Hmmm, what to pay for a Bigfoot? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft ('Lillypod')
A dealer near us (Midwest) has a 2005 Bigfoot 21FB for sale. Nice trailer! They're asking $24,900, which is way out of my ballpark. Anyone know what a good, fair price would be? My research is leadeing me to think $18,000-$19,000 is reasonable.

Any suggestions are most appreciated! Thanks!
Aaron Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I think I know that dealer, up near the border?
I would offer what you think is reasonable, if he's hungry he'll take it. Otherwise there are more out there, don't feel like you lost the last one, cause you didn't.
I would give that one a hard time.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #3

Quote:
I think I know that dealer, up near the border?
I would offer what you think is reasonable, if he's hungry he'll take it. Otherwise there are more out there, don't feel like you lost the last one, cause you didn't.
I would give that one a hard time.
Thanks! Yep, it's Kramer's. Do you know them?

Also, I'd be needing to sell our Casita 16' Spirit Deluxe, it you'd be interested! (-;
Old 11-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
See... THIS exchange is the VALUE of these groups. The flow of ideas and information is fantastic.

Without researching it myself, you know what... GIVEN the time of year (I am suspecting RV's don't move THAT well when the temp drops), AND given the current general economic conditions AND given the fuel costs (even tho they have dropped, they are still "high" and there is concern about where they WILL go next...)... Given ALL THAT, I would lay all that out as a reason for saying straight out...

"Look, you and I BOTH know that $25,000 is not where the market is at. Sharpen your pencil and come up with a FAR MORE realistic price ... then give me a call... here is my ##" - and be fully willing to walk away.

You ultimately hold the Ace card... in this market, if YOU don't buy, NO TELLING when the next buyer will waltz by... A good operator knows that and it will change his outlook.

HAPPY HUNTING!!!!
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Aaron... I "second that emotion". It's not like you are trailerless!!! Let them come down with a price then negotiate further down and be prepared to walk!!! You are in the "Tug seat".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Hi Aaron,

Make your offer, but do it seriously on paper. The only risk is that someone else will offer more, which is not likely at this point in time. The worth of a travel trailer depends on its condition and how bad the buyer wants it. If you like the trailer, you can always come back and offer more. BTW, our Bigfoot came from Kramers and I have good reason to believe that the original owner got a deal!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #7

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Here's a 2006 21 Bigfoot listed a few weeks back in our referral section at $19500 that appears to not have sold, so the market could possibly even be lower right now.

Bigfoot
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Here's a 2006 21 Bigfoot listed a few weeks back in our referral section at $19500 that appears to not have sold, so the market could possibly even be lower right now.

Bigfoot
thanks to all who responded. This forum is great.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #9

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
Hi Aaron,

I was just wondering how the Bigfoot Factory closing will affect your decision, or the Dealer's pricing for that matter. I think used Bigfoot’s are hard to find now, just wait a few years.

We are glad to have ours and we must take even better care of it now.

Dean
Dean & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #10

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Aaron, I noticed a 1988 17' go recently for 9k ca through a dealer. I thought that might be a too high for 20 years old...

It was suggested recently I go through a reality check when listing our 1998 here for 14K..however this recent news has given me cause to pause.

Shameless Plug: Our 17 is still for sale BTW even at the adjusted price of 10k
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot