Hymer Auction - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Hymer Auction

I wonder how many of those 100 empty shells will become camp trailers?

https://infinityassets.com/files/auc...04wzI8ZrbKPnw4
Old 07-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
It seemed like a good idea at the time?
Old 07-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Someone should mention it to Norm. I think he is one of the few people with the means and the interest level to take on a project like finishing out FG trailers. He might have some fun with all these shells and parts.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Looking through the inventory, which seemed enormous, I didn't see any frames. Lots of axles though. Seems like it would be a bit tricky to haul away a shell with no undercarriage. And then, of course, one would need the factory roof, lift mechanism and canvas.

So, the bidding process would have to include those parts, as well as a set of windows to fit the already cut holes. I couldn't see how the floor was done or if the shells had one already.

Interesting problem for them to have plenty of inventory and not enough sales. I wonder why?
Old 07-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Am I the only one who looks at those pictures and just wants to cry? It’s so sad. Someone’s dream is shattered. They probably thought their trailer would be the next Casita or Scamp or Escape, and now, nothing. All those employees out of work who may have shared that same vision. I could never been a business person. I better stick to teaching.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa M. View Post
Am I the only one who looks at those pictures and just wants to cry? It’s so sad. Someone’s dream is shattered.

I think it was more like some corporation's dream shattered.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #7

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I think it was more like some corporation's dream shattered.
Yep. These trailers were sold via dealers, not factory direct. A few are still on dealer lots, and I suspect the dozen or so from this auction will end up on lots as well.

Nobody had a down payment on the line. Instead of individuals getting burned, it was the hundreds of smaller companies who were owed money by Hymer NA and the dealers that purchased early from Hymer that got screwed.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #8

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Looking through the inventory, which seemed enormous, I didn't see any frames. Lots of axles though. Seems like it would be a bit tricky to haul away a shell with no undercarriage. And then, of course, one would need the factory roof, lift mechanism and canvas.

So, the bidding process would have to include those parts, as well as a set of windows to fit the already cut holes. I couldn't see how the floor was done or if the shells had one already.

Interesting problem for them to have plenty of inventory and not enough sales. I wonder why?
As I understand it, the problem wasn't sales but malfeasance of the management at that factory. There was a thread here on this subject, with a link to an article.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #9

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post

I picked up my trailer today at Sicard RV and asked my salesman about the auction. I was told that they had sent one of their people to see the inventory a few weeks ago to determine if it was worth going. The Hymer trailers have been good sellers at their discounted price. The report was many shells, few parts. They are exploring sourcing parts from Europe.

On the Facebook group, a couple owners have already tracked down suppliers for various items including windows.

The frames are tubular steel and I think integral to the shell.