how many use the following - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Talking

How many of you use Passport America or CampClub USA ... CampclubUSA state that you can us it at only 1100 camp grounds through the U.S..... that not to many.... do you save any thing... or due you just wing it......????
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Don't use Passport America or CampClub USA
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Don't use either one. Usually camp in state parks and only use private campgrounds at rallies.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We have Passport America and we've used it many times. Recently in Pahrump.. 50% off .. sometimes just for a night, but other times for 3 nights or more. We find it pays for itself and then some. We also have Good Sam and AAA for discounts, which are usually 10% off.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I have Passport America and use it rarely but more than enough to get my money back and then some. Since I'm a person who avoids big cities, freeways etc and am on very rural roads, I don't run across many campgrounds that take PA. But I do find nice SP's which I really prefer.

Now having said all that I was amazed when I was back in Ohio. About 1/2 of Ohio's SP's take PA. I met a friend at Grand Lake St Mary's SP and used my PA. What a great SP. I'm plotting a trip for 2012 and will definitely make at least 2 stops in Ohio at the participating SP's.

PA is worth the price as all it takes is a couple nights at 1/2 price and you've got your membership fee back. The rest of the year or membership period is gravy.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita
sound's like P/A would be the better way to go......
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Look at the campgrounds on the Passport America website to be sure they are available on the route you plan to travel. They frequently add and delete campgrounds, and we have not had as much success as some of the members in finding convenient campgrounds. We did not use our membership once last year and will not renew this year. http://www.passportamerica.com/campgrounds
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
We use CC USA and love it.

It has worked well - just a few glitches where a campground was listed, but dropped out. Minor annoyances. Otherwise, we take it into consideration when planning a day's journey - where we plan to end up. When we picked up our Scamp in 09/2008 we left Backus on a 4 week trip to New England before returning home to California. During that time, we extensively used CC USA. And again, we used it this winter when we were gone 01/22 to 03/05.

We have seen different **quality** of parks - from "Boy would I love to spend time HERE" to "AHHHHHH - LET ME OUT NOW". But I think THAT just comes with the territory. Some are good, some are bad.

Overall we are very pleased and plan to renew every year.

Go to their websites and look at the participating parks and see if the areas YOU will be traveling to or through are represented. One of the other may serve YOU better.

Happy Trails - Alan W.
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote