Hosts across Canada - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #1

Name: Corbett
Trailer: 1973 boler
Ontario
Hosts across Canada

my husband and i have a Boler and we are leaving on June 15 and headin to British Columbia….. how to I find "Hosts" that we might be able to stay at from here to there?….are there any websites showing what provinces in which they maybe in?,, I have googled …but not much info
Corbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 2001 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
There's a nominal fee to join, but "Boondockers Welcome" has a good number of people in Canada offering places to stay. If you are going to be anywhere near Kimberley, BC, there is a nice level gravel spot in front of my house with a view of the Rockies and Purcell Mountains

https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/
ClareM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #3

Ontario
thank you so much for the info….and the invilte….if we are going to be around that area….hopefully we can drop in and say hello…we are heading out of Ontario all the way to BC and back….getting excited about it
but the info i was reading was for RVs or trailers with washrooms,,,,does this we cannot use our Boler for boondocking?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
thank you so much for the info….and the invilte….if we are going to be around that area….hopefully we can drop in and say hello…we are heading out of Ontario all the way to BC and back….getting excited about it
but the info i was reading was for RVs or trailers with washrooms,,,,does this we cannot use our Boler for boondocking?
You can use your Boler for real Boondocking were every you want - just get yourself a a porta potty and look for places to shower such as local rec centres etc.... the thing about the Host sites you are asking about is that they are basically people giving you a place to park your trailer but not the use of their home for showers & bathrooms & power etc.

There are websites with with free camping spot information if you are actually wanting to really Boondock.

50 Free Campsites In BC - BC Magazine This list was actually just published a lot of folks are a little steamed about the fact that now EVERY one knows about the spots rather than the secret few society that previously know about them.

Free Campsites at Recreational sites in Canada.

Go Camping BC
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #5

Name: Naomi
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 Foot
British Columbia
Free Camping

I posted these sites a few weeks ago:

Free Camping. Free Campsites and Campgrounds Near You!

Western Canada Harvest Hosts Maps
Boler Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #6

Ontario
crossing canada

thank you everyone for your help and advise….this is making the trip a little more comforting….
Old 06-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #7

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Scamp
Arizona
Bruce & Ellyn

We are going to try a group called Harvest Hosts in a couple of weeks. Unique RV Overnight Stops with Harvest Hosts
They are mostly in the US but I think they have a few hosts in Canada.
El Brazo Enophre is offline   Reply With Quote