how much did you use your camper this year? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
how much did you use your camper this year?

Curious how much most people used their eggs this year.....my wife and I went every other weekend from mid april and plan to go at least twice more. You full timers can chime in too
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
Curious how much most people used their eggs this year.....my wife and I went every other weekend from mid april and plan to go at least twice more. You full timers can chime in too
We have owned our Scamp for seven years and averaged about 40 nights per year.... Wow! I didn't realize it was that much until just now!
We generally use our Scamp from February to early November on trips which last from a couple of days to just over three weeks. We would like to go longer but always end up back at our home, which we love and which provides access and obligations to friends and family.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sigh. Four times.. the shortest was four nights, the longest eight nights. Dang ole work seems to get in the way of fun. Going to the NOG (five nights) in October and have a two night campout planned for November... then winterizing and put into hibernation until (at least) late March. So, that will make six campouts for 2011.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We did a 2-night stay in Indiana in May, 4-nights in Stoughton, WI at Memorial Day weekend, 2 nights again in Stoughton in June, a 10-day trip to Philadelphia in June, and another 2-night stay in Iowa in July. I hope for one more weekend trip in October.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard
Not enough ...Broken wrist... 100+ temps 70+ days this summer... out of control fires in TX

Hopefully better this fall and next year

Karen
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #6

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
This Saturday will be my first trip with the trailer since I had my stroke last December. I made a couple overnight campouts sleeping in my camper shell but now I'm ready to hitch up and go to Morro Bay on the central coast for 4 days. Been back to work since July 11 with just some weakness in right arm/hand but I hooked up today for a short ride and everything was ok.
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #7

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
6 nights. Not nearly enough. Working too much, playing too little.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #8

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Six weeks (in total) so far, with another Glass Egg meet coming up here Sept 15/16 weekend...
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #9

Name: Gail & Tom O
Trailer: Eggcamper 2010
Maryland
Five weeks, 18 states then 2 nights at the Poconos Eggfest. It was fantastic!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #10

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We used our trailer(s) about 210 days last year. This year it looks like about 3oo days.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #11

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842
We used our trailer(s) about 210 days last year. This year it looks like about 3oo days.
Want to trade lives for a year?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #12

Name: Julie & Terry
Trailer: 2019 GoBE; Former Scamp owner; 2005 & 2014 Jeeps
Minnesota
We've been on six different trips this year since we got our Scamp in April. About 25 days total so far, with 1 more trip of 4 days planned in mid October. We love Scamping!!
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #13

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
After picking up my Escape 17B in Chilliwack, BC, I spent 104 days in the southwest US & Canada. I'll be heading out for a weekend at Niagara Falls next week & hope to follow the fall colors south in a month or so.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #14

Florida
Year 11

"Want to trade lives for a year"

McBrew,

We are going into year 11 of RVing.

Over the past 10 years we have spent over 2000 days traveling in our various RVs. Giving up our working life has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Hopefully we can keep it up for 10 more years.

My dad used to tell me that "Life is a series of choices; make good ones."

Safe travels,

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #15

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
As per usual, the Boler went to the Monroe (Wa) antique auto parts swap meet for 3 days (2 nights) and, as always, that's the only time it has been out of the driveway. It never gets more than 4 nights a year of use.

Very Unusually, we camped our way back from Texas with our "new" Bigfoot 21, getting approx 20 days in it. (which was WAY too much for us!) It will go to Monroe for the fall swap meet, and to the Bigfoot factory later in October to get a few things installed (estimate about 2 -3 days away).

I doubt the Bigfoot will ever go anywhere except to Monroe (spring & fall meets), and back to Bonneville salt flats once a year for a week.

All future travel plans will involve car plus hotels
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
25 nights spent in the Scamp so far this year. We were able to camp every month except May, and have trips planned for each month the rest of the year.
Longest trip will be in Oct, from GA to Ontario, Canada and back.
One of the benefits of living next to FL is that we can still camp in DEC and JAN, although we might have to drain and protect our lines from freezing each time we come back.
I use my Scamp MUCH MORE than I ever used my pop-up camper! Only 2 more years til retirement!
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #17

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
20 nights so far........ with a week trip to Michigan planned later this month........also since I basically kept trailer heated to work inside of it this past winter, think I'm going to TRY to camp at least on weekend each month this winter...notice TRY
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #18

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
by the end of september it'll be 99 nights this year! have had a blast and wish it was more!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #19

Florida
2012 Trip

This is our general route for 2012/2013. Some 10-11,000 miles over 11 months. This will be our longest trip in any 12 month period. Usually we don't travel in the summer except for trips to Alaska or Newfoundland.

Hopefully we'll run into some of our Fiberglass friends at rallies around the country.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Mapa.JPG  

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #20

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Can't say for each year, we have done over a month some years straight. But this year has been a poor one for use.

After what seemed an endless summer of set backs, such as Lincoln Nat'l Forest being closed due to drought conditions, fires in other parts of the state, family obligations, we were able to go camping in our Scamp. We left Sunday, 28 August and got back 6 Sept. Therefore, we used the Scamp 10 days so far this year. Came home with a cold or allergies.

But we did fly to Anchorage, camped for a week in Alaska in a rented A-Liner, spend an additional two weeks there visiting our 3 granddaughters and their mom & dad, plus doing some sight seeing. Did several trips to Tucson to be with our grandson & his mom, will his dad was gone on work. Went to Albuquerque to see the Zoo & Aquarium with the same grandson & our daughter. Drove to SoCal to visit my wife's mom for a week & went to see the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach one day with our daughter & grandson.

My hope is to make up for some lost camping in the Scamp in the time left of this year. Maybe the west coast to see the sights again but in a different season? Or just see some of New Mexico in a different light.

Normally, we do more long trips, such as to Yellowstone, but this year just didn't get to.

Norm & Ginny, WoW! You guys put some miles on and time in your Scamp. Good for you. I would like to take the Scamp up to Alaska & spend some time exploring there, a little torn with the idea of doing so considering the many miles often on dirt and/or rough roads to get there; plus the cost of fuel. Not sure what the final decision will be. It is so nice to fly up in just a few hours time. We do have a base to stay with our son & his family.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote