Home Office - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #1

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Our neighbor is crossing Canada via the railroad and sent the following two pictures from Winnipeg. Low overhead?
Jayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Pix look like they were maybe taken at "The Fort"? More details please?????
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Pix look like they were maybe taken at "The Fort"? More details please?????
Hi Doug, Yes, they did say it was at "The Fort". A couple run a tandem bike rental business out of the Boler. Notice the web address painted on the front of the trailer. Thats all I know. Keith
Old 05-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #4

Registry
...a little slip up on my spelling there but I think 'we' caught the drift!

I said the Fort, and the spot was actuall the FORKS. The Fort is a local term for the old historical site of Fort Gary in Winnipeg, while the Forks is named after the convergance of the Red and Assiniboine rivers (in the same city) located across the road from the Fort.

The Forks now takes up almost all of what was years ago, the Canadian Pacific Railway's Winnipeg freight terminus. This location now houses all manner of things to do and see whiel in town. The Fort was built at this site to help facilitate the fur traders, etc of that era. Mostly all that remains of the Fort is a restored front gate. I understand that even this structure has been moved from its original location.
.......any other 'Peggers in here care to help me out here, ( ) its been a while since I've been 'home'
Old 05-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
The timing on those photos was good, they opened on the 10th of May.

Here is a link to their website...Bee2gether
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #6

Hi Doug, I reviewed their E-mail and it was "FORKS". Sorry! Keith
Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
The timing on those photos was good, they opened on the 10th of May.

Here is a link to their website...Bee2gether
Could this just be a bite of a spam sandwich? LOL
Old 05-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Quote:
.The Forks now takes up almost all of what was years ago, the Canadian Pacific Railway's Winnipeg freight terminus. This location now houses all manner of things to do and see whiel in town. The Fort was built at this site to help facilitate the fur traders, etc of that era. Mostly all that remains of the Fort is a restored front gate. I understand that even this structure has been moved from its original location.
.......any other 'Peggers in here care to help me out here, ( ) its been a while since I've been 'home'
Not sure about Fort Garry Gate — I'm pretty sure it's still where it's always been. But the yards were CNR space — the East Yards — and the adjacent station is Union Station, still the VIA Rail terminus in the Peg. My dad was a CN employee all his life and I spent a lot of time as a kid kicking around those yards. The Forks are a great improvement on all the industrial crap that used to be there, and at the north end of the Forks stretch they have a magnificent little ballpark where the Goldeyes play baseball. Of course it's also a landing strip for the world's largest mosquitoes . . .
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
You'll notice that the nifty bike rack keeps the tow vehicle fenders from hitting the bike! I once saw a Scamp where the owner had lengthened the tongue so a similar bike rack could be installed a little further back (and the bikes slung a bit lower).
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote