how come tom44 sold his captains chairs for 250. and i cant get 50.??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #1

Name: KAYAK
Trailer: 2007 casita freedom deluxe-2013 tacoma
New Hampshire
how come tom44 sold his captains chairs for 250. and i cant get 50.???

what do they cost from casita?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...irs-48063.html
lpk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Do you have them advertised in trailer parts or miscellany on this site? Where are they advertised asking $50? I have no thoughts on the depth of the customer pool for Casita swivel chairs and am assuming that the question you ask is rhetorical and the one you need answered is what selling venue offers the best hope of a successful sale? If I'm wrong please disregard.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #3

Delaware
OK the pedestal on one was cut. Price is very reasonable. Likewise on the one with the full hgt pedestal and floor flange. How about kicking your sale ad back to the top of the current posts queue by typing something in a new posting block in your sale thread, say "Still available" or "last day at reduced prices" or "Captain's chairs, Will noone buy my fine captain's chairs?"

jack
Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I'm still wondering if we should have bought them. Mary is in NH until Thursday. One of those things of can't tell if it will work until I have them in my hands.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #5

New Hampshire
hi-thanks for replying. here they are on here:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...dom-57784.html

it is a real question...i didnt check to see what they were worth when i posted...but if mary can pick them up before she leaves maybe you could get a better price for them if you cant use them. i have them stored in a good shed now...but i moved here a year ago and really need to get rid of stuff. until last month when i posted the ad they were in my other house. i'm in a little retirement house now after raising 4 kids and having a horse farm. too much stuff.

i had them on craigslist and didnt keep updating it but someone found it last night and says he wants them. but he wants me to bring to him-about 30 miles and i agreed last night-but i am thinking i will call back ans say no. its a really good price. i shouldnt pay gas too. and i get a little nervous about craigslist sales. will he give me real money. will i end up in his cellar for 20 years? i think i will make him come here and have a neighbor with me.. or maybe make him come down the road a bit.

i's rather give mary and bob a good deal! or someone else on here. when i saw how much i underpriced them i was afraid people would think they were in bad shape.

i'll put the ad up.

thanks again...you guys are very nice to newbies. k.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #6

Name: William E.
Trailer: "Investigating for Retirement"
Texas
no way deliver to him, you have a more than fair price on the product, you are not in the delivery business, do not bring them to your house unless you know them, meet at a convenience store, police station, fire station if close with a friend and with good traffic in the area. do not accept, checks, certified checks (to many fraudulent ones generated on computers)... cash only read the safety features on the bills or get a marking FRAUD pen. tell them to call you when the arrive at the delivery location, many do not show....if they want to only give you a certified check - say know - or keep merchandise for a minimum of 14 to 21 days before delivery PERIOD! for actual clearance of check or charge back on a bad check, Been there done that. personally I only deal in cash on delivery unless I know them super well - if you doubt me read all the warnings at craigslist - and do not listen to any naysayers here at the forum. there are many crooks out there, even family members.

sell them on ebay where at least you have some protection plan backing you and sell as is with no return policy bet you could get lots more money or sell for pickup only
hopes this helps - I used to be very trusting until I got burnt couple of times - never again will that happen to me, good luck
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #7

New Hampshire
i dont really understnand ebay-i would prefer to meet at a bank and go in and have the teller tell me the bills are real. thats how i bought my camper for cash-i knew the seller was nervous and didnt blame him.

my neighbor weighs about 99 lbs and when i told her i was gonna meet the guy she texted she'd "wear a muscle shirt and pack heat". im not even sure i know what she means...

too much to stress over for 50 bucks. i want bob and mary to get them!

ps-thx for the tips...we have a yard sale coming up so i should get one of those pens anyway---remember when it wasnt like this? you could trust ppl?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by web3221 View Post
- and do not listen to any naysayers here at the forum.
There are naysayers here???? I only noticed a couple doomsday predictors. Anyway the kidnaper ax murderers Mary & Bob bought them, and LPK will never be heard from again!!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #9

New Hampshire
lol
Old 05-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #10

Delaware
Indeed.

jack
Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #11

New York
OH NO, after joking about craigslist risk, I read on the news this morning that a young man in Hartford CT was shot dead when he went to meet someone to make the sale of an item he had advertised on craigslist. Be careful out there!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #12

New Hampshire
i tried to find that report and couldnt...but when i texted the craigslist guy i got rid of the chairs cuz it was too far for me to drive he wasnt that happy. i'm glad theyre gone and wish i didnt have the hitch to get rid of...its very scary...too bad CL works so well
Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #13

Name: William E.
Trailer: "Investigating for Retirement"
Texas
you ever had a gun pulled on you trying to sell something (not drugs etc..)
I have, I also had backup friend - thank goodness
just trying to help, and my input was no joking manner. just facts, sometimes things go wrong - to good and sincere caring people.

as stated I have only met a few jerks at this forum they know themselves...

I truly hope none of these jerks, never respond to my posts again, I do not need it and the forum does not either...

let the gangbanging begin

and I have learned much from really great folks with my future endeavors in the rving life for retirement, and I appreciate all the good people of the forum

especially saw palmetto man I think that is right

please mary bob do not think I was calling you out - as I was not....
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #14

New Hampshire
i was so happy to be able to sell to someone on here instead of CL

i'm telling the salesman that sold me the rav and truck that i have the hitch for sale. i'd give someone buying a rav with tow package a good deal...just knowing i dont have to meet them somewhere. i dont like to go to their house but i dont want them to come to mine either. i figure the local busiest gas station or convenience store is best.