-01-2021, 06:42 AM   #2

Name: You can't call me Al
Trailer: SOLD: 1977 Scamp 13'
Massachusetts
I bet that's perfect for some people.
AlanKilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:25 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
A really good idea for those with limited tow capacity who want a trailer. Kinda limited in features though, but probably handier than a tent.

www.hitchhotel.com
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:27 AM   #4

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanKilian View Post
I bet that's perfect for some people.
Would have been great to tow behind my Datsun 2000 two seater when I was 16 years old for dates. A two seater was fun for racing around the rural roads while sliding through the turns, but it did have it's drawbacks for dating. Thinking about it now, I don't think my girl friends parents would have allowed them to leave the house with me towing my own bedroom. The sports car was worrisome enough for most parents.
I would have been more prudent to have owned a Rambler station wagon or a used hearse.
Hindsight!
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:58 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Extremely poor aerodynamics, lots of leak points, and squirrelly to back.

This. It’s even pleasant to look at.

Name:   6A4912B6-3B8A-41D9-BB4E-2B3C0E433924.jpeg
Views: 96
Size:  12.4 KB
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:34 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
Would have been great to tow behind my Datsun 2000 two seater when I was 16 years old for dates. A two seater was fun for racing around the rural roads while sliding through the turns, but it did have it's drawbacks for dating. Thinking about it now, I don't think my girl friends parents would have allowed them to leave the house with me towing my own bedroom. The sports car was worrisome enough for most parents.
I would have been more prudent to have owned a Rambler station wagon or a used hearse.
Hindsight!
Two words
Big Buick
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #7

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
Back when I was a teenager I started to buy a old hearse, the current owner wouldn't sell it to a teenager. I wonder why. I already had a oldsmobile and a 72 T-bird.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:19 PM   #8

Iowa
A guy who worked for me had a low milage hearse he drove to work each day. I had several citizen calls over the years as to why a hearse was parked in the parking lot at Ellis park. I always got A charge out of Jesse when he would bring some boards into work to use the planer. He would laugh and say “Those rollers are nice for unloading”. His lady friend ran the senior citizen program and he would stop to see her on his way home some nights. The old guys would joke with him about making a house call for a “pick up.” The sad thing was when he died after work one afternoon at 54 years old. Heart defect.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #9

Pennsylvania
Registry
A hearse would have been so much more suitable for my needs. I could have easily transported my music gear. It was a tight squeeze to load instruments, amplifiers, mic stands e.t.c. for gigs into a Datsun 2000 or to carry my music gear plus less important belongings like cloths when heading off 500 miles to college. Not even mentioning the convenience provided for female friends.
My parents hated the Datsun, they would have likely held even less enthusiasm for a hearse. But I could have probably pulled off a Rambler Station Wagon with less parental grief.
MEMORIES from a 70 year young!
Old 04-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #10

Iowa
My brother was in a band also. He hauled a lot of gear in his International Travelall. Eventually he settled down and bought a house and some ground and got interested in gardening. The Travelall reposed in the back yard for a couple years. It no longer ran. However it was repurposed as a greenhouse and cold frame for getting young plants ready to set out. Man did they ever do well in that once rolling greenhouse. Yes we are Bohemies. He turned 70 about three weeks ago.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-04-2021, 11:17 AM   #11

Pennsylvania
Registry
Dave, Always good to hear from a fellow Bohemian. Like your brother, but different, I ended up with a career as a K-12 public school non-academic administrator. Never quite fit the mold but have been told I performed well. Still lugging music gear around in our Lil Snoozy travels. While it has been about 10 years since I enjoyed sliding around turns in a sports car, I still think about it frequently. We raised three boys (now men) and they some how ended up more like my parents rather than me. Their idea of a car is a Toyota Camry. Go Figure.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:28 AM   #12

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Extremely poor aerodynamics, lots of leak points, and squirrelly to back.

This. It’s even pleasant to look at.
Attachment 140055
Nah! I hate crawling INTO something as much as I hate crawling UNDER something!

My hubby camped at regattas happily for about 24 years in his little Aerostar van which had cabinets and a little bed, all assembled with marine hardware. When I showed up, I handled the "stand halfway up while bent over trying to put on your jeans" business for about 5 minutes, and we got a tent which attached to the van.

That was quite heavenly, but when you consider the work involved in packing, setting up, tearing down, and unpacking at home for a weekend trip, that ALSO became ANATHEMA.

Getting a trailer was tricky, because how do you also tow a boat? But after about 5 years as crew, I was banged up enough to put my foot down, and he went back to his single-handed dinghy we could transport on top of the van or even on my car. Bingo. Lil Bigfoot: Hard sided tent.

That you don't have to crawl into.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #13

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllPea in CA View Post
Nah! I hate crawling INTO something as much as I hate crawling UNDER something!
I’m with you! I posted the MyPod as a more practical (and way more attractive) alternative for those who are willing to have a crawl-in trailer like the Hitch Hut. I’m definitely not in the target market for either.

The only real advantage I can see in this product is the potential ability to store it in the same garage stall as a small tow vehicle, perhaps for those who are burdened with a single garage and restrictive HOA rules.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote