How much beer do you need for camping? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
How much beer do you need for camping?

In light of (no pun intended) the ongoing thread on flashlights, I thought it would be Interesing to pose a similar question. So, all you lovers of the malted barley beverages, how much do you need for a weekend camping trip, or for a week in the boonies?
C&G in FL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
In the Spring & Fall ( Cool weather) we figure a 12 Pak of Leines per day per person.
In the summer ( Warm weather ) we figure an 18 Pak of Leines per day per person.

We also carry along a 5 Ltr box of burgundy wine , a 1/2 Ltr
each of brandy , rum , gin , vodka , whiskey , plus 1 ltr each of sherry & port wine.

These amounts may seem excessive but we live in Wisconsin and often camp with other couples from the area.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
In light of (no pun intended) the ongoing thread on flashlights, I thought it would be Interesing to pose a similar question. So, all you lovers of the malted barley beverages, how much do you need for a weekend camping trip, or for a week in the boonies?
Beef and barley makes for a good soup, and it goes good with a nice chocolate malt.
Sounds good for lunch tomorrow, thanks!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
We do more wine than beer. Usually a box of red but sometimes bottles. We do travel with a bottle of scotch, nice in the summer with ice. Mike
Attached Thumbnails
BE0A03D6-7D30-45E5-BDF0-4305E511CE07.jpg  
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
ZERO, I really enjoy being sober!
But I really love the taste of beer also.
I drink 0.5 to quench the need.
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
I'm typically a a one beer a day guy, sometime two if the spirit moves me so I don't need a whole lot. Whatever I take has to be in cans so I typically take an average 5% microbrew like maybe New Belgium 1554 or Avery Ellie's Brown Ale. If space is at a premium, sometimes I take Old Chub which is an 8% scotch ale and goes further.

In the summer I host some camp outs for a Meetup group. Beer and wine are always available and about 50% of the group will enjoy sitting around the campfire smoking pot. I've never had a problem with someone getting too loaded on either substance or causing problems.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #7

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
I'm typically a a one beer a day guy, sometime two if the spirit moves me so I don't need a whole lot. Whatever I take has to be in cans so I typically take an average 5% microbrew like maybe New Belgium 1554 or Avery Ellie's Brown Ale. If space is at a premium, sometimes I take Old Chub which is an 8% scotch ale and goes further.

In the summer I host some camp outs for a Meetup group. Beer and wine are always available and about 50% of the group will enjoy sitting around the campfire smoking pot. I've never had a problem with someone getting too loaded on either substance or causing problems.

I can’t stand either the smell or taste of it. Besides isn’t 81 too young to drink alcoholic beverages?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Whatever the fridge will hold.
Attached Thumbnails
beer fridge.jpg  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I never smoked pot in my life or tried any other illegal mood altering substance for that matter.
I quit drinking alcohol in 1985 and haven't has a drink since
I quit smoking cigars on Nov 18th , 2017
Dear God do I miss a good cigar.
Alcohol was easy , Cigars are much harder , at least for me.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I never smoked pot in my life or tried any other illegal mood altering substance for that matter.
I quit drinking alcohol in 1985 and haven't has a drink since
I quit smoking cigars on Nov 18th , 2017
Dear God do I miss a good cigar.
Alcohol was easy , Cigars are much harder , at least for me.
We know you quit sugar.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #11

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post

Its never a problem if you're too loaded to see it.
!
"Wine tasting" at fiberglass gatherings east of the Rockies was non-existent until just a few years ago.

Kept to a single event at a gathering for an hour or two is one thing, but if it continues growing to the point you describe... we won't be missed.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #12

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
2 or 3 beers during a 3 week camping trip is plenty for me. Might be real beer, might be the non-alcoholic variety. Sometimes in hot weather a somewhat bitter drink quenches the thirst.

A riddle: what kind of beer do flashaholics prefer? Answer: any light beer! (pun definitely intended). Actually I only care that it has low IBUs. No IPA for me!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
A riddle: what kind of beer do flashaholics prefer? Answer: any light beer! (pun definitely intended). Actually I only care that it has low IBUs. No IPA for me!
You'd like Sol then ( Spanish for sun? ). It only resembles beer, in colour. No IBUs, no flavour.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:02 AM   #14

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
2 or 3 beers during a 3 week camping trip is plenty for me. Might be real beer, might be the non-alcoholic variety. Sometimes in hot weather a somewhat bitter drink quenches the thirst.

Good one, Mike!
C&G in FL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #15

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
Click image for larger version

Name:	camp beer.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	115195Two birds one stone
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #16

Name: Monte
Trailer: Boler and Scamp Deluxe
California
Registry
How much beer do you need for camping?

ZERO !!!!! I've seen too many lives destroyed by this and pot! People think they need this to have a good time and many times they mess things up for other people!!!! You asked , Just saying!!!!
Monte W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #17

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
How much beer...?

You can do good by drinking beer! If you're not familiar with the 'craft brewery' business then step out of your comfort zone and find one, ask for 'guidance' and give it a try. You're supporting small business and these folks are as fanatical about their beer as we are about our fiberglass RV's.
burrorojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:29 PM   #18

Name: Gary
Trailer: Uhaul
Pennsylvania
No beer, but I do take a fifth of whiskey with me for mixed drinks. Mostly just one or two a night for a weekend
Russ514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:32 PM   #19

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I can’t stand either the smell or taste of it. Besides isn’t 81 too young to drink alcoholic beverages?
Definitely, but I'm now 83, so all good.
I usually carry and consume about 1 beer per day when camping. And only real beer, IPA, Porter, Stout, etc.
And in Summer I'll usually have some good gin aboard for the occasional gin and tonic.
I've just learned about all the newer small batch gins and am enjoying sampling them. I really like Bluecoat so far.

Walt
Old 01-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #20

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrorojo View Post
You can do good by drinking beer! If you're not familiar with the 'craft brewery' business then step out of your comfort zone and find one, ask for 'guidance' and give it a try. You're supporting small business and these folks are as fanatical about their beer as we are about our fiberglass RV's.
Agreed. It's pretty amazing the variety of tastes that can can be obtained through only four or so ingredients. Right now in Colorado, home of over 400 breweries, the two biggies (A-B and Miller-Coors) are starting to buy up some of the larger microbreweries. Breckenridge was taken over not too long ago. But I always try to support the independent little guy when I head to the liquor store.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote